Deven Guilford killed by police - an indepth investigation

Bucs thinks that going WOW and LOLing that it counts as a counter point.

Well when what I type after it destroys your argument...yeah...I do.

Cop makes a legal stop. Driver uncooperative.
Cop tries to arrest. Driver resists.
Driver attacks and injures cop. Cop defends his life.

Did I miss something? ?

Nope, only the part where you are inquisitive or wonder about anything in the cops story.

Other than that, you're good.

Bucs thinks that going WOW and LOLing that it counts as a counter point.

Well when what I type after it destroys your argument...yeah...I do.

Cop makes a legal stop. Driver uncooperative.
Cop tries to arrest. Driver resists.
Driver attacks and injures cop. Cop defends his life.

Did I miss something? ?

Nope, only the part where you are inquisitive or wonder about anything in the cops story.

Other than that, you're good.

Ok....but all the other stuff is obviously true and accurate. So....why is this story even half an outrage?

Another unarmed person gunned down by the police, that's all.

So? For one...it's an extremely rare occurrence.

Two...the unarmed person was assaulting the cop...and sounds like winning the fight.

You do know...an unarmed person can still be a deadly threat right?

Any excuse will do. Every case you say it's a "rare occurrence". I guess the meaning of rare changed recently.

Any excuse will do. Every case you say it's a "rare occurrence". I guess the meaning of rare changed recently.

Nope. Rare must have some statistical context. I provided stats. And police killings are VERY uncommon. 300 billion hours of cop work done by 1,000,000 cops....who make about 14, 000,000 arrests. And around 400 deaths result. Most justified.

You say that number is low. Even if more than doubled....1000 out of 14,000,000 arrests is....well....an extremely tiny percentage.

You provided incomplete stats because once again, the police dont keep track of all the incidents. You keep going in circles with that fact.

In this example the cop was not overly aggressive, even though his reason for pulling the kid over was petty nonsense. If the kid had flashed the cop because the cop's bright beams were on, or if the kid had cause to believe they were, that should have been the end of story. But from the point where the cop asked (politely) for ID the kid behaved provocatively.

If the kid had behaved sensibly from the outset rather than coming on like a smart-ass he probably could have driven away with a warning for driving without his license. But he chose to provoke a predictably losing battle.

Bottom line: he asked for it.

Yep. There's this new trend that some people think it's fine to be uncooperative, talk shit to the cop, be provocative towards them. It's like rolling dice. Eventually you'll end up in a bad situation.

You provided incomplete stats because once again, the police dont keep track of all the incidents. You keep going in circles with that fact.

That's a laughable lie. So you're saying there are police departments who KILL people....and their official policy is to do no report, no documentation. Just shrug it off and go get coffee.

You're so delusional it's ridiculous.

I'd like you to show me ONE person killed by police....that wasn't reported and documented. Otherwise you're just making shit up. 1 incident of a cop killing someone in the course of official duty....which the cops didn't report. Just 1.

The cop said he didnt have his brights on.

Then later said IF the kid had been nicer, the cop wouldve told the truth that hes gotten the same complaint by 3 other people. But since the kid had eyes and saw the lights and told the truth now he's in trouble.

All the kid had to do was let himself get blinded by the lights and then say sorry, I broke the law and I"M the one who blinded you, sir. I was mistaken

That's a laughable lie. So you're saying there are police departments who KILL people....and their official policy is to do no report, no documentation. Just shrug it off and go get coffee.

I'd like you to show me ONE person killed by police....that wasn't reported and documented. Otherwise you're just making shit up. 1 incident of a cop killing someone in the course of official duty....which the cops didn't report. Just 1.

You keep doing this thing where you call names and laugh and believe you just made a point. The NYTIMES article shows that they dont keep those stats. You want to argue? Tell the NYTIMES you know better but you're going to need more than wackadoodle questions, name calling and smiley's

The kid flashed his brights into the oncoming traffic.

You see the cops busted up face pics?
devon guilford shooting - Google Search
635701645832783601-B9317769699Z.1-20150617180724-000-G66B40OO8.1-0.png

Where is the actual injury? All I see is dried blood, which could be Deven Guilford's blood.

635701645832783601-B9317769699Z.1-20150617180724-000-G66B40OO8.1-0.png

Where is the actual injury? All I see is dried blood, which could be Deven Guilford's blood.

He has a verticle scar in the middle of his forehead...which is a new type of injury. I believe the kid was karate chopping his forehead...too bad he left the scene before medical could examine him on site.

Yep. There's this new trend that some people think it's fine to be uncooperative, talk shit to the cop, be provocative towards them. It's like rolling dice. Eventually you'll end up in a bad situation.
I fully agree on the matter of "shit talking" -- except when the cop's attitude is initially contemptuous and/or unnecessarily aggressive, as you well know some cops are inclined to be. In which case the cop is the instigator and the offended citizen's belligerence has been provoked.

When a cop approaches a citizen in a neutral. reasonably officious manner I believe the citizen is obliged to respond inoffensively, with intelligent arguments if arguments are necessary. Gratuitously smart-ass answers are provocative and always are counterproductive.

Then later said IF the kid had been nicer, the cop wouldve told the truth that hes gotten the same complaint by 3 other people.
[...]
The cop did admit that?

I haven't read that anywhere but it is a very important consideration and will alter my entire impression of this encounter. So please provide me with a link to your source.

Thanks in advance.

Then later said IF the kid had been nicer, the cop wouldve told the truth that hes gotten the same complaint by 3 other people. But since the kid had eyes and saw the lights and told the truth now he's in trouble.

All the kid had to do was let himself get blinded by the lights and then say sorry, I broke the law and I"M the one who blinded you, sir. I was mistaken

Cop didn't have brights on. That model Ford has lights that are a little brighter than past models. Many cars do now. Especially the LED style lights.

"Flashing" brights are what's illegal. The sudden brightening of lights...which doesn't allow adjustment by oncoming drivers. That's why it's illegal.

Then later said IF the kid had been nicer, the cop wouldve told the truth that hes gotten the same complaint by 3 other people.
[...]
The cop did admit that?

I haven't read that anywhere but it is a very important consideration and will alter my entire impression of this encounter. So please provide me with a link to your source.

Thanks in advance.

Its in the OP and starts at the 10 min mark. Watch it, I'm interested in what you think about it

Cop didn't have brights on. That model Ford has lights that are a little brighter than past models. Many cars do now. Especially the LED style lights.

"Flashing" brights are what's illegal. The sudden brightening of lights...which doesn't allow adjustment by oncoming drivers. That's why it's illegal.

The bolded is false and is covered in the video it is unlawful to have lights blinding other drivers. A sudden blinding or a gradual blinding isnt safe and thats why its against the law in Michigan.

You keep doing this thing where you call names and laugh and believe you just made a point. The NYTIMES article shows that they dont keep those stats. You want to argue? Tell the NYTIMES you know better but you're going to need more than wackadoodle questions, name calling and smiley's

Surely they sourced their info right?? Should be easy. Just show me ONE incident of a police officer killing someone on official duty....and as an official policy the department then says fuck it and no report no photos no documentation.

Just ONE. If it's so common....it should be very very easy. Go ahead...make me look foolish. Just 1.

Yeah the one where he left the scene with his buddy before medical got there and then from punches to the head ended up with one vertical scar? I think the kid was karate chopping him...or he gave it to himself
I hope this isn't another mislabeled picture of someone else like what we got with the Officer Wilson pics with the eye injury.....that were not him.

Forum List

Back