Dick Cheney Survives Fifth Heart Attack, not rare cardiologists say

Thank you OldandTired for blowing Mr Peepers's argument out of the water. I'd give you some of my measly REPs, but I need to spread them around a bit more according to the forum rules.

Yes hell you can lose your house.

When it comes to Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you'll be forced to liquidate all your non-exempted assets to pay your debts and bills. The thing is that those who apply to Chapter 7 don't have many assets to begin with. If that sounds like you, then you may not have to give up most of what assets you do have left.

But be careful -- you may also stand to lose your home after you file for bankruptcy, or at least lose most of its value.

Homestead exemptions vary from state to state, so it's always a good idea to discuss this issue closely with your bankruptcy attorney. This is important if you don't want to lose your house just by filing bankruptcy.

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-You-Can-Lose-in-Bankruptcy,-Part-One&id=2693535

and tort reform and increasing competiton will help control costs

Good, so you agree that we need a not-for-profit public option. That is the ONLY thing that will bring down prices for insurance. Tort reform will lower cost by what, 1%? Besides, that is a state issue.

and tort reform and increasing competiton will help control costs

Good, so you agree that we need a not-for-profit public option. That is the ONLY thing that will bring down prices for insurance. Tort reform will lower cost by what, 1%? Besides, that is a state issue.

Ooops.

You did it Peepers.

Used that 1% thingy that Obama threw out there for the likes of you to grab on to. He knew there would be fools that would repeat that figure.....of course he did not point out to you that that 1% figure he used was based on the theroy that ALL LAWSUITS WOULD STILL FIND IN FAVOR OF THE PLAINTIFF!

The number rises dramatically if actual real figures are applied.

He uses fools like you like he uses a dishtowel. You repeat without looking into it.

And I have a question for you Peepers..

Public option is one "copmpany".....there are over 1400 insurance companies in the US....why would 1 company create better competition, but allowing all 1400 existing companies to compete with each other NOT create BETTER competition?

No...I do not support the public option.

Now that being said...I tried to work with You peepers. I respected your positions and debated with you with respect.

You referred to me as one who sneers at the less fortunate.

So I am done with you. You are a selfish asshole who does not know when someone is showing you respect...and you make judgement calls based on what other people tell you to think...

SO as I said earlier...I wish you nothing but the best...but get the fuck out of my face you selfish, judgmental hypocrite.....take your prsonal issues and shove them up your ass....you dont want help....you want others to take on your problems.......one day you will realize it.

Last edited:
You can't lose your house in a bankruptcy. That's a bullshit argument put forth by people who want to spend their money on illegal drugs rather than catastrophic health insurance. Health insurance can be affordable if you avoid the insurance that will pay for a doctor to clip your toenails.

If you use the ER and can not afford to pay the bill, you are not dunned for the money and your credit is not hit. It is a service to the American people by the American people..it is the American people that can afford to, giving back to Amserica.

We do not need government to make mandates for the American people to help American people.

Ironically...they argue about the cost oif the ER tot he American people as the reason for the mandate.....but we have been fine with the cost f the ER......and that part works...so why fix it?

Cost reform? Sure......that would be nice....and tort reform and increasing competiton will help control costs.......but to mandate? Take away freedsom of choice? Why?

Thank you OldandTired for blowing Mr Peepers's argument out of the water. I'd give you some of my measly REPs, but I need to spread them around a bit more according to the forum rules.

Hey...no problem. Peepers believes what he hears from the left. I thought he was more independant than that.....I misjudged him completely and I take full responsibility for it. He is a talking head without a clue about reality......and to think.....I was prepared to write up a business plan for him so he can take his expertise and apply it to a new business venture......and then he tells me that I sneer at the less fortunate in the ER's...

Yeah....thats what I do...I drive from ER to ER so I can see those poor penniless people get freebies at the copst of shme and humiliation.

Jeez.....we are bceoming a very sad nation indeed.

Public option is one "copmpany".....there are over 1400 insurance companies in the US....

What? It doesn't have to be. It could be one co-op or two or two thousand. As long as they are not for profit, what does it matter? The more people in a co-op the more money raised and the better the coverage.

why would 1 company create better competition, but allowing all 1400 existing companies to compete with each other NOT create BETTER competition?

A public option IS competition to the colluding, parasitic and yes, EVIL insurance companies. They will have to lower their prices in order to stay in business. I thought you were all about "free" markets. Are you saying that only private for-profit companies should be able to compete, even to the detriment of all Americans? Most cannot afford insurance coverage, and thus health care on their own. You don't see this as a problem?

Tort reform will not change anything significantly. If you believe it will, please give me an example of how it will magically lower premiums. Here is my study to the contrary.

Spotlight on Malpractice Reform - RWJF

Public option is one "copmpany".....there are over 1400 insurance companies in the US....

What? It doesn't have to be. It could be one co-op or two or two thousand. As long as they are not for profit, what does it matter? The more people in a co-op the more money raised and the better the coverage.

why would 1 company create better competition, but allowing all 1400 existing companies to compete with each other NOT create BETTER competition?

A public option IS competition to the colluding, parasitic and yes, EVIL insurance companies. They will have to lower their prices in order to stay in business. I thought you were all about "free" markets. Are you saying that only private for-profit companies should be able to compete, even to the detriment of all Americans? Most cannot afford insurance coverage, and thus health care on their own. You don't see this as a problem?

Tort reform will not change anything significantly. If you believe it will, please give me an example of how it will magically lower premiums. Here is my study to the contrary.

Spotlight on Malpractice Reform - RWJF

Colluding parasitic and evil.

Question....do you know why there are pre-exisitng clauses?

Hey...no problem. Peepers believes what he hears from the left.

I don't listen to anyone. I read and research and make up my own mind unlike you corporatists.

If you do, indeed "care" for the people that have to go to the ER for their only medical care, why not be part of the solution? Why is it that every other developed country has figured out a way to take care of their own and still be competitive globally? Hell, Ireland has freer markets than we do and a much more stable economy. And everyone can go to the doctor when they need to. We need to get the burden of health insurance off of the backs of our businesses and sustain a healthy, stable productive population that doesn't have to fear bankruptcy due to a heart attack or cancer?

Besides, we are spending so much money in GDP for health costs and we truly don't get much out of it, relatively.

Last edited:

Yes, so they can deny claims and boost profits. This clause also keeps someone with, say, diabetes from probably being unable to afford health insurance from anyone anywhere. I have a friend who was diagnosed with MS last year and got laid off this year. Guess what, she can't even begin to afford cobra payments on unemployment, she can't find a job, and so now, she has NO insurance, a debilitating illness and no way of procuring affordable insurance. THIS is what they consider a "pre-existing condition" clause.

Last edited:

I don't listen to anyone. I read and research and make up my own mind unlike you corporatists.

If you do, indeed "care" for the people that have to go to the ER for their only medical care, why not be part of the solution? Why is it that every other developed country has and figure out a way to take care of their own and still be competitive globally? Hell, Ireland has freer markets than we do and a much more stable economy. And everyone can go to the doctor when they need to. We get the burden of health insurance off of the backs of our businesses and sustain a healthy, stable productive population that doesn't have to fear bankruptcy due to a heart attack or cancer?

Besides, we are spending so much money in GDP for health costs and we truly don't get much out of it, relatively.

Peepers....say what you want but you sound exactly like the far left talking heads.

We are not Ireland. We are the US. We are not just a country...we are an NEW idea of a country and the new idea was implmented.

We are the most generous nation in the world as a result. You want to sacrifice that?
We are the most properous in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
We have the most liberties n the world? You want to sacrifice that?
We are the most innovative in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
We are the most envied in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
We are the safest in the world? You want to sacrifice that?
We grew quicker than any other country in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
ALL countries have the poor....but.....
Our poor are the most comfortable in the world. You want to sacrifice that?

Sure, our system has its liabilities.....such as the poor need to use the ER for healthcare....

BUT THE SAME SYSTEM ALLOWS THE POOR TO GET OUT OF BEING POOR....you want to sacrifice that?

So please do what Obama is doing. Compare us to the rest oif the countries in the world as it pertains to one thing...healthcare.

Or you can do the responsible thing and LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE.

Yes, so they can deny claims and boost profits. This clause also keeps someone with, say, diabetes from probably being unable to afford health insurance from anyone anywhere. I have a friend who was diagnosed with MS last year and got laid off this year. Guess what, she can't even begin to afford cobra payments on unemployment, she can't find a job, and so now, she has NO insurance, a debilitating illness and no way of procuring affordable insurance. THIS is what they consider a "pre-existing condition" clause.

You are 100% wrong.
As I said...you are debating a topic you know nothing about. I blame the media...not you.

Pre-exisiting conditions was imnplemented in an effort to SAVE the health insurance industry.

People...yes...people...everyday Americans...poor, rich....middle class.....saw a way to capitalize on the system. They would not buy insurance until they got sick.

They assumed they would not get sick and opted to save the money for other things like entertainemnt...and if, God forbid they DID get sick, they would find some unsuspecting insurance company and purchase insurance....

So, thanks to the greed of the people, Insurance companies were losing their shirts...so they stopped the scam.

So that makes the insurance companies greedy and evil?

Last edited:

If you do, indeed "care" for the people that have to go to the ER for their only medical care, why not be part of the solution? Why is it that every other developed country has figured out a way to take care of their own and still be competitive globally? Hell, Ireland has freer markets than we do and a much more stable economy. And everyone can go to the doctor when they need to. We need to get the burden of health insurance off of the backs of our businesses and sustain a healthy, stable productive population that doesn't have to fear bankruptcy due to a heart attack or cancer?

Greece has national health care. Wanna live there now?

If you do, indeed "care" for the people that have to go to the ER for their only medical care, why not be part of the solution? Why is it that every other developed country has and figure out a way to take care of their own and still be competitive globally? Hell, Ireland has freer markets than we do and a much more stable economy. And everyone can go to the doctor when they need to. We get the burden of health insurance off of the backs of our businesses and sustain a healthy, stable productive population that doesn't have to fear bankruptcy due to a heart attack or cancer?

Peepers....say what you want but you sound exactly like the far left talking heads.

We are not Ireland. We are the US. We are not just a country...we are an NEW idea of a country and the new idea was implmented.

We are the most generous nation in the world as a result. You want to sacrifice that?
We are the most properous in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
We have the most liberties n the world? You want to sacrifice that?
We are the most innovative in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
We are the most envied in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
We are the safest in the world? You want to sacrifice that?
We grew quicker than any other country in the world. You want to sacrifice that?
ALL countries have the poor....but.....
Our poor are the most comfortable in the world. You want to sacrifice that?

Sure, our system has its liabilities.....such as the poor need to use the ER for healthcare....

BUT THE SAME SYSTEM ALLOWS THE POOR TO GET OUT OF BEING POOR....you want to sacrifice that?

So please do what Obama is doing. Compare us to the rest oif the countries in the world as it pertains to one thing...healthcare.

Or you can do the responsible thing and LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE.
Most of these so-called uninsured "poor" don't have to go to the Emergency Room for treatment; there are places like Wal-Mart who have in-store clinics where people can go get low-cost treatment. It's just a matter of setting your priorities. Obviously there are a number of deadbeats and their enablers who don't set health care as a priority.

Here: Just 65.00 for a "get-well" visit and your prescription could cost you as little as $4: http://www.walmart.com/cp/Clinics/554492

Last edited:

Greece has national health care. Wanna live there now?

And exactly what kind of innovation comes out of Ireland?

LMAO...the Premier of Labrador Canada is coming to the US for heart surgery as he does not want to be accused of "jumping the line" in Canada.

People just dont get it.

We are the most generous nation in the world as a result.
Well, not when it comes to our own citizens.

We are the most properous in the world.
Well, until we get the final remittance bill from China and Japan

We have the most liberties n the world
No, we don't.

We are the most innovative in the world.
Maybe at one time, but we have been surpassed by the east

We are the most envied in the world.
You don't travel outside of this country very much, do you? Envied? THAT is laughable.

We are the safest in the world?
I live in NYC. Do you really believe that BS?

We grew quicker than any other country in the world.
And what was our largest period of growth and how was it proportionate to a strong middle class.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great country in many aspects, but it also has many, many faults. The fact that it has been sold to the highest bidder under our noses is one of them, and I refuse to lie down and take it... or bow to my corporate masters. You don't seem to mind, though.

Last edited:
Most of these so-called uninsured "poor" don't have to go to the Emergency Room for treatment; there are places like Wal-Mart who have in-store clinics where people can go get low-cost treatment.

A clinic can treat a cold or a cut - anything minor. Anything more serious will need to be handled by a physician or a hospital.

Cheney, a great consevative with strong family Christian values is being rewarded by god for doing a great job for his United States service to his country protecting it and setting free oppressed people in Iraq and Kuwait. He was a great Vice President. I was proud to have him as my Sec of Defense. May he live long and prosper.

Uh, what service? The guy skirted the draft five times.

Vice president Biden skirted the draft 5 times as well.

We are the most generous nation in the world as a result.
Well, not when it comes to our own citizens.

We are the most properous in the world.
Well, until we get the final remittance bill from China and Japan

No, we don't.

Maybe at one time, but we have been surpassed by the east

You don't travel outside of this country very much, do you? Envied? THAT is laughable.

We are the safest in the world?
I live in NYC. Do you really believe that BS?

We grew quicker than any other country in the world.
And what was our largest period of growth and how was it proportionate to a strong middle class.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great country in many aspects, but it also has many, many faults. The fact that it has been sold to the highest bidder under our noses is one of them, and I refuse to lie down and take it... or bow to my corporate masters. You don't seem to mind, though.
Just who do you think owns and runs General Motors, not forgetting to mention, who feels like they have the power to determine if, when and how much of a bonus may be paid out to executives by financial institutions.

Here: Just 65.00 for a "get-well" visit and your prescription could cost you as little as $4: Walmart.com: Pharmacy: Clinics

I wouldn't set foot in a Wal-Mart. And what if you need a chest x-ray? What if you have pneumonia or something worse like strep throat? I don't think that's covered in a "get well" visit for the sniffles.
A chest x-ray isn't going to break anybody - even the so-called "poor" whose welfare benefits amount to approximately $43,000 per year.

Here: Just 65.00 for a "get-well" visit and your prescription could cost you as little as $4: Walmart.com: Pharmacy: Clinics

I wouldn't set foot in a Wal-Mart. And what if you need a chest x-ray? What if you have pneumonia or something worse like strep throat? I don't think that's covered in a "get well" visit for the sniffles.

and thus the reason for the ER.

Forum List

Back