Dems Move To Ban 'Occupy' From 2012 Convention...

Good thing OWS is against democrats and republicans........Your point?
I wonder why they only visited Republican offices this week on Capitol Hill?

Because more and more people see the republican solution as worse than the problem.

Purposely funneling even more wealth up the food chain is finally beginning to look stupid to the majority.

Can I get an 'Amen!'?

Hey,i would love to see OWS crash the Democratic Party's big Party. It would be pretty funny. But i just don't think the Democrats will allow them the freedom to disrupt things. But i guess we'll see. Stay tuned.
It's probably a good time to buy some stock in pepper spray.

I hope they get a better batch of pepper spray...
I saw that video of those kids that got sprayed
like it was from a fire hose and those kids didn't seem affected
by it at all...I mean they sort of whimpered and whined a little bit
but they sort of just sat there. :D

We'll see just how much freedom the Democrats allow OWS at their big party. I'm not expecting them to allow much. They've already passed the new ordinances which will not allow OWS to 'Occupy.' Should be interesting.

Heard GE makes a hell of a Taser. Maybe Obama can give his "Jobs Czar" GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt a call to help him out on that?

From their website.

Two weeks ago we conducted an anonymous poll on this website to learn more about our visitors. We asked Héctor R. Cordero-Guzmán Ph.D, sociologist of the City University of New York to look at the data, which he analyzed to create an original academic paper titled "Mainstream Support for a Mainstream Movement".

His analysis shows that the Occupy Wall Street movement is heavily supported by a diverse group of individuals and that "the 99% movement comes from and looks like the 99%." Among the most telling of his findings is that 70.3% of respondents identified as politically independent.

Dr. Cordero-Guzmán's findings strongly reinforce what we've known all along: Occupy Wall Street is a post-political movement representing something far greater than failed party politics. We are a movement of people empowerment, a collective realization that we ourselves have the power to create change from the bottom-up, because we don't need Wall Street and we don't need politicians.]
70% of #OWS Supporters are Politically Independent | OccupyWallSt.org

We'll see just how much freedom the Democrats allow OWS at their big party. I'm not expecting them to allow much. They've already passed the new ordinances which will not allow OWS to 'Occupy.' Should be interesting.
That is fine, but I think it is obvious to everyone on this board who wants to really shut these people up. I see a lot of rightwingers on this board wanting to shut them up, not a lot of lefties. Says a lot.

That is fine, but I think it is obvious to everyone on this board who wants to really shut these people up. I see a lot of rightwingers on this board wanting to shut them up, not a lot of lefties. Says a lot.

I don't want to shut anyone up. I'm all for Freedom & Liberty. Protest away. But it is your fellow Democrats who are trying to shut them up at their Convention. And you're obviously having a hard time accepting this. Maybe it's time to blame dat BOOOOOOSH again? How bout it? Wada ya say? For old times sake.

I don't want to shut anyone up. I'm all for Freedom & Liberty. Protest away. But it is your fellow Democrats who are trying to shut them up at their Convention. And you're obviously having a hard time accepting this. Maybe it's time to blame dat BOOOOOOSH again? How bout it? Wada ya say? For old times sake.

It is pointless having a discussion with you.:lol:

Tell me again how you believe a man who has gone to prison with 13 different aliases, that is more entertaining Libo.

For the record, I don't want to shut them up. It's been a long time since we've had this much unintentional comedy to laugh at.

And rest assured, if the OWS tries to interrupt the Democratic convention, there will be some skull cracking going on. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

I'm with Luissa on this - and I HATE being this close to being identifiable as a 'democrat'.

Neither party seems to be interested in anything but the civil war being prosecuted by the entrenched leadership.

It is pointless having a discussion with you.:lol:

Tell me again how you believe a man who has gone to prison with 13 different aliases, that is more entertaining Libo.

Yea lets just blame Da BOOOOOSH for your Democrats trying to shut OWS down at their Convention. That's much easier for you huh? So...EEEEETZ DAT BOOOOOOOSH!!!! Feel better? Have a good night. Take care. :D

I'm still looking for a quote of text stating that the DNC is behind the city council being smart enough to plan for the future.

:dunno: I just don't see the DNC being that proactive.

I'm still looking for a quote of text stating that the DNC is behind the city council being smart enough to plan for the future.

:dunno: I just don't see the DNC being that proactive.

I am still trying to figure out where I said I was democrat.
The only party I have ever registered with was the Republican party.......It momentary lapse in judgment, but it is still the only party I have registered with. :lol:

Good thing OWS is against democrats and republicans........Your point?
I wonder why they only visited Republican offices this week on Capitol Hill?

Occupy Washington DC - Info | Facebook

Occupy K Street Lobbyists - Info | Facebook

Occupy Wall Street - Info | Facebook

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for World Revolution

Actually read what they are saying, and then we can talk.

Doesn't really address the point of why they only targeted GOP offices this week in DC.

I am shocked.
Princess Nancy was kissing their asses.
Everything was hugs and kisses as long as the OWS
crowd was ramping it up against perceived GOP targets...
I wanna see how the Dems handle this.
Unless this movement has run out of gas,or was just against the
GOP.
Hmm. Nancy flip-flopped? Did Cindy Sheehan join OWS or something? :eusa_shifty:

Nancy I don't think has even commented on this subject. ;)

Nancy Pelosi stands by Occupy Wall Street in  fundraising e-mail from DCCC  - New York Daily News

If you think the 'grassroots movement' she's talking about here is NOT OWS... then who is it?

Nancy Pelosi is standing up for Occupy Wall Street.

The former House Speaker wrote an email to potential donors on behalf of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee asking for financial support.

In the e-mail, obtained by the Washington Post on Tuesday, Pelosi cites a memo from a Washington lobbying firm, Clark Lytle Geduldig & Crandford that has proposed an $850,0000 plan to undermine Occupy Wall Street.

"If you need further proof that Congressional Republicans are putting big Wall Street banks before middle class families, look no further than an explosive memo prepared by former John Boehner staffers-turned-banking lobbyists," writes Pelosi.

The memo from the loybbying firm was obtained by MSNBC's "Up with Chris Hayes."

The California Democrat does not mention Occupy Wall Street by name, but details the plan as one to "attack and discredit grassroots citizen movements working to hold special interests accountable."

"The memo goes on to describe a Democratic victory in November as detrimental to Republican special interests.

“They know a Democratic Majority in Congress will fight for middle class families, and make sure that millionaires pay their fair share and close corporate tax loopholes," Pelosi adds, suggesting a contribution of $3 or more.

Hmm. Nancy flip-flopped? Did Cindy Sheehan join OWS or something? :eusa_shifty:

Nancy I don't think has even commented on this subject. ;)

Nancy Pelosi stands by Occupy Wall Street in *fundraising e-mail from DCCC* - New York Daily News

If you think the 'grassroots movement' she's talking about here is NOT OWS... then who is it?

Nancy Pelosi is standing up for Occupy Wall Street.

The former House Speaker wrote an email to potential donors on behalf of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee asking for financial support.

In the e-mail, obtained by the Washington Post on Tuesday, Pelosi cites a memo from a Washington lobbying firm, Clark Lytle Geduldig & Crandford that has proposed an $850,0000 plan to undermine Occupy Wall Street.

"If you need further proof that Congressional Republicans are putting big Wall Street banks before middle class families, look no further than an explosive memo prepared by former John Boehner staffers-turned-banking lobbyists," writes Pelosi.

The memo from the loybbying firm was obtained by MSNBC's "Up with Chris Hayes."

The California Democrat does not mention Occupy Wall Street by name, but details the plan as one to "attack and discredit grassroots citizen movements working to hold special interests accountable."

"The memo goes on to describe a Democratic victory in November as detrimental to Republican special interests.

“They know a Democratic Majority in Congress will fight for middle class families, and make sure that millionaires pay their fair share and close corporate tax loopholes," Pelosi adds, suggesting a contribution of $3 or more.

Um, I was talking about the subject of the thread. ;)

And I guess they did protest a democratic congressional fundraiser.

Last night, the protesters at Occupy D.C. marched on a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fundraiser in downtown Washington, D.C. The protesters were taking aim at the role of Big Money in politics, as the fundraiser “was charging from $5,000 to $75,000 for a seat,” certainly a price tag out of the range of the ordinary citizen. Watch video taken from the march:

Occupy DC invades Congressman Joe Walsh's office, vomits on floor - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

They protested there before going to Congress. ;)

puking is not what I would consider free speech.

From their website.

Two weeks ago we conducted an anonymous poll on this website to learn more about our visitors. We asked Héctor R. Cordero-Guzmán Ph.D, sociologist of the City University of New York to look at the data, which he analyzed to create an original academic paper titled "Mainstream Support for a Mainstream Movement".

His analysis shows that the Occupy Wall Street movement is heavily supported by a diverse group of individuals and that "the 99% movement comes from and looks like the 99%." Among the most telling of his findings is that 70.3% of respondents identified as politically independent.

Dr. Cordero-Guzmán's findings strongly reinforce what we've known all along: Occupy Wall Street is a post-political movement representing something far greater than failed party politics. We are a movement of people empowerment, a collective realization that we ourselves have the power to create change from the bottom-up, because we don't need Wall Street and we don't need politicians.]
70% of #OWS Supporters are Politically Independent | OccupyWallSt.org

So... OWS commissioned a study to prove they are not Dem or Rep... and what do you know? That's what the study showed!

That's like the Dems commissioning a study to prove they are smarter than Repubs, and the study showing exactly that... or the GOP commissioning a study to show they are smarter than Dems, and the study showing exactly that.

Forum List

Back