Democrats Now Spending Millions to Defend Senator Patty Murray From Tiffany Smiley in Washington State

SCOTUS didn't change the constitution. The 9th amendment has always been there. The 9th amendments soul existence is so that SCOTUS can determine rights based on the implied intent of the constitution. Just like the right to marry, travel and presumption of innocence.

The 9th was a compromise between the federalist and anti federalist when the bill of rights was being adopted...similar to the 10th amendment.

Don't take my word for it though, here is what James Madison had to say...

"It has been objected also against a bill of rights, that, by enumerating particular exceptions to the grant of power, it would disparage those rights which were not placed in that enumeration, and it might follow by implication, that those rights which were not singled out, were intended to be assigned into the hands of the general government, and were consequently insecure. This is one of the most plausible arguments I have ever heard urged against the admission of a bill of rights into this system; but, I conceive, that may be guarded against. I have attempted it, as gentlemen may see by turning to [his version of the amendment]."

Nice, you looked something up. Now show me where the word "abortion" or "murder" are listed as "non enumerated rights." The question was clearly addressed in the Declaration of Independence--they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Murder is illegal.

Forum List

Back