Developing News: Bernie Sanders surges ahead of Hillary Clinton in N.H., 44-37

No shit, it's NH.

New Hamster's not only right next door to Vermont, it pretty much shares the same subculture. It would be news if Bernie did not lead the race. A favorite son in effect.

NH is a little more libertarianish than Vermont - and the level of rhetorical antagonism and competition between the states is high - similar to New York and New Jersey.

But yeah, they're alike in a lot more ways than they are different.

No shit, it's NH.

New Hamster's not only right next door to Vermont, it pretty much shares the same subculture. It would be news if Bernie did not lead the race. A favorite son in effect.

NH is a little more libertarianish than Vermont - and the level of rhetorical antagonism and competition between the states is high - similar to New York and New Jersey.

It's perhaps a fine point, but NY/NJ is far more a dominant/submissive kind of dysfunctional duo. We play NJ the same way in PA. :badgrin: That dynamic doesn't really exist in VT/NH. Basically we'd go to NH to do shopping so as to avoid paying sales tax, otherwise it's pretty much the same state turned upside down.

No shit, it's NH.

It's perhaps a fine point, but NY/NJ is far more a dominant/submissive kind of dysfunctional duo. We play NJ the same way in PA. :badgrin: That dynamic doesn't really exist in VT/NH. Basically we'd go to NH to do shopping so as to avoid paying sales tax, otherwise it's pretty much the same state turned upside down.

I'll agree with that - the power dynamics of the relationship are certainty more even than NY/NJ. But there's definitely a sibling rivalry thing between VT and NH - I saw it more in NH than I did in my neighbors in VT.

No shit, it's NH.

I'll agree with that - the power dynamics of the relationship are certainty more even than NY/NJ. But there's definitely a sibling rivalry thing between VT and NH - I saw it more in NH than I did in my neighbors in VT.

When did you live in NJ Doc?
I was in VT in around '91-'93. Upper Valley.

No shit, it's NH.

Never lived in NJ - I'm a Brooklyn boy.

But I grew up living part-time in VT, in a little town called Belmont about 20 miles outside of Rutland. I own a house there, which I will return to as soon as I no longer need the constant stimulation of a city.

For now, I live in California. It sucks.

Never lived in NJ - I'm a Brooklyn boy.

But I grew up living part-time in VT, in a little town called Belmont about 20 miles outside of Rutland. I own a house there, which I will return to as soon as I no longer need the constant stimulation of a city.

For now, I live in California. It sucks.

Gaa-- I meant to type "NH". Proofreader gets fired.

Vermont's wonderful. I love a state that has no billboards. I woulda stayed if I hadn't needed city resources for work in those pre-internet daze. I was right by the Connecticut River, passing back and forth to NH all the time.

This is like watching a real bad reality show. Sanders is 73 years old and if was elected would be close to 75 when he took office. He would be 80 freaking years old, if he made it through one term.

Hillary is being investigated for possibly committing a crime while she was SOS as we speak and there she is out there running for President as if it's no big deal.

Ah yes, 73. The age Ronald Reagan was when he ran for POTUS in 1984. Far as I know he got a few votes too.

The difference being, Bernie Sanders hasn't been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

That reminds me, I gotta go see my aunt for her birthday in a few weeks.
She'll be 96.

Ah yes, 73. The age Ronald Reagan was when he ran for POTUS in 1984. Far as I know he got a few votes too.

The difference being, Bernie Sanders hasn't been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

That reminds me, I gotta go see my aunt for her birthday in a few weeks.
She'll be 96.
Bernies health should be an issue along with Hillary's head injury.

Bernie Sanders has caused more concern for Hillary than anyone expected. Let's be real, the main reason Hillary is leading in most polls for Democratic nominee is not because people like her, trust her, believe she's honest or that she cares about them; it's they feel she has the best chance of defeating the Republican.

There is little I agree with Sanders on, but he's genuine, he's far more honest than Hillary.

Hillary is completely scripted, she's a phony. When she's in the south, nobody has a heavier southern twang than Hillary. Then there's Hillary with her black accent. Hillary's accent changes region to region and from ethnic group to ethnic group. People know she's a lying phony. She's low in the polls for honesty, trust and people thinking she cares about them.

Sanders can't be taken lightly, he drew a huge crowd in Los Angeles. People like Bernie, if Democratic voters felt he could beat the Republican candidate, Hillary would be fairing poorly in every major poll.

Hillary is to fat to be President. She needs a Christie 'Tuck and Roll' job.

Plus, shes a soon to be felon

-Geaux

Forum List

Back