Depo shot included with welfare, food stamps?

Is this a good or bad idea?

• This is a good idea

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • This is a bad idea

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have a better idea

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I'd make it an option, but forcing a non emergency medical treatment on anyone gives me the willies.

Now, making them sign a pledge to not get preggo (or impregnate someone, must be fair) or face cutting of benefits/losing the kid, that would be something I could go along with.

The only way someone wouldn't get pregnant is if they didn't have sex, and you cannot tell a person they can't have sex.

Depo is 99% effective.

Depo-Provera (Birth Control Shot) Effectiveness, Risks, & More

Yeah but Marty said it should only be an option, so what about those who refuse it?

I guess I'm weird but I really do believe in any birth control method that can stop abortions.

I'd be a dispensary in the middle of nowhere. Travel up to a city and be on a street corner handing out condoms.

The morning after pill. Just so we don't get to the point of Tiller or Gosnell for heaven sakes. You give me a choice between a free birth control pill to Sandra Fluke and Limbaugh are you freaking listening or a Gosnell snipping the neck of a fully formed baby and breathing............

Rush I want the douchebag to get that pill ...................

Depo-Provera - Birth Control Shot

Four times a year, still has to be cheaper than another mouth on welfare.

$35-100 per shot, plus exam, on the county dime. Will cut down on abortions as well.

Agree or disagree, and please give your reasons.

I'd make it an option, but forcing a non emergency medical treatment on anyone gives me the willies.

Now, making them sign a pledge to not get preggo (or impregnate someone, must be fair) or face cutting of benefits/losing the kid, that would be something I could go along with.

Compelling a public assistance applicant to use birth control or ‘sign a pledge’ as a condition of eligibility would be un-Constitutional for the same reason drug testing as a condition of eligibility is un-Constitutional.

And Cash assistance already has a family cap provision with regard to prohibiting a benefit amount increase when children are born to persons currently receiving TANF.

And of course making birth control available to low-income Americans is a wise and pragmatic policy.

Compelling birth control is in violation of the 1st Amendment.

$35-100 per shot, plus exam, on the county dime. Will cut down on abortions as well.

The only way someone wouldn't get pregnant is if they didn't have sex, and you cannot tell a person they can't have sex.

Correct.

The right to procreate is among our most fundamental Constitutional rights.

Compelling a public assistance applicant to use birth control or ‘sign a pledge’ as a condition of eligibility would be un-Constitutional for the same reason drug testing as a condition of eligibility is un-Constitutional.

And Cash assistance already has a family cap provision with regard to prohibiting a benefit amount increase when children are born to persons currently receiving TANF.

And of course making birth control available to low-income Americans is a wise and pragmatic policy.

True, as well as a 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendment violation – the right to privacy, individual liberty, due process, and equal protection, respectively.

Correct.

The right to procreate is among our most fundamental Constitutional rights.

Wrong. The 14th states the opposite.

Disagree. One should never provide hand-outs. Hand-ups are the only way to help people actually improve their lives. Each person needs to become a productive member of society and pull their own weight. This current plan of we have to solve everyone's problem by throwing money at them will never work.

Handouts should only be given to people who cannot work or can prove that they cannot get work. Giving money to the poor does not solve the problem, getting them work does.

Today's day and age, I find it highly suspect when folks say they can't work. The number of people on disability in this country is just insane. 14million people can't use a computer? Can do even basic tasks?

Program's need to be developed to teach such skills as using computers. High school for some students should consist of learning job skills, everyone is not going to college.

I guess I'm weird but I really do believe in any birth control method that can stop abortions.

I'd be a dispensary in the middle of nowhere. Travel up to a city and be on a street corner handing out condoms.

The morning after pill. Just so we don't get to the point of Tiller or Gosnell for heaven sakes. You give me a choice between a free birth control pill to Sandra Fluke and Limbaugh are you freaking listening or a Gosnell snipping the neck of a fully formed baby and breathing............

Rush I want the douchebag to get that pill ...................

At least you are okay with the morning after pill, unlike some others.

There is no right to government assiatance. The ban wouldnt be on having sex, it would be on getting any more assitance if you manage to get knocked up when you are on the dole.

True, as well as a 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendment violation – the right to privacy, individual liberty, due process, and equal protection, respectively.

No one is stopping them from having sex, what would be stopped is the assistance if they manged to get knocked up when on the dole, or knocking someone else up when on the dole. There is no right to government handouts. It is a contract between the State and the person, and like any contract, conditions can be applied to them.

you're evil and crazy at best

Absolutely agree! But it should be voluntary. If it was a condition for receiving public assistance, that would satisfy the voluntary requirement.

I don't think Beboop never implied they would be forced.... I could see coming from the right if you want to be on food stamps and welfare you must get these shots 4 times a year ... that I could see you righties foprcing on these people ...

I'm requring people who get government help to at least try not to add to thier own problems. How is that evil and crazy?

If they want to pump out kids, or go around spreading their seed, they should pay for it thier damn selves.

We are rewarding destructive behavior by removing the consequences of it.

An option as in, no assistance without the shot?

The reason I went with the shot is nobody can forget to take it, or poke a hole in it, etc.

BUT: there might be physical reasons that would preclude a woman from having that shot.

And yeah; I am totally unsure of the legalities of such an idea.

actually to get on any government program you have to qualify yourself to be on it this could be one of the qualifications but if you don't have children and you can't have children, they would you be forced to take a shot ... its could cause a problem of waste

I'm requring people who get government help to at least try not to add to thier own problems. How is that evil and crazy?

If they want to pump out kids, or go around spreading their seed, they should pay for it thier damn selves.

right here... we have no authority to ever say to a woman were going to take you child just because you can't afford them ... I find that evil ... then with your second post ... pump kids out ??? that's crazy... no woman wants to pump kids out ... that's just your way of degrading a poor woman who you have said, not you personally, but the party you support, they can't have birth control on our dime, that's immoral ... they just ranted a rave over forcing in our new health care plans to add birth control to the plan .... ... I can hear republicans now they're having sex .... poor woman have sex on our dime for the fun of it ??? I've heard that more then once ...

right here... we have no authority to ever say to a woman were going to take you child just because you can't afford them ... I find that evil ... then with your second post ... pump kids out ??? that's crazy... no woman wants to pump kids out ... that's just your way of degrading a poor woman who you have said, not you personally, but the party you support, they can't have birth control on our dime, that's immoral ... they just ranted a rave over forcing in our new health care plans to add birth control to the plan .... ... I can hear republicans now they're having sex .... poor woman have sex on our dime for the fun of it ??? I've heard that more then once ...

Once a person goes on the dole, the state should be able to set up conditions as long as the person remains on the dole. "You can't have anymore kids, or knock anyone else up" is a perfectly viable condition to maintain your benefits.

If you want to screw like crazed weasels without protection, be sure you are able to support the consequences, or get rid of the consequences your damn self.

Once a person goes on the dole, the state should be able to set up conditions as long as the person remains on the dole. "You can't have anymore kids, or knock anyone else up" is a perfectly viable condition to maintain your benefits.

If you want to screw like crazed weasels without protection, be sure you are able to support the consequences, or get rid of the consequences your damn self.

but your party, the republican party, said they can't have protection... that protection was immoral and people love to screw like crazy weasels ... why do you think black mens units are so big ... here's why... when white people children were young they got toys to play with ... where black children ,well the became resourceful with their main toy... and big toy at that... little humor in the mix

in all laws or programs you can't violate their constitutional rights ... is it a right to force people to not have children... that would be the real question ...not something you though up

but your party, the republican party, said they can't have protection... that protection was immoral and people love to screw like crazy weasels ... why do you think black mens units are so big ... here's why... when white people children were young they got toys to play with ... where black children ,well the became resourceful with their main toy... and big toy at that... little humor in the mix

in all laws or programs you can't violate their constitutional rights ... is it a right to force people to not have children... that would be the real question ...not something you though up

Who says we want them NOT to have protection? Most republicans just want them to pay for it thier damnselves. There is NO RIGHT to welfare, if you want money from the government, the government can impose conditions that prevent you from making yourself more of a burden on the state, and thus the taxpayers.

It is not forcing people to not have children, it is forcing them not to add to the problem when they are part of the problem. Once they can support themselves they can have at it.

Handouts should only be given to people who cannot work or can prove that they cannot get work. Giving money to the poor does not solve the problem, getting them work does.

Today's day and age, I find it highly suspect when folks say they can't work. The number of people on disability in this country is just insane. 14million people can't use a computer? Can do even basic tasks?

Program's need to be developed to teach such skills as using computers. High school for some students should consist of learning job skills, everyone is not going to college.

No one can possibly graduate from middle school without having basic skills in computers. I challenge you to find someone under the age of 50 that does not know how to use a computer.

Forum List

Back