Democrats try to ram through Puerto Rican Statehood bill before Jan 3rd

The political party strength in Puerto Rico has been held by different political parties in the history of Puerto Rico. Today, that strength is primarily held by two parties, namely:

The rest of the strength is held by three minority parties[2]

Yeah, they're democrats, which is why the dems want this.

Yes, tax the rich. Whenever there is money needed, tax the rich some more.

The problem is they add all this to our deficit and debt, and it doesn't change your life or mine so nobody really cares.

If we were to have a national consumption tax, you'd see how quickly the public would get interested in what these jokers are spending and on what. Let's say it's 10 cents for every dollar spent. This money would be exclusive to the deficit, and if there is anything left over, it goes towards paying off our debt.

Now, when the deficit exceeds what is collected with the consumption tax, we simply increase that tax. Funding the Ukrainian war, more green initiatives, free college or government payments, 87,000 new IRS agents, whatever. When they waste money for shit we don't need to be involved in, up goes the national consumption tax.

If we all had to pay (rich, poor, anybody in between) people would be outraged at having to fund this money the day a bill passes, and we the people would have control over all this excessive unnecessary spending.

The rich pay hardly any taxes relative to their incomes, that's what they pay politicians for; they just have you bullshitted into believing they pay more than their share is all. The working classes pay for everything, via low wages, poor health care, longer hours, and competing with criminal illegal aliens and overseas slave labor, so quit pissing on our legs and trying to tell us it's raining. These alleged 'Fair Tax' scams are just another ruse to push more taxes down to the working classes yet again, same as the idiotic campaign to claim corporate dividends are taxed twice, just forget the whole 'corporate personhood' scam and pretend it isn't two different 'persons' being taxed. If you want limited liability for every idiot who can file incorporation papers and use if as a license to steal then they can pay for that protection from their own lousy management decisions, i.e go to real laissez faire and hold shareholders as corporate owners personally responsible for the debts and bad management their companies incur and not run to bankruptcy courts to screw their debtors over, hiding behind legal fictions, then we can talk about who pays for what.

My bet is your so -called 'free trade' types squeal and run away from real competition like they always have; it's the upper classes who get the most in bennies and freebies, not working people who do most of the producing. They like just playing with little pieces of fiction like stocks and bonds and having the govt bail them out every few years when the bubbles they love to generate pop.

Last edited:
The rich pay hardly any taxes relative to their incomes, that's what they pay politicians for; they just have you bullshitted into beleiving they pay more than their share is all. The working classes pay for everything, via low wages, poor health care, longer hours, and competing with criminal illegal aliens and overseas slave labor, so quit pissing on our legs and trying to tell us it's raining.

So how are the rich not paying the taxes when statistics show that the top 20% of wage earners pay nearly 90% of all collected income taxes?

Thomas Sowell.jpeg

So how are the rich not paying the taxes when statistics show that the top 20% of wage earners pay nearly 90% of all collected income taxes?

View attachment 740178

First all they have all kinds of deductions and fake 'expenses' $8 an hour maids don't get, plus they have all kinds of scams involving off-shore incomes that avoid taxes as well as shielding them from paying losses out their personal wealth, so no, they aren't 'paying 90%' of anything. You like to avoid counting corporate 'persons' revenues and capital gains as income, of course.

View attachment 740178
They are talking percentage wise. I say, go ahead and let them. Let them raise taxes in the rich, hell, make it 70%, and NO loopholes or exceptions for their dem donors, and watch the dem donations dry up and rich people move their money out of the country.

The hypocrisy of the left is that they don't realize that THEIR rich members and their rich politicians are using the same deductions and loopholes as everyone else.

Zuckerberg, gates, buffet, they all use those same loopholes, just like all the politicians do, yet they still complain about it. Strange, I've never seen a democrat say "the government hasn't taken enough of my money, let me mail them a check"....

That's kinda contradictory, they don't want to be a state but they want all the rights and benefits of statehood.
I would say being represented in Congress is something that is a benefit of citizenship not state hood.

I would say being represented in Congress is something that is a benefit of citizenship not state hood.

First, Puerto Ricans are already considered to be US citizens, they can move and live in the United States freely and have full citizenship privileges even if they were born there, outside of the right to vote in general elections. Let's be clear about this: the democrats are not doing this for altruistic reasons, they want 2 extra senators in the US Senate that would very likely be democrats. Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional, if they believed those senators might be republicans, you wouldn't be hearing a peep out them about this.

Puerto Ricans want more than representation, they want to get increased disability benefits and Medicaid funding as well as an additional $10 billion per year in federal funds, higher Social Security and Medicare benefits, and a right for its government agencies and municipalities to file for bankruptcy, which is currently prohibited and is a big deal. PR is riddled with corruption and poverty and does not yet have a stable and effective gov't and IMHO they need to clean up their act before they can become a state.

First, Puerto Ricans are already considered to be US citizens, they can move and live in the United States freely and have full citizenship privileges even if they were born there, outside of the right to vote in general elections. Let's be clear about this: the democrats are not doing this for altruistic reasons, they want 2 extra senators in the US Senate that would very likely be democrats. Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional, if they believed those senators might be republicans, you wouldn't be hearing a peep out them about this.

Puerto Ricans want more than representation, they want to get increased disability benefits and Medicaid funding as well as an additional $10 billion per year in federal funds, higher Social Security and Medicare benefits, and a right for its government agencies and municipalities to file for bankruptcy, which is currently prohibited and is a big deal. PR is riddled with corruption and poverty and does not yet have a stable and effective gov't and IMHO they need to clean up their act before they can become a state.
I would argue that all US territory should have representation in Congress that actually gets to vote in Congress.

They have representation, In the form of delegates, But those delegates do not get a vote In Congress even though they're considered members.

And at the same time Washington DC does have delegates on the electoral college even though they're not state. That should apply to all US territories and not just Washington DC.

They are talking percentage wise. I say, go ahead and let them. Let them raise taxes in the rich, hell, make it 70%, and NO loopholes or exceptions for their dem donors, and watch the dem donations dry up and rich people move their money out of the country.

The hypocrisy of the left is that they don't realize that THEIR rich members and their rich politicians are using the same deductions and loopholes as everyone else.

Zuckerberg, gates, buffet, they all use those same loopholes, just like all the politicians do, yet they still complain about it. Strange, I've never seen a democrat say "the government hasn't taken enough of my money, let me mail them a check"....

Your comment reminds me of when GW gave a tax cut. He was giving a speech where he said some of the wealthy have told him they don't pay enough in taxes. To that I replied, the IRS accepts checks and money orders. He then created a site where people could donate to the federal government, and nobody sent anything.

First all they have all kinds of deductions and fake 'expenses' $8 an hour maids don't get, plus they have all kinds of scams involving off-shore incomes that avoid taxes as well as shielding them from paying losses out their personal wealth, so no, they aren't 'paying 90%' of anything. You like to avoid counting corporate 'persons' revenues and capital gains as income, of course.

Would you like a site or two that states you are wrong? Without those deductions they'd probably be paying close to 100%.

And again you are confusing payroll taxes with actual income taxes which nearly half of Americans don't pay a dime into. They are not the same thing.

First all they have all kinds of deductions and fake 'expenses' $8 an hour maids don't get, plus they have all kinds of scams involving off-shore incomes that avoid taxes as well as shielding them from paying losses out their personal wealth, so no, they aren't 'paying 90%' of anything
  • In 2019, taxpayers filed 148.3 million tax returns, reported earning nearly $11.9 trillion in adjusted gross income, and paid $1.6 trillion in individual income taxes.
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 25.6 percent average individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.5 percent).
  • The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers fell to 20.1 percent from 20.9 percent in 2018. The top 1 percent’s share of federal individual income taxes paid fell to 38.8 percent from 40.1 percent.
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.8 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.2 percent).

• In 2019, taxpayers filed 148.3 million tax returns, reported earning nearly $11.9 trillion in adjusted gross income, and paid $1.6 trillion in individual income taxes.
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 25.6 percent average individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.5 percent).
  • The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers fell to 20.1 percent from 20.9 percent in 2018. The top 1 percent’s share of federal individual income taxes paid fell to 38.8 percent from 40.1 percent.
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.8 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.2 percent).

The bottom 50 % shouldn't be paying income taxes at all, for on, and the rest of the rubbish doesn't mean squat. Iknow you wish it did, but it doesn't. PEople who have over 80% of the income need to pay 80% of taxes, and they don't, not even close. You shouls also use legitimate sources instead of a scam site.

The Tax Foundation was organized on December 5, 1937, in New York City by Alfred P. Sloan Jr., Chairman of the General Motors Corporation; Donaldson Brown, GM Financial Vice President; William S. Farish, President of Standard Oil Company of New Jersey (Exxon); and Lewis H. Brown, President of Johns-Manville Corporation, who later became the first chairman of the board of The Tax Foundation.[/b]

Citizens for a Sound Economy (CSE) (1984–2004) was a conservative political group operating in the United States. It was established in 1984 by Charles and David Koch of Koch Industries. Ron Paul was appointed as the first chairman of the organization. The CSE described itself as "hundreds of thousands of grassroots citizens dedicated to (1) free markets and limited government, and (2) the highest level of personal involvement in public policy activism."[citation needed]

''''

In 2002, the CSE designed its tea party movement website, though the movement did not take off until 2009.[1] In 2003, Dick Armey became the chairman of CSE after retiring from Congress.[2] In 2004, Citizens for a Sound Economy split into two new organizations, with Citizens for a Sound Economy being renamed as FreedomWorks, and Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation becoming Americans for Prosperity. Both organizations played key roles in the Tea party movement beginning in 2009.

They're about as 'objective' as my magic ducks who shit gold. They're just another Koch front and libertoon nutjobs.

Last edited:

And of course we have the lie yet again that they're paying '70% of their income in taxes', the usual load of bullshit. No wonder the GOP can barely get anybody elected.

There's an easy solution to stop overspending, and that is we all start paying for it when it's spent. But good luck finding leadership with the balls to actually do that.

These politicians, except the fiscal and constitutional conservatives, use the Fed. Res. as their money tree. Their unlimited credit card.
Which is why milk is $4 gallon. It's why $25K in the USA is not a poverty wage. It's why so many US companies outsource jobs to Mexico and China.

Will Puerto Rico be the next US state? Independence bill goes to US House vote today - as Dem representatives 'look forward to making history'

A bill to vote on Puerto Rico's status within the United States is headed to the house for a vote after being approved by a House committee on Wednesday.

The Puerto Rico Status Act will determine whether the island becomes a state, and independent nation, or a sovereignty associated with the US

Puerto Ricans could move a step closer to a referendum on whether the island should become a U.S. state when the House of Representatives votes Thursday on a bill outlining the process.

A House committee approved the Puerto Rico Status Act on Wednesday, paving the way for the full House vote. The bill was cosponsored by Representative Nydia Velazquez, a Democrat from New York.
The bill was also lead by Rep. Steny Hoyer, a Democrat from Maryland.

If the bill passes the House, it will need 60 votes in the closely divided Senate and Democratic President Joe Biden's signature to become law.

Puerto Rican independence bill goes to US House

No problem, we will just divide a red state up into four states.....Six new GOP Senators. ;)
If Puerto Rico wants that; They'll have to pay taxes. Up until now they get all the benefits and none of the taxpaying.

Let's see what they say. Not to discount the old school Boris that are awesome.

But them ain't whose in charge of there now.

I can't wait for the hilarity when those Puerto-Rican nationalists start bombing shit again. :laughing0301:
Obama let a Communist PR terrorist that blew up a restaurant full of people in NY go free.

This is Obama's 3rd and illegal term. The sooner he is hanged for treason and his crimes exposed the better off America will be. He doesn't care about you, or any Americans ever. He hates you and wishes to do you harm.

Last edited:
And of course we have the lie yet again that they're paying '70% of their income in taxes', the usual load of bullshit. No wonder the GOP can barely get anybody elected.
...I didn't say anyone was paying 70% of their income in taxes...I said they should raise the tax rate to 70%.....

The bottom 50 % shouldn't be paying income taxes at all, for on, and the rest of the rubbish doesn't mean squat. Iknow you wish it did, but it doesn't. PEople who have over 80% of the income need to pay 80% of taxes, and they don't, not even close. You shouls also use legitimate sources instead of a scam site.

The Tax Foundation was organized on December 5, 1937, in New York City by Alfred P. Sloan Jr., Chairman of the General Motors Corporation; Donaldson Brown, GM Financial Vice President; William S. Farish, President of Standard Oil Company of New Jersey (Exxon); and Lewis H. Brown, President of Johns-Manville Corporation, who later became the first chairman of the board of The Tax Foundation.[/b]

Citizens for a Sound Economy (CSE) (1984–2004) was a conservative political group operating in the United States. It was established in 1984 by Charles and David Koch of Koch Industries. Ron Paul was appointed as the first chairman of the organization. The CSE described itself as "hundreds of thousands of grassroots citizens dedicated to (1) free markets and limited government, and (2) the highest level of personal involvement in public policy activism."[citation needed]

''''

In 2002, the CSE designed its tea party movement website, though the movement did not take off until 2009.[1] In 2003, Dick Armey became the chairman of CSE after retiring from Congress.[2] In 2004, Citizens for a Sound Economy split into two new organizations, with Citizens for a Sound Economy being renamed as FreedomWorks, and Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation becoming Americans for Prosperity. Both organizations played key roles in the Tea party movement beginning in 2009.

They're about as 'objective' as my magic ducks who shit gold. They're just another Koch front and libertoon nutjobs.

PEople who have over 80% of the income need to pay 80% of taxes, and they don't, not even close.
Actually Dumbass, the top 10% of income earners pay 73% of the income taxes. Top 25% pay almost 90% of the income taxes.

Everyone should pay income taxes.
1671776845215.png

Forum List

Back