Demonizing the President

Yah, - why don't you post from the Onion, while you're at it.

I don't recall you complaining when John Adams called Jefferson blind, bald, crippled, and toothless. Did it bother you that Adams said he wanted to go to war with France, or when he accused him of importing mistresses from Europe? What about when he accused him of wanting to be king, and said he was trying to marry his son to the daughter of King George in order to build a dynasty? Or that he said that Jefferson would openly teach and practice murder, robbery, rape, and incest? He even accused him of wanting to impale children on a pike? He even got personal and said that Jefferson was the son of a half breed squaw.

He even threw in a comment about Hamilton being the creole bastard brat of a Scotch peddler. I don't recall a peep from you over that.

Did you object when Jefferson retaliated by saying Adams a hideous hermaphroditical character who had neither the force and firmness of a man nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman?

Historical context makes what is happening now seem like we are gathering around a campfire and singing Kumbaya.

Eric Boehlert needs to study some history, then he should come back and apologize for killing trees with his ignorance.
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

When it was Bush, it was 'legitimate criticism', when it's Obama it's 'demonizing'. Funny how that works. Free speech for me, but not for thee. The shining hypocrisy of the left.
Remember when dissent was patriotic?

Now it's treasonous.

It'll be patriotic again... when the GOP have the Presidency. Somehow, it's different then.
Somehow. It just is.

The left seems to have a habit of confusing their Presidents with the entire country.

The personal attacks on Obama are clearly the result of rightist dogma devoid of new ideas or constructive solutions.
To those who refuse to see the right's new ideas and constructive solutions, sure.

Go take a look at Harry Reed's desk. You'll see lots of bills signed by Republicans. Harry refuses to let them come up for discussion in the Senate, though. He's afraid they might work, and then the GOP would get the credit.

Party before country. Every time.

I'm having trouble with the bias of the article.

There's increasingly widespread agreement that Obama is a whiner who throws around blame to explain away his failures but it's wrong to use commonly understood vernacular to describe what he is doing?

If "crybaby" is the wrong word to describe Obama, what is a good word befitting the office of the presidency but which adequately conveys the observation of Obama's buck-passing way of dealing out blame?
"Hope and Change".

The personal attacks on Obama are clearly the result of rightist dogma devoid of new ideas or constructive solutions.
To those who refuse to see the right's new ideas and constructive solutions, sure.

Go take a look at Harry Reed's desk. You'll see lots of bills signed by Republicans. Harry refuses to let them come up for discussion in the Senate, though. He's afraid they might work, and then the GOP would get the credit.

When did you have a look at Harry Reed's desk?

The press did a disservice to the president early on by seeming to abdicate their role of objective reporting and of speaking truth to power.

Chris Matthews became the symbol of this phenomenon when he said that it was his job as a journalist to help the Obama administration be a success.

When the traditional watchdogs seemed to say they wouldn't be doing their jobs, we became watchdogs.

In addition to the natural partisan resistance anyone in the Oval Office will face, a significant portion of the resistance to Obama has been reaction to the people who were building him up as something tantamount to a savior before he had ever done anything. How many days was he in office before he was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize? Less than 12.

That was nauseating.

And then when we expressed any dissent - whether it was to items on Obama's agenda or whether it was an expression of disbelief as we looked out onto the sea of euphoric Obama supporters -- we were told our dissent arose from racism. And then we were angered.

Since that time we have been waiting for others to wake up, and finally they are. It's been very amusing (and frankly a relief) to watch more and more members of the mainstream media start to recant the hype they were responsible for spreading in 2008.
How DARE you not worship their little tin god! :mad:

Why would I read the whole article when the part you posted contains a lie?

It's not a lie and you know it. Based on what would you even make such a comment???

Based on the fact that interrupting presidents is a time honored tradition. This particular incident made the news because Obama actually lost his cool in public, something that has been rumored to happen in private a lot.
Wrong. WHITE Presidents have NEVER been interrupted.

Oh, wait...

Please, obama has had nothing compared to Bush and his administration
So vicious lies about Bush justify the same against Obama? One of the biggest problems with politics is payback.

Vicious lies are never justified, which is why Obama needs to be reminded that everyone who disagrees with him is not a racist. The man is a narcissist, and needs to be reminded that he is not a fracking god.

bodysnatchers1.jpg

Heretic!! Unbeliever!! Infidel!!

It really is the truth, L. You are one of the few half way reasonable conservatives on this site. To disagreee with policy is one thing, but the out and out hate and disrespect shown this president is just wrong.

To disagreee with policy is one thing, but the out and out hate and disrespect shown any president is just wrong.

Either you agree with this, or you are a hypocrite.

What say you, Rinata?

Okay, one last time. It is not acceptable to treat any president with disrespect. I did not wish GWB anything but success as our president. I never, ever wished him to fail, get hurt, or die. I did not approve of unkind stories about his wife and daughters. Laura Bush is a lovely woman and I really like her. The girls are very sweet, intelligent, and pretty. The policies adhered to by GWB in the WH had absolutely nothing to do with them.

I don't think GWB was a good president. But I still rooted for him and liked him at times. Like when he stood on the fire truck after 9/11 and when he dodged those shoes thrown at him. That was great!!! The thrower wasn't even close!!! I was surprised Bush could move that fast!!! And he was very cool about it. One of my favorite Bush moments.

President Obama deserves a lot better than he has been getting.
Did you post article after article decrying the irrational hatred shown by the left towards Bush?

No?

Well, then.

So vicious lies about Bush justify the same against Obama? One of the biggest problems with politics is payback.

Vicious lies are never justified, which is why Obama needs to be reminded that everyone who disagrees with him is not a racist. The man is a narcissist, and needs to be reminded that he is not a fracking god.
only right wing lunatics, who can't think for themselves say that Obama acts like or thinks he is god!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

yur being irrational and at this moment a real looney tune! you right wing nutjobs are funny, i'll give ya that! :rofl:

time to grow up quantum!
"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush

only right wing lunatics, who can't think for themselves say that Obama acts like or thinks he is god!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

yur being irrational and at this moment a real looney tune! you right wing nutjobs are funny, i'll give ya that! :rofl:

time to grow up quantum!

I agree. The president has never said anything about race, it's about respect or lack of with right wingnuts. You never get the same level of hatred from Lefties for Republican presidents. Of course we disagree but the level of disrespect and hatred is palpable among winger pundits. The Right supporters then use all of their talking points daily.
Do you really believe that nonsense?

When did you have a look at Harry Reed's desk?
15 Real Jobs Bills Stalled in the Senate | FreedomWorks

time to grow up quantum!

I agree. The president has never said anything about race, it's about respect or lack of with right wingnuts. You never get the same level of hatred from Lefties for Republican presidents. Of course we disagree but the level of disrespect and hatred is palpable among winger pundits. The Right supporters then use all of their talking points daily.

I believe she does, that's what cracks me up

time to grow up quantum!
"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush

man, some of those are barf worthy..
good gawd

I believe she does, that's what cracks me up
What makes it scary is she votes. :eek:

It really is the truth, L. You are one of the few half way reasonable conservatives on this site. To disagreee with policy is one thing, but the out and out hate and disrespect shown this president is just wrong.

To disagreee with policy is one thing, but the out and out hate and disrespect shown any president is just wrong.

Either you agree with this, or you are a hypocrite.

What say you, Rinata?

Okay, one last time. It is not acceptable to treat any president with disrespect. I did not wish GWB anything but success as our president. I never, ever wished him to fail, get hurt, or die. I did not approve of unkind stories about his wife and daughters. Laura Bush is a lovely woman and I really like her. The girls are very sweet, intelligent, and pretty. The policies adhered to by GWB in the WH had absolutely nothing to do with them.

I don't think GWB was a good president. But I still rooted for him and liked him at times. Like when he stood on the fire truck after 9/11 and when he dodged those shoes thrown at him. That was great!!! The thrower wasn't even close!!! I was surprised Bush could move that fast!!! And he was very cool about it. One of my favorite Bush moments.

President Obama deserves a lot better than he has been getting.

I had the same reaction when he dodged the shoes (I never saw the tape until it was posted here.)

I also did when I saw him interviewed with Mrs. Bush (I do not remember when or where) - but they had an obvious fond affection for each other that only comes with time.

Forum List

Back