Disney admits it has suffered for its culture war

Disney is struggling….but is anyone beating them in their projected markets?

Marvel is tapped out….but are any other Super Hero franchises doing well?

Star Wars has been beaten to death. But has any other Science Fiction franchise stepped up to take its market?

Childrens films and franchises no longer pack them in. But who is beating Disney in the market?

I think movies, in general, suck and there are not many blockbusters out there.

Some of the finest work in the history of the company - if not THE finest - has been done in the last 10 years.

Disney will be fine.

As Disney tries to convert as many children into their woke cult, it appears they have suffered financially for it. This just shows that they are more interested in indoctrination than they are making money.

Disney suffered a 14% decrease in domestic advertising revenue due to fewer impressions.

Disney revealed that ESPN subscribers decreased by 7% from the previous year.

The company noted that costs of products have increased by 11% – in part due to inflation.

Walt Disney Company admitted that engaging in culture wars has inflicted major impacts across the board.

"We face risks relating to misalignment with public and consumer tastes and preferences for entertainment, travel and consumer products, which impact demand for our entertainment offerings and products and the profitability of any of our businesses," the SEC filing stated. "Our businesses create entertainment, travel and consumer products whose success depends substantially on consumer tastes and preferences that change in often unpredictable ways."

Disney said the "misalignment" with its consumers has impacted "broadcast, cable, theaters, internet or mobile technology, and used in theme park attractions, hotels and other resort facilities and travel experiences and consumer products."

Disney said its products are sometimes "introduced into a significantly different market or economic or social climate from the one we anticipated at the time of the investment decisions."

The entertainment conglomerate confessed that its environmental and social goals present "risks."

"Further, consumers’ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands," Disney admitted. "Consumer tastes and preferences impact, among other items, revenue from advertising sales (which are based in part on ratings for the programs in which advertisements air), affiliate fees, subscription fees, theatrical film receipts, the license of rights to other distributors, theme park admissions, hotel room charges and merchandise, food and beverage sales, sales of licensed consumer products or sales of our other consumer products and services."

Disney said its leisure business is affected by various factors, including health concerns and the political environment.
And as, "Disney admits culture wars inflicted major impacts across the board, warns investors that company's wokeness presents risks", they will continue with the stoopid agenda and drive their business into the ground.

If woke is killing Disney, why isn’t some other studio producing non-woke fare and kicking Disney’s ass?

If the market for the bigoted masses is so great, why isn’t anyone filling that market?

Beliefs aren’t forced. Sorry you don’t get it. I can tell by the way you inaccurately regurgitate these things that you are very confused
Before Left wing propaganda no one believed men could have babies

After Left wing propaganda, they have you believing anything they want.

You're a lemming.

As Disney tries to convert as many children into their woke cult, it appears they have suffered financially for it. This just shows that they are more interested in indoctrination than they are making money.

Disney suffered a 14% decrease in domestic advertising revenue due to fewer impressions.

The company noted that costs of products have increased by 11% – in part due to inflation.

Walt Disney Company admitted that engaging in culture wars has inflicted major impacts across the board.

"We face risks relating to misalignment with public and consumer tastes and preferences for entertainment, travel and consumer products, which impact demand for our entertainment offerings and products and the profitability of any of our businesses," the SEC filing stated. "Our businesses create entertainment, travel and consumer products whose success depends substantially on consumer tastes and preferences that change in often unpredictable ways."

Disney said the "misalignment" with its consumers has impacted "broadcast, cable, theaters, internet or mobile technology, and used in theme park attractions, hotels and other resort facilities and travel experiences and consumer products."

Disney said its products are sometimes "introduced into a significantly different market or economic or social climate from the one we anticipated at the time of the investment decisions."

The entertainment conglomerate confessed that its environmental and social goals present "risks."

"Further, consumers’ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands," Disney admitted. "Consumer tastes and preferences impact, among other items, revenue from advertising sales (which are based in part on ratings for the programs in which advertisements air), affiliate fees, subscription fees, theatrical film receipts, the license of rights to other distributors, theme park admissions, hotel room charges and merchandise, food and beverage sales, sales of licensed consumer products or sales of our other consumer products and services."

Disney said its leisure business is affected by various factors, including health concerns and the political environment.
The recent Disney betrayed the boomer generation who made them rich.

Their latest, Wish, just bombed at the box office over the weekend. Nobody expects Disney crap to be any good anymore.

I pay so little attention to most movies today I'd never even heard of it till now. But then again in general Hollywood just plain sucks and I don't care about 95% of new movies. The only one I'm interested in Tarantino's next movie.

Yet I'd heard of Thanksgiving and I went to see it. Despite being very disappointed with the movie I knew of it without knowing anything about a big Disney release. And hell thanksgiving only was at the theater 2 days.

I stuck my head in the Marvel's theater and only one person was in there and I think it was an employee taking a nap.

Until they have a couple years of 90s Disney quality I have no interest in giving them one cent. Wife and I wanted to go to Disney world since we never had been but we won't until they end all of their social agenda woke nonsense for at least 2 consecutive years

That's a bit of camouflage for the fact that Disney became involved in politics and that didn't sit right with people.

I pay so little attention to most movies today I'd never even heard of it till now. But then again in general Hollywood just plain sucks and I don't care about 95% of new movies

My wife and I used to go to the movies fairly frequently. Now, even when we feel like Dinner and a Movie, we rarely find a movie either of us wants to see.

It has nothing to do with woke…..just that movies suck in general. Blockbusters are few and far between. Movies that are nominated for Best Picture tend to be unwatchable.

Some other news sources have reported the same thing.

But will this admission be followed by a complete turn around in which Disney gives up the unacceptable sometimes perverse social engineering and goes back to providing non controversial, wholesome, enjoyable family entertainment? I'm not seeing reports that such is their intent.

Movies in general have become so 'politically correct' lately that they have lost much in the transition. Maybe it's because of 'woke' producers and directors that you don't get the great story lines, great acting, great directing that we find in movies of the 1950's through 90's and even a bit into the early 21st Century.

Now movies are mostly gratuitous sex, violence, profanity, special effects, thinly veiled social engineering, and 'creative' editing that destroys the flow of story telling. Very very few movies are being made that are worth the time to see these days. There are many hundreds of movies offered through Comcast Cable and maybe a dozen of those are something we enjoy seeing.

Last edited:
Some other news sources have reported the same thing.

But will this admission be followed by a complete turn around in which Disney gives up the unacceptable sometimes perverse social engineering and goes back to providing non controversial, wholesome, enjoyable family entertainment? I'm not seeing reports that such is their intent.

You mean things like Conservative outrage over a black “Little Mermaid”
Does Disney need to pander to bigots who will not tolerate a black person in a lead role?

If Woke is killing Disney, why isn’t their competition producing non-woke fare to appeal to bigots?
What competition are you talking about? Most of the studios seem to lean to woke. A film not woke and leaning closer to Christian values is shunned from Hollywood. It seems a certain percentage of films seem to be dark and promotes the worst of human traits. I know. We are a nation of many cultures and ways of living. It took some time to realize it. Then we went overboard the other way.

You mean things like Conservative outrage over a black “Little Mermaid”
Does Disney need to pander to bigots who will not tolerate a black person in a lead role?
Until you care to discuss what I posted instead of putting your own progressive insulting spin on it, please don't bother me. Okay?

Until you care to discuss what I posted instead of putting your own progressive insulting spin on it, please don't bother me. Okay?

I am discussing what you posted

“in which Disney gives up the unacceptable sometimes perverse social engineering and goes back to providing non controversial, wholesome, enjoyable family entertainment?”

The biggest “boycott” due to wokeness this summer was The Little Mermaid

Should Disney pander to those who can’t stand a black in a leading role?

Before Left wing propaganda no one believed men could have babies

After Left wing propaganda, they have you believing anything they want.

You're a lemming.
Still nobody believes biological men can have babies. A Trans man can. Wouldn’t you agree?

Cultural changes don’t come easy. Takes brave people choosing what right over profits. Same happened during integration and civil rights.

Thanks for pointing that out
Disney chose woke filth over wholesome family American centric entertainment as envisioned by Walt and now it is paying the price.

Still nobody believes biological men can have babies. A Trans man can. Wouldn’t you agree?
You stupid Moon Bats think that a man dressing up as a woman makes him a woman.

You idiot Moon Bats don't know any more about Biology than you know about Economics, History, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution.

Disney chose woke filth over wholesome family American centric entertainment as envisioned by Walt and now it is paying the price.
Think whatever you want. I’m sure many said the same thing when schools started integrating and allowing the blacks in.

Forum List

Back