Did you ever play "Cowboys & Indians" as a child?

It was really why sports teams would use the Indian as a symbol. It was recognition of a fierce warrior ready to do battle.

Great post, especially this part.

In California, there were high schools on native-American reservations that, through voting, decided that their school nickname would be "The Redskins". Then, years later, white liberals came along and dictated to them that they were no longer permitted to use those names.

Liberalism is fascism.

It was really why sports teams would use the Indian as a symbol. It was recognition of a fierce warrior ready to do battle.

Great post, especially this part.

In California, there were high schools on native-American reservations that, through voting, decided that their school nickname would be "The Redskins". Then, years later, white liberals came along and dictated to them that they were no longer permitted to use those names.

Liberalism is fascism.

They tried that with the NFL team too, and were told to fuck off.

By Native Americans. :auiqs.jpg:

The problem was the mocking of Indians and their culture

Hopping around, patting your mouth and going...Woo Woo Woo
Is not honoring them
You must be one depressing pos to be around.

LEfttarded cultural marxist have ruined everything
From corporate america to government, to public schools, to colleges, to art , food ,music ,dance , comedy , whole city's

They suck

Is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

1465402578_eb3715ea9b_z.jpg

The problem was the mocking of Indians and their culture

Hopping around, patting your mouth and going...Woo Woo Woo
Is not honoring them
You must be one depressing pos to be around.

LEfttarded cultural marxist have ruined everything
From corporate america to government, to public schools, to colleges, to art , food ,music ,dance , comedy , whole city's

They suck

Lefturds HAVE ruined everything indeed.....what worms they are

But I will not let them.:04:

I'm a white American and, as a kid, myself and other neighborhood children like to play "Cowboys & Indians". We lived in the country, right next to a forest, which was a GREAT place to grow up with lots of room to play, hunt, fish, swim, etc. Anyway, we actually had toy, Indian headdresses with feathers, toy tomahawks and bows and arrows with harmless, plastic arrows, except for getting poked in the eye ;), of course.

Each of us wanted to be an "Indian" and we had to take turns being the boring Cowboys. Why did we like being the Indians? Because they were cool! In our minds, they were like stealthy ninjas that could easily and quickly glide through the forest without making a sound. But when they wanted, they could whistle to one another like a bird. Also, they used bows and arrows, which were also cool. Then, their feathers and "war paint" was also really neat. For us, they were great warriors and we all wanted to be one of those, lol.

Times have changed.

Now, any non-native American person that would dress up as an "Indian" would be accused of "cultural appropriation" and branded a racist.

Liberalism destroys everything, including "Cowboys & Indians".

Since neither "cowboys" nor "Indians" existed in the world around us, no we didn't. We played something called "baseball". And when summer was over we played "football". And in between either of those we played "basketball".

Today I play "explain the non sequitur in your last sentence". It's a boring game, because I always win.

Is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?

1465402578_eb3715ea9b_z.jpg

Yes, it is. Native-Americans were admired for their ability to thrive off of the land while European settlers were starving and freezing to death and dying of disease.

Since neither "cowboys" nor "Indians" existed in the world around us, no we didn't.

Do you believe that there is something wrong with little children playing "cowboys and indians"? I suspect many of us played it because we grew up watching Lone Ranger and a lot of westerns. Kids today have little exposure to such things.

Since neither "cowboys" nor "Indians" existed in the world around us, no we didn't.

Do you believe that there is something wrong with little children playing "cowboys and indians"? I suspect many of us played it because we grew up watching Lone Ranger and a lot of westerns. Kids today have little exposure to such things.

No I don't, and I found "westerns" unspeakably boring. Never watched 'em.

But here in the present, you can't explain how you make the leap from "Indians" to "Liberalism". Because it can't be done. Not to even mention your flailing attempt to tie Liberalism and Fascism, two polar opposites, together.

My kid wanted to be a Fremen for awhile, but that's another story.

I Always wanted to be the Indian.
It was the notion of the rebellious warrior facing overwhelming odds. Always kinda rooted for the Indian in the old movies.

Except for the Cleveland Indians cheesy mascot that is.

Now the butthurt crowd claims it was all out of privilege and racism.

Of course now you can't even pretend to shoot either.

Being a kid now would suck.
Even as a child, I was repulsed by Chief Wahoo

Remember that young white girl that wore an Asian style dress to prom? Got accused of cultural appropriation and racism. It's a load of shit.
But, if we are going to be a bunch of pansy asses, we need to be consistent pansy asses.
Colored people can no longer drive gas cars, wear blue jeans, watch TV, use a phone or eat KFC
All made by white people.
These things are our culture.
Now stop using them, racists!

I'm a white American and, as a kid, myself and other neighborhood children like to play "Cowboys & Indians". We lived in the country, right next to a forest, which was a GREAT place to grow up with lots of room to play, hunt, fish, swim, etc. Anyway, we actually had toy, Indian headdresses with feathers, toy tomahawks and bows and arrows with harmless, plastic arrows, except for getting poked in the eye ;), of course.

Each of us wanted to be an "Indian" and we had to take turns being the boring Cowboys. Why did we like being the Indians? Because they were cool! In our minds, they were like stealthy ninjas that could easily and quickly glide through the forest without making a sound. But when they wanted, they could whistle to one another like a bird. Also, they used bows and arrows, which were also cool. Then, their feathers and "war paint" was also really neat. For us, they were great warriors and we all wanted to be one of those, lol.

Times have changed.

Now, any non-native American person that would dress up as an "Indian" would be accused of "cultural appropriation" and branded a racist.

Liberalism destroys everything, including "Cowboys & Indians".
When we weren’t playing Cowboys & Indians we were busy playing Cops & Robbers! But somehow we all turned out okay in life.

Forum List

Back