Did you watch the Trump Focus group and what Trump voters said about him?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump voters vent frustrations with president

The voters used words to describe Trump that included “dishonest,” “narcissistic,” “off-the-scale,” “an abject disappointment,” “contemptible” and “unbelievable.”

Out of the 12 participants, five cast a vote for Trump in last year’s presidential election. Each participant who backed Trump spoke of worries about the president’s inability to break the gridlock in Washington, D.C.

Trump Voters Growing Impatient With the President, Focus Group Reveals

“He has no social skills,” said Bart Morgan, an independent who voted for Ms. Stein. “It’s almost like he never was taught the right way to act.”

--------

I liked this part right here:

Robert S. Mueller III — the special counsel investigating possible obstruction of justice by Mr. Trump when he fired the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey — was associated with these terms: “serious”; “hurry up”; and “hate to have his job.”

Four people said of him, “Don’t know.”

-------

All four were Trump supporters. No idea who Mueller is. Oh boy are they going to be surprised,

And I liked, he's not racist but he feeds off racial division. Oh he's racist all right.

For someone who claims to not like Trump you sure hang on his every word. Kinda like how you claim to hate Fox News but watch more of it than I do.

I didn't see it. Why don't you distort it for Me. I'm kind of busy.

For someone who claims to not like Trump you sure hang on his every word. Kinda like how you claim to hate Fox News but watch more of it than I do.

Ha! Attack the messenger when you can't attack the message. Coward. Fucking coward.
I ALWAYS attack RDerp in his threads. I haven't read any of his content in years. Dudes a full blown wackjob.

The voters used words to describe Trump that included “dishonest,” “narcissistic,” “off-the-scale,” “an abject disappointment,” “contemptible” and “unbelievable.”

Out of the 12 participants, five cast a vote for Trump in last year’s presidential election. Each participant who backed Trump spoke of worries about the president’s inability to break the gridlock in Washington, D.C.

“He has no social skills,” said Bart Morgan, an independent who voted for Ms. Stein. “It’s almost like he never was taught the right way to act.”

--------

Robert S. Mueller III — the special counsel investigating possible obstruction of justice by Mr. Trump when he fired the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey — was associated with these terms: “serious”; “hurry up”; and “hate to have his job.”

-------

All four were Trump supporters. No idea who Mueller is. Oh boy are they going to be surprised,

And I liked, he's not racist but he feeds off racial division. Oh he's racist all right.

I caught glimpses of this but didn't catch the part where they didn't know who Rob't Mueller was. Freaky. Stupid freaks. I guess Fox, Breitbart and Alex Jones are all mum about Mueller.

I was just thinking that. I don't bother to follow Trump at all. But then, I don't need government to make Me happy, so......

Ha! Attack the messenger when you can't attack the message. Coward. Fucking coward.
I ALWAYS attack RDerp in his threads. I haven't read any of his content in years. Dudes a full blown wackjob.

Coward. Information and facts are over your head. Got it.

--------

-------

There's a LOT of people in the U.S. who regret voting for this dirty diapered man-boy. But it's going to be a long time, if ever, that they will admit it.

Lol

Okay? You feel better now? Need a binkie?

Lol

It's fun to watch you roll over and pee yourself like a puppy.

Lol

It's fun to watch you roll over and pee yourself like a puppy.
Not as fun as watching your failed attempts at adult humor. :badgrin:

“What everybody said, either directly or indirectly, was that his presidency is about him and it’s not about us.

The quote above is the shared sentiment from the focus group members -- Trumpkins and non-Trumpkins.
Exactly what Trump's Sec of State said.

In an appropriate context, that's what a SecState is supposed to say. It kinda goes with the boss-subordinate thing, especially with a very charismatically visionary boss like Trump is. Thus, I view Tillerson's having said that through that lens and I evaluate Trump (to the extent possible given that I don't know him) through that same lens.

Why? Because I'm a charismatically visionary boss, too. [1] When I was the Managing Partner of my firm (before selling the firm), especially when we first began our journey, it was all about executing my vision for what the firm would do, be, and become. Later in the journey, it became about what we, my partners and I, wanted. It had to be because that's what made us a team rather than just folks in business together.

Yes, I was technically "the boss," but I gradually let go of the "me-I" and embraced "we." That's what one must do when works with peers, one treats them like peers to allow them to put their stamp on things, which in turn makes them become more invested in the endeavor. That leads to nothing but success. Quite simply, great performers who can "be" anywhere have to be allowed that freedom.

Someday I may share how I learned to "let go" of the functional authoritative and "I-me" leadership style. What's relevant for now, however, is to mention that the next challenge was to allow the "we" model to flow into the how I and my partners related to and developed the staff we hired.

Although I don't take too much -- positive or negative re: Trump -- by Tillerson having made that remark, it's a different matter when the people being led say it. When the people one is charged with leading say things like they, it's a clear sign one is "losing" them. It doesn't at all mean they've been lost; it means it won't take much to lose them. They're running out of patience.

Leaders can make almost any kind of mistake. The one they cannot make is the mistake of losing people's trust. Trump lost my trust a long time ago...sometime in 2015. Trumpkins, on the other hand have trusted that he was working on their behalf. They're slowly beginning to question their trust in him, enough that some of them are willing to aloud say so. That's not good for Trump and it's not good for the country.

What I haven't settled on is:
  1. Whether Trump will see it -- With his marketing savvy, he should, but he may not...we know he's given to using a variety of techniques for insulating himself from whatever displeases him. He no apparent forbearance for constructive criticism.
  2. How Trump'll respond if he sees it -- I have no idea how he'll manage the solution. Will he be audacious? Perspicacious? Chary? Sapient? Politic? Venturesome?
I have no effing idea, which, of course, is part of the problem. Nonetheless, I can make a plausible case for any and all of what he may recognize and ways he might respond, but I wouldn't put a dime on any of them. The prime reason I won't is because I find it really hard to believe that a man, even a mediocre performer like Trump, can reach is age in life and truly be character he presents to the world. I know one can be just that, but I am still awestruck to see and reticent to believe such a person can indeed be so and as such effectively dupe substantively half the electorate. To my mind, for that to be so, there must be "20 kinds of wrong" with the American people, and yet I know that isn't impossible and it is daily, bit by bit looking more and more like it is so.

Note:
  1. I'm still charismatic, but not nearly so visionary. My time as a consultant is substantively done. The only reason I'm not fully retired is because I want to see completed the few projects I have ongoing and the clients asked me stay on, even doing so in a far less active way than I would have before. I take no new engagements and I don't actively champion firm innovation initiatives. At best I contribute where/when asked, but take no lead roles in that regard. I've got just enough to do to keep me from developing "short timer's syndrome." LOL

You can say that again.

Forum List

Back