Disproving the notion of 1 God for 1 religion.

Drake_Roberts

Rookie
Oct 20, 2013
Southern Indiana, USA
Every day you hear people, especially on this site, who claim that their religion is best and that God only goes for their religion. Often, you hear Christians or Catholics claiming this. Here's my evidence to the contrary:

According to the Gospels, three wisemen left from the east and journeyed to Israel in order to witness the birth of Christ. Because they came from the east, they came from either Parthia (an empire related to Persia) , India, or China. Of these three, Parthia is closest and thus far more likely. Parthia's state religion at the time was Zoroastiranism, a monotheistic faith concerned with the teachings of Zoroaster about their God, Ahura Mazda, fighting the Devil, Angra Mainyu. This means the wisemen weren't Jews.

Who did God appear to? Not the Jewish priests or King Herod, but the supposed pagan priests and magicians from Persia! But that would mean God chose to disregard the Israelites and instead appeared in the form of a star to the heathens!

All you narrow-minded purists, fit that into your twisted ideology.

God actually appeared to the Shepherds who were Jews.
The wise men were following Daniel's predictions.

some people just dont get it..read your bible and you shall be set free as in being told the truth..

• Banned

Okay. I'll admit I forgot the shepherds. But the wise men said they were following a star that had risen in the east, over Persia, not Daniel's prophecy.

BTW, Daniel also prophesied the world would end in three and a half years since the angel Michael supposedly spoke to him. I'm still alive a few thousand years later, so I wouldn't put much stock in all of Daniel's predictions.

• Banned
If I start my own religion, do I get my own God?

Sounds like a deal to me. :thup:

Sure, you can get your own God. But my point was about religions like Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, etc. that have sacred texts and seriously believe their God to be real. Why can't they all be real as the same God appearing to different people in different ways?

BTW, Daniel also prophesied the world would end in three and a half years since the angel Michael supposedly spoke to him. I'm still alive a few thousand years later, so I wouldn't put much stock in all of Daniel's predictions.

That is an interpretation.

Every day you hear people, especially on this site, who claim that their religion is best and that God only goes for their religion. Often, you hear Christians or Catholics claiming this. Here's my evidence to the contrary:

According to the Gospels, three wisemen left from the east and journeyed to Israel in order to witness the birth of Christ. Because they came from the east, they came from either Parthia (an empire related to Persia) , India, or China. Of these three, Parthia is closest and thus far more likely. Parthia's state religion at the time was Zoroastiranism, a monotheistic faith concerned with the teachings of Zoroaster about their God, Ahura Mazda, fighting the Devil, Angra Mainyu. This means the wisemen weren't Jews.

Who did God appear to? Not the Jewish priests or King Herod, but the supposed pagan priests and magicians from Persia! But that would mean God chose to disregard the Israelites and instead appeared in the form of a star to the heathens!

Odd, I've been on this site for years and never heard anyone claim that God only goes for their religion.

God is Lord over the whole world. That would be true whether we worship as He instructs or not.

As for the wisemen, ever consider they came from further east than China?

Odd, I've been on this site for years and never heard anyone claim that God only goes for their religion.

God is Lord over the whole world. That would be true whether we worship as He instructs or not.

really? seems like of the 3 god of Abraham faiths Christians talk more shit about "their" god being the best and only god...
the wise men did not come from Joseph Smith's fantasy trilogy...

why won't you just read the Gospels instead of asking on the board?

Like Japan? Or somewhere in the Pacific? Don't tell me they were Native Americans with Frankincense and Myrrh!

And we must be on different threads sometimes.

According to the Bible, we only know that there were three gifts. There might have only been 2 magi. The likelihood is that these men were wealthy and that likely there was a large caravan of them, but perhaps not so many that the magi could not all fit into the home of Mary and Joseph about 1 year after Jesus was born. Yes friends, the likelihood is that the family didn't set up a permanent residence in a stable. Were there only 3 magi ---- possibly? Does it matter? The gifts were important for what they reveal; however, like the shepherds ---- we have no proof of how many showed up.

And this brings us to another point. Herod called the chief priests & scribes when the magi presented themselves looking for the new born king. These learned men knew where Messiah was to be born... Did they go along ? They had the head knowledge; however, they had no heart knowledge. Remember, Israel had been in the dark for some 400 years when Christ was born.

Last edited:
God is too big and too complex for one religion to do the trick.
Heck, it takes more than a spouse to make a successful marriage.
How dare one condense the infinite to one text, one religion, or one person!
On the other hand, I enjoy attending an orthodox synagogue on Saturday and a Presbyterian Church on Sunday.
I feel as if I am approaching God from different angles.
Don Levit

Not if God authored/edited the text in question, or if indeed Jesus (who according to the scriptures emptied himself to take on human identity) is indeed the Son of God and in fact one with the Father, by means of the Holy Spirit. The Jew is the proof of GOD for many individuals. They have been attacked year after year, from one millennium to another --- all around the world. Why? Satan knows that if he could destroy the Jew he could prevent the fulfillment of the scriptures. The first being the advent of the Messiah, the second being the death/resurrection of Christ, and the third being His return to rule over the nation of Israel and the world for 1000 years. All other ancient nations have been absorbed, but not the Jew. The rightly Bible predicted this would be the reality.

That is an interpretation.

You do realize that Judaism does not consider Daniel a prophet: Daniel's words are found in the 'Writings' section, not among the 'Prophets' of the Hebrew Bible.

Forum List

Back