DHS Chief Mayorkas Strips Border Protections from U.S. Graduates

All you're advocating is massive welfare programs to dish out cash to law wage labor from shithole countries. And you're advocating an increase in the flow of this labor.

You aren't fooling anyone, douchebag.
You're actually right that I'm advocating.
Advocating more of what is necessary, as we have already agreed upon.

There would be no point in advocating that the corporations that have taken it all to China should be forced to come back! They ain't comin!

Can they at least send some of the tremendous wealth they're rolling in back to 'stateside'?
Even though that would be stealing 'other people's' money?

Bringing workers to America to work here for a while creates goodwill ambassadors for the US when they return home.

This improves our relations with other countries.

It's win/win for everyone.

Our American education system is being outpaced. The problem is not Indians, the problem is us. We need to be training our children for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of their fathers. As I have said countless times.
How do you do that is you don't know what those jobs will be?

Do you think the knew that the internet would employ millions when I graduated in 1978 and my wife graduated in 1976? They had no clue as we both work with the internet every minute of every shift!

Capitalism has no restricting principles that prevent the employers from paying whatever wages they decide to pay. American capitalism is strictly about supply and demand!
How many times do you need to be told that?

We have something called borders. American companies can pay whatever they want, so long as they pay to people in America. Nothing about capitalism says we have to open the floodgates to immigration, moron.

Get that through your head.

American capitalism has no social responsibility period!
No true capitalist does and on that we have always agreed.
You actually said something I agree with.

Exactly!

We seem to be in agreement on all of my arguments!
What are you obsessing about?

I think the biggest problem we have with each other pissant, is that I'm a capitalist myself and you can't snow me with your imagined principals of capitalism. We both know the true facts too well and so there can't be any disagreement from you on what I state as the facts.
You are no capitalist. You're a sleazy lying prog.

About all we'll ever establish is that America has lots of illegal immigrants doing jobs for very low wages, and American businesses have no will and no incentive to make it any other way.

Wrong. We haven't "established" any such thing.

Trump should have the Mexicans build a wall with locked gates in it every 200 yards.
That would allow American employers to go and unlock the gate when they need the cheap labour to pick grapes, radishes, kumquats, whatever?

Bring the whole family amigo, the ninos work for half price!

Why are you so eager to have low wage labor from a shithole counties come and take your job?

You're actually right that I'm advocating.
Advocating more of what is necessary, as we have already agreed upon.

Again, I haven't agreed with any of your sleazy agenda.

There would be no point in advocating that the corporations that have taken it all to China should be forced to come back! They ain't comin!

Can they at least send some of the tremendous wealth they're rolling in back to 'stateside'?
Even though that would be stealing 'other people's' money?

I haven't even discussed shipping our jobs overseas, douchebag.

We have something called borders. American companies can pay whatever they want, so long as they pay to people in America. Nothing about capitalism says we have to open the floodgates to immigration, moron.

Get that through your head.
Jesus you're an ignorant pissant! Everything we've talked about has come through 'my' head. Now you're trying invent something to disagree on, when in fact there's nothing. I don't have anymore time to waste on you!

So wait. If you guys really believe in the free market? should not the companies that hire the best possible person do the best and make the most profit? How can you guys not like that?
These people aren't citizens. Do you support shipping people into The United States and pay them the lowest wage possible? By your logic, slavery should be legal.

Jesus you're an ignorant pissant! Everything we've talked about has come through 'my' head. Now you're trying invent something to disagree on, when in fact there's nothing. I don't have anymore time to waste on you!
It obviously didn't penetrate your skull because there's no law that says we have to admit 2 million aliens from Mexico every year.

So wait. If you guys really believe in the free market? should not the companies that hire the best possible person do the best and make the most profit? How can you guys not like that?
Hire any American you like.

I'm a software consultant, you fucking moron. When I go to work, all I see is brown faces. Virtually no native born Americans. Back in India these people make about 1/5th of what they make here. You have to be a fucking moron to believe these imported software coolies aren't driving wages down for STEM fields.

and you are making the same amount you were 20 years ago?

Damn, you must really suck at your job.

and you are making the same amount you were 20 years ago?

Damn, you must really suck at your job.
What a surprise that you would hit below the belt like that.

Nope. That was in the middle of the tech bubble. I had the highest technical position you could get in my company. Now I have to compete with a hoard of software coolies.

How do you do that is you don't know what those jobs will be?

Do you think the knew that the internet would employ millions when I graduated in 1978 and my wife graduated in 1976? They had no clue as we both work with the internet every minute of every shift!
You have always struck me as smarter than most of the posters on this forum, Admiral. The rubes want answers to our nation's problems to be provided in 280 characters or less, but the real solutions are complicated and we need leaders who can do the hard work instead of the pandering pricks we keep electing and re-electing.

As I say many times, we get the politicians we deserve. We also get the problems we deserve.

To answer your question, we know the jobs of the future will be in the services and entertainment sectors. We know those jobs will NOT be in the manufacturing sector.

Dipshit politicians who promise to bring back manufacturing jobs are lying to your face because they are too lazy to do the heavy lifting which needs to be done to tweak our education system.

As I have pointed out many, many times, when our country was founded, 90 percent of all jobs were in the agricultural sector. Today, we are producing more food than ever and using only 2 percent of our workforce to do it.

It would take a seriously unethical politician to declare they are going to bring back all those lost farming jobs, yes? He'd be either an idiot or lazy or both.

Just so with politicians who promise to bring back manufacturing jobs and jobs in the coal industry. We are manufacturing more goods than ever (something the unethical invariably fail to mention) while requiring a much smaller workforce to do so.

Job growth is happening in the services and entertainment industries. So that's where we need to gear our training.

Giving a kid the minimum education to work on an assembly line is doing them a serious disservice. We need to steer kids into the sciences and technology.

I tell my kids all the time that math is the most important area of study. Not just for the obvious reasons, but it also teaches you how to think logically.

Most of the people on this forum do not know how to think logically. They operate on the "I want to bleev it, so it must be true" system.

A frequent tactic of propagandists is to carefully frame information to give the wrong impression. For instance, if they support a pandering, lazy populist who promises to bring back manufacturing jobs, they frame the manufacturing employment graph into a very narrow time frame instead of showing the long term big picture. Then the rube herd celebrates any short term job growth and buys into the idea that all we need to do is threaten China and not do anything to fix the real problems.

I like to post this once in a while:

Damn you, Obama! Damn you!

u_s_coal_mining_jobs.png

Oh, wait...

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

Total Number Of Coal Plants Plummeting Globally

When shown only the short term graph, the rubes can be easily convinced lost coal jobs are because Obama is a commie job killer. But when you look at the big picture, the truth jumps right out at you.

Now let's look at the big picture for manufacturing:

Real-USManufacturing1950-2014.jpg

The red line is productivity (making more stuff). The blue line is manufacturing jobs.

Manufacturing jobs are NOT coming back. They are gone for good.

http://conexus.cberdata.org/files/MfgReality.pdf

Almost 88 percent of job losses in manufacturing in recent years can be attributable to productivity growth, and the long-term changes to manufacturing employment are mostly linked to the productivity of American factories.

We have GOT to stop falling for hucksters and their pandering bullshit.

Thank you for your patience, Admiral, and I hope your health is strong.

If we don't train our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, we have no choice but to offer those jobs to immigrants who have the skills.

Forum List

Back