Denver High School Shooting

Perhaps....part of the problem is that we have taken God out of the equation, even mocking him, and denying him.
After that, marriage doesn't have the same sanctity as it once did, which creates single parent families and all the
issues that are derived from that alone. Life has less meaning than it did 50 years ago.

It makes you wonder just what the hell happened over the last 50 years that caused that. We were lucky not having to grow up in the same environment kids have today.

We are the last generation of free-born Americans. The freedom we had as kids growing up, the world we knew, the trust and responsibility we enjoyed no longer exists and would be downright ILLEGAL now as we would be if we grew up that way now.

That freedom to explore our individuality and potential as SELF-DETERMINED individuals was the basis of the inventiveness, ingenuity and competitiveness which made America the greatest, best country that ever was, largely gone now--- destroyed and replaced with racial, sexual and social "equity," and the need to collaborate, share as part of a global community team.

It is no longer about winning the race but about how you run it, ever mindful that winning is not as important as letting those not as fast as you have an equal shot at the finish line so that it all evens out and there are no winners or losers.

We are the last generation of free-born Americans. The freedom we had as kids growing up, the world we knew, the trust and responsibility we enjoyed no longer exists and would be downright ILLEGAL now as we would be if we grew up that way now.

That freedom to explore our individuality and potential as SELF-DETERMINED individuals was the basis of the inventiveness, ingenuity and competitiveness which made America the greatest, best country that ever was, largely gone now--- destroyed and replaced with racial, sexual and social "equity," and the need to collaborate, share as part of a global community team.

It is no longer about winning the race but about how you run it, ever mindful that winning is not as important as letting those not as fast as you have an equal shot at the finish line so that it all evens out and there are no winners or losers.

As usual, you are spot on.

Perhaps....part of the problem is that we have taken God out of the equation, even mocking him, and denying him.
Exactly. Without a God, we are accountable only to those standards now which the State sets for us, and without an absolute higher ideal, that standard can be anything. Just so long as it serves the state. In effect, life becomes meaningless, cheap, and this is what kids, consciously or subliminally sense and/or miss. Without God, the world and life goes from a beautiful multi-dimensional garden of infinite possibilities to a flat 2-dimensional caricature drawing with few possibilities, all predetermined by someone else. But then, to someone who has never known steak, they just can't understand or mind just hamburger.

After that, marriage doesn't have the same sanctity as it once did, which creates single parent families and all the
issues that are derived from that alone. Life has less meaning than it did 50 years ago.
What is a marriage now? It can be absolutely anything under progressivism.
Marriage now is no longer an institution, it is just a name, a word, a label.
A legal disclaimer.

Wait what?
The student suspected in the shooting, who is under 18, was under a school safety plan in which he was patted down each day.....
Call me silly but if some kid has a pat-down order on him maybe he should not be allowed in school.....It's a privilege, not a right.

Not to mention just imagine how you would feel getting patted down every day at school? Empty your bags! Step through our scanner! What is that lump in your pocket?! When I was in grade school, I open carried a folding knife to school routinely no problem, and when in high school, we used to smoke openly in the classroom. I suppose that is why I have such a real aversion to being screened or anything today. I find it quite insulting to suggest that I cannot be trusted or that the basic first assumption is that NO ONE can be trusted as the basis of screening EVERYONE.

My buddy used to tell me that going to Israel, they could spot suspects and pull them out of the line at the airport to be screened because they knew what to look for. In our progressive society, TSA has no such skills and so screen everyone no matter how stupid and time-wasting because to actually screen INTELLIGENTLY would be deemed "discrimination."

Not to mention just imagine how you would feel getting patted down every day at school? Empty your bags! Step through our scanner! What is that lump in your pocket?! When I was in grade school, I open carried a folding knife to school routinely no problem, and when in high school, we used to smoke openly in the classroom. I suppose that is why I have such a real aversion to being screened or anything today. I find it quite insulting to suggest that I cannot be trusted or that the basic first assumption is that NO ONE can be trusted as the basis of screening EVERYONE.

My buddy used to tell me that going to Israel, they could spot suspects and pull them out of the line at the airport to be screened because they knew what to look for. In our progressive society, TSA has no such skills and so screen everyone no matter how stupid and time-wasting because to actually screen INTELLIGENTLY would be deemed "discrimination."
Young Brother was packin again

There is no law prohibiting idiots from leaving their guns in their vehicles overnight. It`s the fastest way around a background check. Nashville had reports of 625 guns taken from vehicles in 5 months. That`s only one city and only 5 months.

Nashville is one of the blue shitholes that wants to "defund" the police, so expect more of this.

Nashville is one of the blue shitholes that wants to "defund" the police, so expect more of this.
635 guns were stolen from cars in a 5 month period because someone wants to defund the police? Hopefully, you`re just pretending to be the village idiot because nobody can be that stupid.

"Hey I have a good idea! Let's post unarmed civilians at the door and pat down black teens for weapons. What could possibly go wrong"?

Said nobody ever. :laughing0301:

Male student shot 2 staff members at Denver high school before fleeing, officials say​

"A male student shot and wounded two faculty members at a Denver high school on Wednesday and then fled the scene, spurring a citywide search for his whereabouts, according to city officials.

The shooting at East High School was reported at about 9:50 a.m., and police and medical responders arrived on the scene “very quickly” to find two adult men with gunshot wounds, Denver Police Chief Ron Thomas said.

One faculty member is in stable condition, and the other is in critical condition, he said.

The student suspected in the shooting, who is under 18, was under a school safety plan in which he was patted down each day, the police chief said. During Wednesday’s search, a handgun was retrieved and several shots were fired in an office area in the front of the school, away from other students and staff, he said..."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/22/us/colorado-denver-school-shooting/index.html

The student then fled the school, and a search is underway for his whereabouts. The weapon has not been recovered, Thomas said.
He jogged out of there did he now ..

There is no law prohibiting idiots from leaving their guns in their vehicles overnight. It`s the fastest way around a background check. Nashville had reports of 625 guns taken from vehicles in 5 months. That`s only one city and only 5 months.

Then you support ending the stupid gun free zones that force normal gun owners to leave their guns in their vehicles when they want to do basic things like grocery shopping, right?

If people could keep their guns with them they wouldn’t leave them in their cars….

Also, twit……perhaps if a criminal is caught with a stolen gun they put him in jail for 20 years…….instead of releasing them on no cash bail…..two ideas right there that end the problem….but you don’t want the problem ended you simply want to punish gun owners…

The gun, and the child is just a symptom of the problem.
What IS the problem?

We have enough gun laws on the books, we don't need any more.
What IS the problem?

I have my own thoughts, but I'll wait to see other answers.

The student had significant behavior issues at other schools and was passed on. We have seen this before in tragic incidents. This is endemic.

The problem is our society is decaying, and the breakdown of the family, especially in minority communities, is a large part of that.

The problem is obvious. It's not the guns, its not the location, it is the SCHOOL, it is their progressive ideology and the removal of their basic human rights, freedoms and dignity that these kids instinctively are rebelling again being shoved down their throats as progs smother these kids with 24/7 control and restrictions on their actions, lives, even very thinking, just as an animal rebels against a cage no matter how pleasant the cage may seem.

No.

Some people have always hated school. A not insignificant number.

The behavior disorders come partly from lack of family structure and partly they seem biological. Some chemical stew in our environment

Think about how you would feel if you were being raised to believe your white race was the cause of all problems, that boys were girls and girls could be boys, that America was bad, had cameras on you everywhere you went, snitching was rewarded, where you could get thrown out of school and arrested with a police record for simple, boyish pranks or even playing cops and robbers, zero tolerance, where you were being told to keep secrets from your parents and not to trust them, had people monitoring your every word, action, thought and post on social media, using it against you, and where a federal case was made out of every little thing you said, thought or did as insane, progressive ideology was been rammed down your throat all day long.

If I had been put through that as a teen, I might have wanted to burn the whole school down as this crap is like oil and water to the human spirit conflicting directly with the instinctive sense of common sense and justice built into us by nature.

You realize the shooter is black

"The student suspected in the shooting was under a school safety plan in which he was patted down each day, "

Every student is patted down, or only certain students who are "under a school safety plan"?
"Hey I have a good idea! Let's post unarmed civilians at the door and pat down black teens for weapons. What could possibly go wrong"?

Said nobody ever. :laughing0301:

Male student shot 2 staff members at Denver high school before fleeing, officials say​

"A male student shot and wounded two faculty members at a Denver high school on Wednesday and then fled the scene, spurring a citywide search for his whereabouts, according to city officials.

The shooting at East High School was reported at about 9:50 a.m., and police and medical responders arrived on the scene “very quickly” to find two adult men with gunshot wounds, Denver Police Chief Ron Thomas said.

One faculty member is in stable condition, and the other is in critical condition, he said.

The student suspected in the shooting, who is under 18, was under a school safety plan in which he was patted down each day, the police chief said. During Wednesday’s search, a handgun was retrieved and several shots were fired in an office area in the front of the school, away from other students and staff, he said..."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/22/us/colorado-denver-school-shooting/index.html

The student then fled the school, and a search is underway for his whereabouts. The weapon has not been recovered, Thomas said.

Yeah, anyone patting people down for weapons should be armed. You can't have it both ways. If it's dangerous enough to be patting people down, you need trained armed officers.

"The student suspected in the shooting was under a school safety plan in which he was patted down each day, "

What is this school safety program? Everyone is patted down, or random, or only select bad actors? It doesn't make sense that this kid would carry, knowing he was going to be patted down.

Then you support ending the stupid gun free zones that force normal gun owners to leave their guns in their vehicles when they want to do basic things like grocery shopping, right?

If people could keep their guns with them they wouldn’t leave them in their cars….

Also, twit……perhaps if a criminal is caught with a stolen gun they put him in jail for 20 years…….instead of releasing them on no cash bail…..two ideas right there that end the problem….but you don’t want the problem ended you simply want to punish gun owners…
So more people carrying guns would prevent shootings. :laughing0301: :asshole:

I thought that by now, all schools would have gun detectors. Calling them "metal detectors" is PC nonsense. They`re not looking for car keys and loose change.

The problem is obvious. It's not the guns, its not the location, it is the SCHOOL, it is their progressive ideology and the removal of their basic human rights, freedoms and dignity that these kids instinctively are rebelling again being shoved down their throats as progs smother these kids with 24/7 control and restrictions on their actions, lives, even very thinking, just as an animal rebels against a cage no matter how pleasant the cage may seem.

If this is the case when why is it less than 1 percent of 1 percent of the students that do this sort of thing?

Forum List

Back