DirecTV is Dropping OANN

I dropped DirecTV because I was sick of new signal when it fucking rains. My new service does carry OANN. I’ve viewed it a few times. It isn’t all that special anyway.

I heard DirecTV may merge with Dish. That could easily add several viewers.
Being that DirecTV and ATT merged some time ago, and are still managed by the same equity company, the FTC would likely block a merger between Dish and DirecTV, to prevent a monopoly.

It hardly matters. Their service sucks when you have high clouds. I expect them to go out of business no matter what.
I don't care for ANY cable company. They all are terrible IMO, which is why I am using IPTV now.

But for people that still have even a basic subscription, a monopoly between three companies would possibly drive prices even higher.

Someone does not have to be in government to be a Nazi

And that applies to progressives under hitler as well as modern progressives
Also wrong.

Only government has the authority to silence political opposition through force of law.

Private companies have no such authority, they can only edit their own content.

OAN remains free to spread their rightwing misinformation and lies via other providers.

I don't care for ANY cable company. They all are terrible IMO, which is why I am using IPTV now.

But for people that still have even a basic subscription, a monopoly between three companies would possibly drive prices even higher.
I doubt it. Just like the market eventually killed off the video stores, I imagine that the market will kill off the overpriced cable type providers. (Like your use of IPTV. )

These dolts will kill their own golden goose.

I doubt it. Just like the market eventually killed off the video stores, I imagine that the market will kill off the overpriced cable type providers. (Like your use of IPTV. )

These dolts will kill their own golden goose.
Could be.Time will tell. It wouldn't bother me a bit.

Also wrong.

Only government has the authority to silence political opposition through force of law.

Private companies have no such authority, they can only edit their own content.

OAN remains free to spread their rightwing misinformation and lies via other providers.
You are hiding behind law when its the liberal attempt to silence opposition whenever and wherever they can that is the topic here

U.S. President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on social media companies on Thursday, White House officials said after Trump threatened to shut down websites he accused of stifling conservative voices.

Separately, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington on Wednesday upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit by a conservative group and right-wing YouTube personality against Google, Facebook, Twitter and Apple accusing them of conspiring to suppress conservative political views.

Republican and Democratic lawmakers, along with the U.S. Justice Department, have been considering changes to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, a federal law largely exempting online platforms from legal liability for the material their users post. Such changes could expose tech companies to more lawsuits.

Republican Senator Josh Hawley, a frequent critic of Big Tech companies, sent a letter to Dorsey asking why Twitter should continue to receive legal immunity after “choosing to editorialize on President Trump’s tweets.”

Trump and his cult want to force companies to publish their propaganda.

Bloomberg reported late Friday that DirecTV has informed OANN's owner, Herring Networks Inc., that it intends to "stop carrying the company's two channels when their contract expires" in early April

There’s always that new Trump site I hear they’re starting.

Bloomberg reported late Friday that DirecTV has informed OANN's owner, Herring Networks Inc., that it intends to "stop carrying the company's two channels when their contract expires" in early April

…and how long before we hear charges of Deep State censorship?

Nazis gotta nots.

Forum List

Back