DNC emcee Kerry Washington praises 'hugely diverse' Black community following Biden gaffe

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Actress Kerry Washington, while emceeing the virtual Democratic National Convention on Wednesday, said "the Black community in this country is hugely diverse" -- just weeks after Democratic nominee Joe Biden was forced to walk back comments on the topic.

Before airing a pre-taped segment addressing immigration, Washington began by telling viewers the next subject is "close to my heart."

"The Black community in this country is hugely diverse," Washington said. "On my father's side, I'm descended from African Americans who came from slave ships that landed in South Carolina and who were part of the great migration north that has played such a defining role in who we are as a nation. On my mother's side, my grandparents came here as immigrants, part of a rich history that has also defined America. They immigrated to this country from the West Indies through Ellis Island in the 1920s."

BJ's Pull quote -
Some critics called it a 'brutal subtweet' of the Democratic nominee

LOL more whitewashing over Biden inadvertently letting the true Democratic view of Black people slip. They see American Blacks as unthinking cattle that needs to be managed just enough in order to harvest votes.

Actress Kerry Washington, while emceeing the virtual Democratic National Convention on Wednesday, said "the Black community in this country is hugely diverse" -- just weeks after Democratic nominee Joe Biden was forced to walk back comments on the topic.

Before airing a pre-taped segment addressing immigration, Washington began by telling viewers the next subject is "close to my heart."

"The Black community in this country is hugely diverse," Washington said. "On my father's side, I'm descended from African Americans who came from slave ships that landed in South Carolina and who were part of the great migration north that has played such a defining role in who we are as a nation. On my mother's side, my grandparents came here as immigrants, part of a rich history that has also defined America. They immigrated to this country from the West Indies through Ellis Island in the 1920s."

BJ's Pull quote -
They speak the same, wear the same fashion, listen to the same music, and share the same politics. There is NOTHING diverse in the black community.

The only diversity in the black community is black republicans. Everyone else comes from the same cookie cutter.

BJ's Pull quote -
They speak the same, wear the same fashion, listen to the same music, and share the same politics. There is NOTHING diverse in the black community.

The only diversity in the black community is black republicans. Everyone else comes from the same cookie cutter.

Hey it's Joe Biden versus Kerry Washington -

Seems like there are more and more that are escaping the Democratic Plantation.

BJ's Pull quote -
She’s full of shit.
Her legacy is post-civil rights, great society, welfare, affirmative action and self-segregation.

Forum List

Back