Dental coverage for Medicare users?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I've got a friend that is retired, has Medicare, and broke his lower set of false teeth.

Medicare only covers the Xrays and castings, they won't pay for the actual dentures.

He doesn't have any extra cash or other insurance. Are there any organizations or other ways he can try and get a new set of bottom dentures without having to pay thousands of dollars he doesn't have?

I've got a friend that is retired, has Medicare, and broke his lower set of false teeth.

Medicare only covers the Xrays and castings, they won't pay for the actual dentures.

He doesn't have any extra cash or other insurance. Are there any organizations or other ways he can try and get a new set of bottom dentures without having to pay thousands of dollars he doesn't have?
Not that I know of.......

And yes, Medicare should cover dental costs....

But what party is even talking about doing this?

Look around his area. Mine has a non-profit that does sliding fee medical services, including dental and psych services. The VA also has dental services, including dentures, if he was in the service.

Look around his area. Mine has a non-profit that does sliding fee medical services, including dental and psych services. The VA also has dental services, including dentures, if he was in the service.
Dental services are not free from the VA unless your service connected disability is 100%.

Instant Krazy Glue All Purpose-2 Grams

lol

Try your local senior center or meals-on-wheels .org. They can often point folks in the right direction (locally) on such matters.

Go ahead and laugh, I used that to close a gash over my left eye. It worked like a charm.
Don't know if you are familiar with red shop rags, but you want to be real careful with that stuff and not wipe it up with a red shop rag. Those rags are chemically treated and super glue gets real hot when they combine. Try it sometime with a small amount of super/krazy glue.

Don't know if you are familiar with red shop rags, but you want to be real careful with that stuff and not wipe it up with a red shop rag. Those rags are chemically treated and super glue gets real hot when they combine. Try it sometime with a small amount of super/krazy glue.

I haven't touched a shop rag since the 80's :)

Since the fellow is retired, he certainly has time to whittle his own dentures if he doesn't have the money or wants to take a loan out for dentist-made choppers.

I think a lot of people are buried with their dentures, is he handy with a shovel?

Forum List

Back