Did Pelosi give up a 2nd $1200 stimulus check when she refused to back off $600/mo in UI and aid to States?

My family needs the UI supplement extension. Pelosi got punked because no one could have expected Trump to claim he could use EOs to do what he claimed. But she denied Trump being able to claim he saved anything. People are going to suffer for 6-7 weeks, but … It's always some positive if Trump lies to people and gets caught in the lie

My family needs the UI supplement extension. Pelosi got punked because no one could have expected Trump to claim he could use EOs to do what he claimed. But she denied Trump being able to claim he saved anything. People are going to suffer for 6-7 weeks, but … It's always some positive if Trump lies to people and gets caught in the lie
what kind of pork was in pelosis bill?...

first of all, most "need" is qualified.

My largest objection to the dems' position is "untethered" aid to states. I'm all for bipartisan agreement in helping states get past recession budget deficits in Medicaid matches, special education matches, and supplementing UI … and even paying state portions of UI when the insurance pools run dry.

Mitch complains that states like Ill and NY have unfunded pension liabilities worse than small red states. And taht's true. It's also why the red states got tired of SALT tax deductions. but it's also true that red states, particularly small red states, can't meet federal matches in recessions without making deep cuts in docs nurses and teachers.

We know that by 2014, at the very least, $29 TRILLION DOLLARS was doled out
averting 'The Next Great Depression'....other estimates have the price tag as high as $62 TRILLION

Even at $29 TRILLION, there was no eviction protection,

out of the $75 BILLION DOLLARS HAMP program to help upwards of 7 million homeowners
less than $15 BILLION was used, $4 BILLION was used helping fewer than 1 million homeowners
the rest went to the institutions holding the deeds....6 million people lost their homes

There wasn't any utility shutoff prevention

There wasn't any extra pay in UI

SS, SSI, veterans and rr retirees got a ONE TIME check for $250 dollars
The rest of us got payroll tax reductions...for me that wasn't even $4 fucking dollars extra
Woo Hoo

In 2009, USAID to foreign countries was over $230 BILLION DOLLARS...1.3 BILLION to RUSSIA alone
By 2014 USAID had shelled out over 1 TRILLION DOLLARS to foreign countries

The rich got bailed out, foreign investors were bailed out, foreign banks were propped up,
Congress protected their own investments, their families and friends investments
shovel ready jobs weren't shovel ready...solar energy/greenhouse projects all filed for bankruptcy
infrastructure investments amounted to fixing potholes and a nice sign telling us
that roadwork was made possible by the ARRA, people were paid more money for a clunker
than was spent helping homeowners keep their house

MainStreet wasn't just sold out...we were run the fuck over
The rich got wealthier

Please STFU

The OP Link is about the Senate Republicans finally coming up with a plan. Speaker Pelosi is not in the Senate. Senator McConnell is the Senate Majority Leader.

It's unclear why the new Republican plan would not include the direct payments, which President Donald Trump and his administration also support.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken,, Not Stirred!"
(The Senate and Other Republicans do pray for this, casting baby genitalia out of the households--even still bodily attached: Matt 25:14-30!)

Even the link notes that the Republican Senate plan is even A MAJOR SPLIT BETWEEN REPUBLICANS AND THE TRUMPED-UP WHITE HOUSE, ILLITERATE AS ALWAYS: AND DAYS BEFORE THEIR. . . . .ASSEMBLY BEGINS. . . .MAYBE SOMEWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES, EVEN(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, not Stirred!"
(The Senate and Other Republicans do pray for this, casting baby genitalia out of the households--even still bodily attached: Matt 25:14-30!)

My largest objection to the dems' position is "untethered" aid to states. I'm all for bipartisan agreement in helping states get past recession budget deficits in Medicaid matches, special education matches, and supplementing UI … and even paying state portions of UI when the insurance pools run dry.

Mitch complains that states like Ill and NY have unfunded pension liabilities worse than small red states. And taht's true. It's also why the red states got tired of SALT tax deductions. but it's also true that red states, particularly small red states, can't meet federal matches in recessions without making deep cuts in docs nurses and teachers.

Ask Nancy to remove Blue City bailouts.

The problem with the extension is that a lot of people were making more money sitting at home than working, so they didn't go out to find other employment.

In my state if you made an average living, you got around 400 bucks a week from the state unemployment bureau. Add the feds contribution, that was $1,000 a week.

When you consider the taxes you don't pay on that like SS and Medicare, it's comparable to somebody with a job making 60K a year, which in our state is pretty good money.

We need to help people while at the same time, not discourage people from going back to work. Working people is the best economic stimulus.

Only if red city bailouts are included

"does not include stimulus payments of up to $1,200"

She exposed Trump's impotence to extend UI supplments and eviction protection via executive orders, when he had Meadows walk away from the table.

Pelosi used you as hostage to bail out government unions and you're mad at ... Trump? Seriously?
Some people lack the ability to think things through.
If she wanted to help Americans all she had to do was send a clean bill specifically FOR THE PEOPLE but she didn't because she doesn't actually care. Bendog is just too stupid to figure it out.

The problem with Illiterate Ray-From-Cleveland poster is that increase of consumption spending is not regarded job creation, in that poster's reasoning.

The Living Wage employment enhancement--$600 per week--paid low-income households especially to go out and buy stuff. Living Wage Equal Protection Under Law encouraged people to spend, creating LIVING WAGE JOBS where before there was only intended baby genital mutilation--people with children not thought to have equal rights in any workplace environment! They were not allowed to have enough to even help the economy prosper!

See what worked! Target blasting through sales records, in a pandemic: Is not about Tiffany's, (yet)--(if at all--since this is a Trumped-Up Administration wherein only hideous tax cuts mattered!) That Tax Cut screwed Tiffany's Jewelry Stores, even(?)! The rich already had enough jewelry, as it turns out! Contrasting, Target even touted brick & mortar for 90% of its business, not plaything digital.

THE REPUBLICAN TAX CUTS EVEN CLOSED TIFFANY'S STORES!

So Illiterate Ray From Cleveland poster is the source of the federal deficit problem-thinking--among others--as well as the source of why it happened. Not only were there tax cuts FOR the rich, but The Republicans indirectly concede that their beliefs of Unequal Treatment Under Law in the Workplace--never work in practice. No one would work at the sub-Living Wage rates!

Low Income households may have stumbled into some new collection of tools, even: Able to create a new production business, then employing others.

That never comes up in Republican reasoning about jobs--only giant factories are thought to have jobs--at pay and employment levels of some version of "The Good Old Days," maybe 1983 or something(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Even in the prayers: Matt 25: 14-30!)

Last edited:

States. Fla hospitals are ehm

florida has a 2 billion budget deficit from corvid. GA cuts 14% of state budget. Texas can't make their Medicaid match.

"does not include stimulus payments of up to $1,200"

She exposed Trump's impotence to extend UI supplments and eviction protection via executive orders, when he had Meadows walk away from the table.

Pelosi used you as hostage to bail out government unions and you're mad at ... Trump? Seriously?
Some people lack the ability to think things through.
If she wanted to help Americans all she had to do was send a clean bill specifically FOR THE PEOPLE but she didn't because she doesn't actually care. Bendog is just too stupid to figure it out.

Yes. The irony is that Pelosi is holding helping the unemployed over Trump's head to put pressure on him to get her partisan union spending and then she says ... Trump doesn't care about the unemployed. And bendog believes her. Democrats are just the dumbest people

States. Fla hospitals are ehm

florida has a 2 billion budget deficit from corvid. GA cuts 14% of state budget. Texas can't make their Medicaid match.
I understand yet the Trumpets are following Trump's admission he doesn't want to help blue states only red which is wrong and divisive.

100% USDA grade A pork.

• Funny
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back