Do good productive people respond to political polls?

I’ve never received a ‘polling’ call nor have I ever responded to one online...have you?
/----/ I've gotten a few and all were push polls. After that I stopped participating.

A push poll is an interactive marketing technique, most commonly employed during political campaigning, in which an individual or organization attempts to manipulate or alter prospective voters' views/beliefs under the guise of conducting an opinion poll.

In a push poll, large numbers of voters are contacted with little effort made to actually collect and analyze voters' response data. Instead, the push poll is a form of telemarketing-based propaganda and rumor mongering, masquerading as an opinion poll. Push polls may rely on innuendo, or information gleaned from opposition research on the political opponent of the interests behind the poll.

Example: "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for Bill Clinton for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?"

I get them quite frequently, particularly around election time. One has been quite persistent this last week, calling several times a day. I am ready to fog horn them if they keep it up this week. Lol

I hear Hispanics are very responsive to phone calls from unknown phone numbers as are those on welfare...they tend to think they’ve won something or the social services office may be calling to offer an increase in freebies.

I got a political poll call one day and made the lady so angry with me she hung up......:4_13_65:
The polls I’ve received are complicated. Ask the same question three or four times just a bit differently each time. It’s a classic technique

Back when Ron was in Congress, he'd do about a 5 minute weekly robo call explaining what was wrong with every bill that the dems and repubs were trying to hammer us with and that he'd be voting against the political tyrants.

Gosh, I miss having statesmen in Congress.

I did an online one once. Got bounced halfway through it...I suppose my answers were not the desired ones

Forum List

Back