Did Putin’s statement mean he will nuke nations that interfere with Ukraine war?

Once a launch is detected protocols become involved.

My grandfather commanded a nuke silo

Of which I have no doubt.

Again, us responding isn't the issue, him thinking we won't respond is the issue.

Or he somehow takes out NMCC (national military command and control) and gets the first strike the theorists have always called impossible.

Again, us responding isn't the issue, him thinking we won't respond is the issue.

Or he somehow takes out NMCC (national military command and control) and gets the first strike the theorists have always called impossible.

Well you may be right with the dementia ridden jackass as CiC

Maybe Japan should step up then :lol:
Ok.. sorry sorry
What the fuck!

I swear you even out do me!

KYIV, Ukraine — Russian troops launched a wide-ranging attack on Ukraine on Thursday, as President Vladimir Putin cast aside international condemnation and sanctions and warned other countries that any attempt to interfere would lead to “consequences you have never seen.”

That means NUKES to me.
Truthfully I believe a nuclear attack is an option but I believe he will commit to cyber warfare and terrorism before using the last option, but I have warned you guys this man is not playing!

Putin's brass but not stupid. Mutually assured destruction
What if he nukes San Francisco or any other place where real Americans don't live??

I mean, I can see Laura Ingraham finding a way to justify it by saying "Putin nukes San Francisco to own the libs" -- I think that can work

I do not believe that Putin is talking about using nukes, but what if he closes off the oil pipelines to Europe? Winter is almost over but what about next winter? What happens to the price of oil, world-wide? Currently, the global economy is shaky IMHO, what happens economically if the price of oil dramatically rises? Transporting and shipping costs would be astronomical, no?

KYIV, Ukraine — Russian troops launched a wide-ranging attack on Ukraine on Thursday, as President Vladimir Putin cast aside international condemnation and sanctions and warned other countries that any attempt to interfere would lead to “consequences you have never seen.”

That means NUKES to me.

Yes, it did. In a previous sentence in the very same speech he reminded the world that they are one of the leading nuclear powers in the world. I hope it doesn't but this could really be the beginning of a nuclear world war.

As Albert Einstein said:

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”​

It's not just him thinking we won't respond, it's him knowing Biden is too weak to respond.

The one downfall of MAD as a strategy to prevent nuclear war is both sides have to not be fools, or insane.
That is generally true though and it is certainly true in this case. Putin is neither a fool or insane.

A nuclear attack would have, quite literally, zero positive impact for any metric whatsoever for Putin. Putin did not become a dictator of a major nation by being a moron or playing the short game.

He is intelligent and skilled.

In the long run, this invasion will prove to be Putin's biggest blunder. Ukrainians will never accept a Russian imposed government.

Any occupation or Russian imposed government will face a never ending rebellion in the Ukraine. That, combined with sanctions, will eventually turn the tide against Putin in Russia.

All we need to do is to be patient.

I'm not sure he was talking about nuclear weapons in that particular speech, but he did openly threaten to use them first in at least two other speeches.

Don't worry about Putin's nuke statement.

Admiral Freakazoid is on the job.

1645743049206.png

That is generally true though and it is certainly true in this case. Putin is neither a fool or insane.

A nuclear attack would have, quite literally, zero positive impact for any metric whatsoever for Putin. Putin did not become a dictator of a major nation by being a moron or playing the short game.

He is intelligent and skilled.

He may think like a Russian, Kill 100 million of us, we kill all of you, and we win.

Yamamoto was intelligent and skilled, and he still couldn't make Pearl Harbor work.

I do not believe that Putin is talking about using nukes, but what if he closes off the oil pipelines to Europe? Winter is almost over but what about next winter? What happens to the price of oil, world-wide? Currently, the global economy is shaky IMHO, what happens economically if the price of oil dramatically rises? Transporting and shipping costs would be astronomical, no?
If the rest of the world interferes, Putin won't be around....so who cares what he does....he'll be sweeping dead leaves in Red Square...

He may think like a Russian, Kill 100 million of us, we kill all of you, and we win.

Yamamoto was intelligent and skilled, and he still couldn't make Pearl Harbor work.
Apples and oranges.

Pearl Harbor was a strategic maneuver that had a chance of gaining them dominance in the Pacific. It failed, yes, but that does not mean said failure was inevitable.

OTOH, a nuclear strike is a guaranteed failure, period. The only thing that would guarantee is a retaliatory strike. Russia can not withstand the world coming down on it and that is a simple fact knows by everyone.

Apples and oranges.

Pearl Harbor was a strategic maneuver that had a chance of gaining them dominance in the Pacific. It failed, yes, but that does not mean said failure was inevitable.

OTOH, a nuclear strike is a guaranteed failure, period. The only thing that would guarantee is a retaliatory strike. Russia can not withstand the world coming down on it and that is a simple fact knows by everyone.

Assuming the other guy thinks like we do is the first mistake made in international politics.

Forum List

Back