Did your gun make the list?

My 1949 single rock sling shot didn't make it. By the way...how do kids make a sling shot today when there are hardly any inner tubes?
I remember my old 'wrist rocket' made with constriction rubber tubes.
Rubberbands, these days break too easy
:D

I guess its an ok list, as long as you are only looking for a concealed carry semi-auto.

Only one revolver in the entire lot, and it is a Taurus Judge?? I mean, I like the Judge just fine. But the .410 from that short bbl has a very limited range, and the .45LC from the Judge is not the most accurate.

My favorite is the Boarding Party gun.

gotham-city-impostors-boarding-party.png

A fire and forget-it self-targeting launcher that fires Parrots that latch onto your face screaming "Gotcher nose Gotcher nose" blinding you till someone can finish you off.

My 1949 single rock sling shot didn't make it. By the way...how do kids make a sling shot today when there are hardly any inner tubes?
Surgical tubing.

Ever had a Wrist-rocket?

Never had one...never heard of one until now.
Looked 'em up. I was way too old to have one of those. Factory made sling shot.
Highly effective, powerful factory made sling shot.

You want nostalgia, or a kick-ass sling-shot?

I favour my K-22 S&W, and sub-sonic .22 LR, myself.

I tend to buy the best stuff and not worry about the price but I have a bunch of Glocks and I agree that the M&P is a top pistol-indeed I think its the best plastic pistol going-I prefer it to the much more expensive HK P30

but you want to know what is the best pistol for the money

Its the Turkish made Canik TP9SA. now the double action version has a trigger from hell but this is far better. I live about 10 minutes from AIM so I drove up there and bought one a month or so ago. One of the guys who shoots with me bought his wife one and she has put about a thousand rounds through it-Russian Steel cased wolf, stuff, well known "remanufactured stuff" and my competition reloads (124 grain "black bullet" lead projectile with titegroup powder) with no problems. The fact that the magazines are MecGar is helpful

340-comes with two mags, and a holster with two types of attachments

Century Arms Canik TP9SA 9mm Handgun

I couldn't handle all the pop up ads, so quit after a couple of pages. I'll make a list of some good deals i'm familiar with.

1. I've got a canik, & it is a fine semi auto pistol. Mine is the cz clone, & it is steel, heavy, & big. Its a great shooter, but not a CC piece.
2. I like the Grand Power, too.. another croatian made semi auto, plastic, but a good shooter. I found one for $300.
3. For not much more, the S&W M&P 9mm full size is tough to beat. I've seen them in the low $400s lately.
4. Glock. If you look, you can find them under 500. the 19 is maybe the best all purpose semi auto 9 out there.
5. 1911s. Since their list had big pistols like the taurus 92, why not get a RIA or ATI 1911? You can find them under $400.
6. Sccy. 9mm, 11+1, i've seen them for $220. Small enough to carry, surprisingly well made & reliable. US made.
7. S&W revolver. You can find some decent police trades for under $300. Classic, reliable, effective, accurate. No brass flung all over, either.
8. EAA Windicator. A heavy, but well made (german) snubbie in 357/38spl. Under $300 on sale.
9. There are a lot of other options.. kahr, XD, ruger, taurus, & many other makers have low end pistols that are fine. Most are in the $500 or under range.

But a judge? For a SD pistol? They're ok. I have one, but it is way to big to CC, & too few shots for home defense. I'd rather have the eaa revolver with 6 357, & a 12 ga for HD. I like the 410 round, but IMO, a regular pistol caliber is better for all purpose shooting. Someone that doesn't have a gun, & wants to get one for self defense should consider the smith M&P 9.. one of the best bangs for the buck out there, & US made. 17+1, reliable, small enough to carry, big enough to handle. Or, if you want a bigger pistol in a more powerful caliber, one of the inexpensive 1911s out there are good options.

I tend to buy the best stuff and not worry about the price but I have a bunch of Glocks and I agree that the M&P is a top pistol-indeed I think its the best plastic pistol going-I prefer it to the much more expensive HK P30

but you want to know what is the best pistol for the money

Its the Turkish made Canik TP9SA. now the double action version has a trigger from hell but this is far better. I live about 10 minutes from AIM so I drove up there and bought one a month or so ago. One of the guys who shoots with me bought his wife one and she has put about a thousand rounds through it-Russian Steel cased wolf, stuff, well known "remanufactured stuff" and my competition reloads (124 grain "black bullet" lead projectile with titegroup powder) with no problems. The fact that the magazines are MecGar is helpful

340-comes with two mags, and a holster with two types of attachments

Century Arms Canik TP9SA 9mm Handgun
I've had the s-100 for a couple of years. It is a nice pistol, & very accurate & reliable. It is steel, & heavy, but easy to shoot. It is a cz-75 clone, & can take some accessories like grips & mags. It is double/single action, & has a decent double trigger, imo. I don't carry cocked & locked, so i like a double trigger, anyway. And of course, subsequent shots are single action.

Definitely agree about the M&P 9.

I have managed to avoid the 380 & 40 calibers.. i reload too many already, & have to draw the line somewhere. :) I've got 9mm & 45 to cover those calibers. I tend to favor the 357/38spl the most.. so that is my 'tweener' if i need it.

I've been carrying either the ruger lcr in 9mm, or the sccy auto. I don't carry all the time, but when i do, it is usually one of these. I probably like shooting revolvers more, since i don't have to pick up the brass, & i've just shot them more, over the years. But i'm starting to get more semi autos than revolvers. They are really good, now, & have much better capacity.

Forum List

Back