Discrimination is a fundamental human right.

And we don't give up our rights simply because we're engaging in 'commerce'.

How about being like "me" - having your work place and civil rights violated.....as I STRONGLY believe. At times.....repeatedly.

Me being abused mentally and physically at my current workplace ; as I believe - for me to quit my job, being retaliated against, cause me to be overly stressed ( day after day after day of work and being forced to work many hours and repetitive overtime when my other co-workers did not have to work over ).....and many other reasons.

Me being separated / segregated at my job by my co-workers.

When you take report off from hourly people, the calls keep coming in and coming in...as long as you call you call the foreman and let them know after every call. But when you let the reports offs stack up; and call the department foremen just before the shift starts.....the report offs.....people that call to report off ; is greatly minimized. GEEZE how do you know you are under surveillance at "The Gate" ( Gate One ).

Women, like my past job ; sort of tease and flirt with mw at work, and those women are somewhat "Older" ( mid - late 50's , when I am :WAS: in my 30s in age ).

People like your last job, trying to get you to use marijuana at your current job.

"Older women" at the gym look at me like I am a steak sandwich - as is my intepretation. A repeat of my last job in a "Metropolitan Area".

"Older women" at work showing off their breast, wearing tight clothes and short skirts around, or near me.

Shadow 355

Well you should move to a country where that's allowed then. Like Iran or Sudan.

How about where I work ; where some people cannot keep / are not capable......of keeping a secret.

"SOME" People in Human Resources whom sanction the activity of supervisors...... where an employee(s) can be harassed physically ( through hours of difficult and/or very strenuous work ) , mentally and verbally. Where Human Resources sanctions harassing activity toward subordinate employees, and / or fails to reprimand supervisors for wrongful activity toward a subordinate.

Where some employees are singled out for harsher work environments than others. Where some employees have to work overtime....and other employees do not have to work overtime.

I get a long break every month - six days off in a row. I have had to work many days of my long break, while others were not required to work.

Previously my schedule was four days on and four days off, when I first started my job. On my four says off...I had to work. Sometimes it was 14 and 16 hour days.

THEN we went to the terrible "21 shift" and I still had to work over, many days were again - 14 and 16 hour days. Work, go home, get about 6 to 7 hours of sleep and go back to work again. MAYBE get forced to work past 12 hours.....and work another 14 or 16 hour shift, because the biggest and most common reason....was one of my co-workers coming in "On Shift" called off. I believe it as all a "ruse" to get one ( myself ) , or a few of us to quit our jobs. Work hard, work many hours of overtime, and work many days that you were supposed to be off.

Work where I do, and some people have terrible leadership ability and display poor responsibility.

Have a job where some leaders fail leadership skills, and have a serious neglect for subordinate personnel, their welfare and their morale ; like where I work and at times have to deal with.

Work where co-workers from all levels like to play mind games with you.....like they do me = monopolize your time - act juvenile - tell false stories about events, instances at your work place; and do their darndest to mislead you.

Work with people who go to great lengths to make your job harder, make your job more difficult and time consuming.....like they do me.

Work where people, as I believe - intentionally mislead you about your job - like where to go inside the plant, whom to see, false emails, fabricated emails, misleading emails, emails sent to you to make you scared and worried.

People whom manipulate the radio conversations ( radio traffic ) on the company land mobile radio ( UHF radio ). Dispatching ( and transmitting ) false information, false data, false / fabricated locations. It like their is two people.....with the same voice talking.

Deal with, like me.....radio conversations on the company land mobile radio that is false, misleading at times, and meant to dispatch you to the wrong location.

Shadow 355

If only it were true. History tells a different story.

That people need to be held accountable for their wrongful deeds and actions. That those whom do wrong, and those whom are malicious......need to pay for the terrible acts that they have committed ; especially when those wrongful and ill acts are towards others.

Shadow 355

It's been explained MANY times now. It isn't about the product; it is about discriminating against a group or groups of people. The law that was referenced deals directly with discrimination which is ILLEGAL. :)

So what you're saying is if the bakery doesn't carry the fixings to make product asked for they don't have to comply.. Otherwise the Muslims and Jews are discriminating against me because I like to eat pork and since I also like a good wine with my meal the Muslims are really discriminating against me.

*****SMILE*****

:)

That's right. If they don't have the equipment to make the product, then that would not fall under the anti discrimination laws. I also think that if they can prove that it would hurt their business (such as a request to make something that contained a hate slogan or something to that effect), then the business would also have a case to make. That is another story entirely though. You do NOT have any right, when conducting business, to discriminate against entire groups of people. The states realize that this makes for a hostile business environment and is just bad business practice. Pretty much the same thing as when black people weren't allowed in certain stores or places.

images

BTW... I do note that you've failed to address my question about the Muslim and Jewish bakeries being sued by the SSM crowd.

So long as the situation of only Christian bakeries being targeted my opinion on this subject is that the SSM crowd is no better than those they target when they cry discrimination.

*****SMILE*****

It works the same for everyone. Jewish and Muslim bakeries cannot legally discriminate against gay people either. Targeted? Well, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you don't really have to worry about that.

images

Which is a non-answer on your part and until some Muslim, Jewish, or other religion, bakeries are brought up on discrimination charges by the SSM crowd my view of the situation stands...

Those crying discrimination are no better than the ones they are accusing of discrimination.

*****SMILE*****

What do you mean "until"? Do you know that they haven't been? Anyways, the law would apply to them too. Apparently, you don't understand the law. The law states that you cannot discriminate against a person based on gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation. Okay? :)

So what you're saying is if the bakery doesn't carry the fixings to make product asked for they don't have to comply.. Otherwise the Muslims and Jews are discriminating against me because I like to eat pork and since I also like a good wine with my meal the Muslims are really discriminating against me.

*****SMILE*****

That's right. If they don't have the equipment to make the product, then that would not fall under the anti discrimination laws. I also think that if they can prove that it would hurt their business (such as a request to make something that contained a hate slogan or something to that effect), then the business would also have a case to make. That is another story entirely though. You do NOT have any right, when conducting business, to discriminate against entire groups of people. The states realize that this makes for a hostile business environment and is just bad business practice. Pretty much the same thing as when black people weren't allowed in certain stores or places.

images

BTW... I do note that you've failed to address my question about the Muslim and Jewish bakeries being sued by the SSM crowd.

So long as the situation of only Christian bakeries being targeted my opinion on this subject is that the SSM crowd is no better than those they target when they cry discrimination.

*****SMILE*****

It works the same for everyone. Jewish and Muslim bakeries cannot legally discriminate against gay people either. Targeted? Well, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you don't really have to worry about that.

images

Which is a non-answer on your part and until some Muslim, Jewish, or other religion, bakeries are brought up on discrimination charges by the SSM crowd my view of the situation stands...

Those crying discrimination are no better than the ones they are accusing of discrimination.

*****SMILE*****

What do you mean "until"? Do you know that they haven't been? Anyways, the law would apply to them too. Apparently, you don't understand the law. The law states that you cannot discriminate against a person based on gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation. Okay? :)

images

I find nothing on the web that indicates it has. You can provide verbal assurances that it does happen all you want and I won't believe you. Provide me links proving that it's happening or has happened. Otherwise yes UNTIL I see some law suits against bakeries of other religions happening the SSM crowd is no better than the people they say are discriminating against them. Oh!... I worked for the government for over twenty years. I don't trust them to do the right thing or not discriminate either so don't tell me about how the law protects. I'm sure the whistleblowers believed that crap.

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

I find nothing on the web that indicates it has. You can provide verbal assurances that it does happen all you want and I won't believe you. Provide me links proving that it's happening or has happened. Otherwise yes UNTIL I see some law suits against bakeries of other religions happening the SSM crowd is no better than the people they say are discriminating against them. Oh!... I worked for the government for over twenty years. I don't trust them to do the right thing or not discriminate either so don't tell me about how the law protects. I'm sure the whistleblowers believed that crap.

*****SMILE*****

The law is pretty clear. It's not based on who is doing the discriminating. Christians have been the first to fined because there are a lot more of them in the US. I see no reason the government would give Jewish or Muslim bakeries (or other businesses) a pass on this.

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

The law is pretty clear. It's not based on who is doing the discriminating. Christians have been the first to fined because there are a lot more of them in the US. I see no reason the government would give Jewish or Muslim bakeries (or other businesses) a pass on this.

images

I've made my stance on this issue quite clear.

You don't like the fact that I'm calling the progressives and SSM crowd discriminating then let's see some media coverage showing law suits against Muslim, Jewish, and other religion, bakeries that shows the law is being utilized in that respect. Don't tell me there aren't any bakeries of those sorts...

Let's see some links to those law suits of discrimination of other religions bakeries. Otherwise you're no better than the people you're saying discriminate against you.

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

You don't like the fact that I'm calling the progressives and SSM crowd discriminating then let's see some media coverage showing law suits against Muslim, Jewish, and other religion, bakeries that shows the law is being utilized in that respect. Don't tell me there aren't any bakeries of those sorts...

Let's see some links to those law suits of discrimination of other religions bakeries. Otherwise you're no better than the people you're saying discriminate against you.

*****SMILE*****

You don't know anything about me, so stow the personal nonsense. The fact of the matter is, there are far more Christians in the US than any other religions, so Christian bakers have been the first to fall victim to these laws. But it's ridiculous, and counter-productive, to imagine that this is an attack on Christians. It's an attack on bias against gays, particularly regarding gay marriage. If an atheist baker took a similar stand against gay marriage, I'm quite sure they'd be prosecuted as well. That fact that the handful of cases so far have involved Christians isn't indicative of any kind of orchestrated attack. It's an entirely predictable result of passing these kinds of laws.

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

You don't know anything about me, so stow the personal nonsense. The fact of the matter is, there are far more Christians in the US than any other religions, so Christian bakers have been the first to fall victim to these laws. But it's ridiculous, and counter-productive, to imagine that this is an attack on Christians. It's an attack on bias against gays, particularly regarding gay marriage. If an atheist baker took a similar stand against gay marriage, I'm quite sure they'd be prosecuted as well. That fact that the handful of cases so far have involved Christians isn't indicative of any kind of orchestrated attack. It's an entirely predictable result of passing these kinds of laws.

images

You don't know anything about me either but until I see some lawsuits proving otherwise that is my thoughts on the matter.

If you don't like it that really is to bad.

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

You don't know anything about me either but until I see some lawsuits proving otherwise that is my thoughts on the matter.

*****SMILE*****

Whether I like it is irrelevant. I'm interested in debating the ideas, not personal grudge matches.

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

Whether I like it is irrelevant. I'm interested in debating the ideas, not personal grudge matches.

images

And I want the right to eat pork chops, drink wine, and smoke a cigar, in any restaurant I go into and I want to do butt assed naked because whether you like or not is irrelevant.

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

He is right. Your argument is nothing but a silly strawman. Are you trying to convince people that the law only applies to Christian bakeries? Good lord, some of you people are just so stupid it amazes me.

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

You should learn proper English before tackling more complicated matters, I think.

images

*****SMILE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

images

And I want the right to eat pork chops, drink wine, and smoke a cigar, in any restaurant I go into and I want to do butt assed naked because whether you like or not is irrelevant.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Obviously you are ignorant and have a very POOR understanding of the laws. Please, don't ever open up a business.

Also, I've read a little more background of the "Sweet Cakes" case. Apparently the female co owner (the wife, Melissa I believe was her name), had actually been talking with one half of the lesbian for months about her upcoming wedding plans. Melissa was more than willing to make them a cake and they were actually acquaintances. It wasn't until the women came in and had to deal with the husband when problems began. HE apparently told them "nope, I won't bake a cake for lesbian/gay weddings." I guess Melissa went along with what her husband wanted instead of sticking to her original agreement. So yeah, this was NOT some kind of nefarious setup or "gotcha" game.

There is a huge difference between blacks not being allowed to sit with whites and a Christian couple refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple - no comparison.

There is a huge difference between blacks not being allowed to sit with whites and a Christian couple refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple - no comparison.

Again. Nice and slow this time. It has nothing to do with the product being supplied. It is about discriminating. You can refuse to make products. What you cannot do is say "I won't sell my product to gay people."

Agreed. Jim Crow laws are wrong and it's imperative that government treat everyone equal. But how we treat each other is entirely a matter of personal preference, and government should stay out of it.

Also, I've read a little more background of the "Sweet Cakes" case. Apparently the female co owner (the wife, Melissa I believe was her name), had actually been talking with one half of the lesbian for months about her upcoming wedding plans. Melissa was more than willing to make them a cake and they were actually acquaintances. It wasn't until the women came in and had to deal with the husband when problems began. HE apparently told them "nope, I won't bake a cake for lesbian/gay weddings." I guess Melissa went along with what her husband wanted instead of sticking to her original agreement. So yeah, this was NOT some kind of nefarious setup or "gotcha" game.

If the bakery had agreed to make the cake, and then reneged, the couple would have had a fairly straightforward case. I don't really know whether this was contrived to make a political point, or not, but in either case I don't see any point on whining about the state enforcing the law, or people taking advantage of it. If a law leads to injustice or loss of rights, the sooner we find out - and do something about it - the better.

If the bakery had agreed to make the cake, and then reneged, the couple would have had a fairly straightforward case. I don't really know whether this was contrived to make a political point, or not, but in either case I don't see any point on whining about the state enforcing the law, or people taking advantage of it. If a law leads to injustice or loss of rights, the sooner we find out - and do something about it - the better.

It's wrong to force people to go against their religious beliefs, especially when there are other options and it's not harmful or detrimental to anyone.

I'm so sick of the cry babies and people USING their "minority" status to abuse the system.
Sickening...

Forum List

Back