Disappointing partisanship from NRA CEO

Let's see I have no healthcare, no job, no pension, no 401k, no home, no prospects but I have my gun, hallelujah, 'my gun keep me warm and safe and

I have all those things plus an affirmed and incorporated right to bear arms in common usage as a lawful individual.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud-- I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. " In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

Heller V Dc is rule.

Gun rights are among the stupidest motivator of the dumb voter. No one is taking your gun, nor mommy's skirt for you to hide behind or obfuscate important issues. The odd coalition of the disturbed that make up the right wing in America represents why there is no hope for sanity among the insane. The least important thing in most people's lives is whether they are armed and dangerous. Let's see I have no healthcare, no job, no pension, no 401k, no home, no prospects but I have my gun, hallelujah, 'my gun keep me warm and safe and I'm gonna vote for Congressman Steal-em-Blind Buffoon cause I supports the NRA et al and they supports me gun. Congressman Buffoon hes on our side.'

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud-- I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. " In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

It is impossible to understand the current Second Amendment debate without lingering over Burger's words. Burger was a cautious person as well as a conservative judge, and the chief justice of the Supreme Court is unlikely to offer a controversial position on a constitutional question in an interview on national television."

The Most Mysterious Right | The New Republic

I've often said the problem with this debate is that BOTH sides are extreme.

It is an extreme position to want to take people's guns, but there are people out there who want to do just that. Sarah Brady, for instance. Ridiculous because you can't outlaw something when people are used to having it- guns, abortions, drugs, prostitution. The laws become utterly meaningless if no one obeys them.

The other side, the one that thinks we should all have guns to overthrow the government, is equally extreme. The government will always have more guns, better guns and people who are better trained to use them.

There should be a middle ground where we should be able to agree that there should be common sense rules on gun ownership, but otherwise law abiding citizens shouldn't be hassled by the government because they enjoy shooting, hunting or just feel a bit of false security having one in the nightstand.

The other side, the one that thinks we should all have guns to overthrow the government, is equally extreme. The government will always have more guns, better guns and people who are better trained to use them.

Yeah look at IRQ and AFG......the bowels of obsolescence.

Mission Accomplished.

I've always been a supporter of the NRA's cause, which as I understand it, is defending the 2nd Amendment. But this speech from Wayne LaPierre indicates that defending the 2nd Amendment has taken a back seat to supporting the GOP. That's very disappointing to me.

Sure, I know some of you will immediately dismiss this because it was run on the Daily Show, but the facts speak for themselves.

Wayne's World - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 09/29/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
i thought the NRA was tax exempt/non profit like churches, therefore it limits their political speak regarding the support for one party? they can support a political cause but not a political party or candidate....or something like that?

The NRA is several organizations. One of them is the NRA PAC, which is not tax exempt.

The NRA is an Evil Lobby Group for the Republican Party. We must stop them from purchasing America one election at a time.

So you'll agree that we should stop the AFL-CIO, the SEIU, and the NEA too right? We don't want them purchasing America one election at a time, after all.

I don't want to put an end to any of these organizations, including the NRA, but I do want ALL of them to stop buying politicians. The only thing politicians should be worrying about is earning MY VOTE, not how much money lobbying firms or special interest groups are handing out.

There is a simple solution...

It's Time to GET MONEY OUT of politics

The NRA is an Evil Lobby Group for the Republican Party. We must stop them from purchasing America one election at a time.

So you'll agree that we should stop the AFL-CIO, the SEIU, and the NEA too right? We don't want them purchasing America one election at a time, after all.

I don't want to put an end to any of these organizations, including the NRA, but I do want ALL of them to stop buying politicians. The only thing politicians should be worrying about is earning MY VOTE, not how much money lobbying firms or special interest groups are handing out.

<sigh> another misinformed voter. How sad.
Lobbying orgs do not buy politicians. They support politiicans whose views generally accord with their own. This was shown in the book Freedomomics, that pols not facing re-election continue to support the same causes they did when they were up for re-election.
There is no getting the money out of politiics. That is naive and stupid. Like you.

Lobbying orgs do not buy politicians. They support politiicans whose views generally accord with their own. This was shown in the book Freedomomics, that pols not facing re-election continue to support the same causes they did when they were up for re-election.
There is no getting the money out of politiics. That is naive and stupid. Like you.

Fox has brainwashed you well...

Boehner Hands Out Lobbyist Checks on House floor for subsidy vote

Thanks for the neg rep, coward.

Neg rep? Thats chicken shit. Im out at the moment but I will reimburse.

You deserve to be neg repped off this site, ignoramus. You think other lobbies don't do similar things? You think the Trial Lawyers association hands out lollipops?
I'm OK with the whole thing because trial lawyers are citizens too and entitled to petition their representatives. So are tobacco growers.
You want to take freedom away from everyone.

You deserve to be neg repped off this site, ignoramus. You think other lobbies don't do similar things? You think the Trial Lawyers association hands out lollipops?
I'm OK with the whole thing because trial lawyers are citizens too and entitled to petition their representatives. So are tobacco growers.

Hey pal............. SHE SAID SHE WANTED TO GET THE INFLUENCE MONEY OUT OF POLITICS.

And your playing some game that it has never happened. WTF?

Hey pal............. SHE SAID SHE WANTED TO GET THE INFLUENCE MONEY OUT OF POLITICS.

Do you honestly think that is possible? Even desireable? What would you replace it with? Unicorn farts?

Do you honestly think that is possible? Even desireable? What would you replace it with? Unicorn farts?

Do I think it is possible? Not currently. Income tax at one time was not possible either.

Then something called an amendment took place.. MY MY

Money isn't speech...speech is speech. I don't want ANYONE buying our legislators. I want ALL THE MONEY out of our political system. No unions, no lobbyists, nobody gets to buy my representative. Why is that so difficult a concept for you to grasp? This dialing for dollars bullshit has to stop.

Draft Constitutional Amendment:

"No person, corporation or business entity of any type, domestic or foreign, shall be allowed to contribute money, directly or indirectly, to any candidate for Federal office or to contribute money on behalf of or opposed to any type of campaign for Federal office. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, campaign contributions to candidates for Federal office shall not constitute speech of any kind as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution or any amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Congress shall set forth a federal holiday for the purposes of voting for candidates for Federal office."​

WHAT!!?? So now you're going to tell me that a local cop can bust down your door and search you and your house and it would NOT be a violation of your constitutional rights? :lol: :cuckoo:

And that when the ACLU sued (or threatened suit) against schools for violating the students rights to free speech and practing their religion? :confused:

ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression | American Civil Liberties Union

Simply put......The Bill of Rights does NOT apply only to the federal government. ALL governments must comply with constitutional laws.

No, the cop would need a warrant...which of course has NOTHING to do with the point at hand. We were talking about federal oversight of schools and the 2nd amendment. I understand that states must comply with the federal constitution, especially when the amendments have been incorporated but bringing up cops busting down doors is red herring. You were simply wrong with the "ok, let's explore that" examples you brought up. were

The reason the cop needs a WARRANT is to protect the person's Constitutional Rights which as EVERYTHING to do with the point at hand.

"Amendments have been incorporated"?????? What do you mean incorporated? There is no "incorporation" if you're implying that the states have a choice in following them.

So again I ask......

Children are entitled to the same Bill of Rights as everyone else. Does that mean preventing a 6 year old child from taking a loaded gun to school is an infringement?

Felons, once their sentence is complete, have their rights restored to them. Does that mean laws preventing them from carrying a gun is an infringement?

I already answered your question and if you don't know what incorporation is all about, you've got some studying to do. Good luck with that.

Question: If no person or corporation can spend money on elections, how will elections be funded?

Answer: we do not attempt in this amendment to determine how federal campaigns will be funded post-passage. Instead, we cut off the Supreme Court&#8217;s ability to strike down previous attempts to reign in campaign fundraising abuses by taking away the argument that money is speech as interpreted from the First Amendment by the high Court. A likely scenario would be that Congress would establish a federal campaign fund to finance elections. For example, a presidential campaign fund already exists. There are myriad ways to establish and stock such a fund many of which do not cost the taxpayer a single dime. This could include auctioning the airwaves among other things. In the end though we aren&#8217;t trying to tell Congress what it should do once it &#8220;sobers up&#8221;. Instead, we are simply attempting to get Congress off of its addiction to money.

Get the Money Out FAQ

I don't know that libs are against guns as much as they are pro violent criminal. The criminal is sick, he deserves sympathy and understanding. The criminal gives them something to do. They can "help with the cure".

I don't know that libs are against guns as much as they are pro violent criminal. The criminal is sick, he deserves sympathy and understanding. The criminal gives them something to do. They can "help with the cure".

Actually...as a liberal I believe in fixing the problem before it becomes a problem. Do you know what the best way to lower crime is? It's not more police. It's not endless incarceration. Care to venture a guess?

And some criminals are sick. Do you really think the serial killer is normal? That doesn't mean they deserve "sympathy", but I do support the idea of understanding. How do you prevent something from happening again if you don't know WHY it happened in the first place?

Do I think it is possible? Not currently. Income tax at one time was not possible either.

Then something called an amendment took place.. MY MY

Really? What would the amendment say? There shall be no more money in the United States?
Do you actually think these things through before posting them? Because Seabytch sure doesnt.

There is a lot more to our RIGHT to keep bear arms then just the second amendment, do some research.

Forum List

Back