Democrats lie about recession

There’s a massive labor shortage. It’s unheard of to have a labor shortage during a recession. It doesn’t happen. Wages for the bottom earners has increased faster than anyone else’s.
It's a labor shortage for cheap labor and you don't want to get it.

Your prediction as to what will happen next cannot be a fact.

The biggest indication may be two quarters of negative growth, but it’s not the only indication. It’s not Biden’s definition you have a problem with, but the NBER. I guess you’re smarter than them.
No, I follow economist, you know the ones that did not say inflation was transitory, the ones that said new construction and housing sales would slow mid 2022, you know those guys. Indicators show a recession, you are ignoring them.

You’re not playing word games. It’s just gibberish and non sequitors
No, I am not. It is you spewing your false garbage that comes from your maters in an effort to deny the truth.

If you had to admit the truth, which is coming along with the recession, you would cry your little eyes out.

No, I follow economist, you know the ones that did not say inflation was transitory, the ones that said new construction and housing sales would slow mid 2022, you know those guys. Indicators show a recession, you are ignoring them.
Sure, sure you follow economists who state that housing and construction will slow with raising interest rates…seems simplistic and self serving.

What about ones that provide better analysis?

Sure, sure you follow economists who state that housing and construction will slow with raising interest rates…seems simplistic and self serving.

What about ones that provide better analysis?
Before every recession the yield curve on treasury notes inverts, in all of July the curve is inverted, that has signaled the last five recessions. It shows investors are getting wary. We are in a recession but it shouldn’t be too bad. But I’ll take my data over Biden followers that believe inflation was transitory and has not effect on a recession.

Far more significant is unemployment, or lack thereof. Unemployment has been at or around 3.6%, or full employment, for several months.
Another significant factor is job growth. ABC reports, "The nation's June jobs report showed that hiring has remained healthy, with employers adding 372,000 jobs last month."

Most important of all, because the American economy is based on consumer spending, consumer spending is solid. Consumer spending is healthy.
ABC reports, "American employers posted fewer job openings in June as the economy contends with raging inflation and rising interest rates.

"Job openings fell to a still-high 10.7 million in June from 11.3 million in May, the Labor Department said Tuesday. Job openings, which never exceeded 8 million in a month before last year, had topped 11 million every month from December through May before dipping in June."

Beats me what Americans are complaining about. Apparently, most are unaware that inflation is a by-product of prosperous times. Inflation would be licked by a recession, resulting in job losses and higher unemployment causing consumers to spend less. Recession is the only way inflation would subside. Is that what Americans want?

In the meantime, Biden gets poor marks for his handling of the economy. That is confusing as well.

ABC continued, "The job market has been resilient so far this year, and companies have complained that it is hard to fill open positions: Employers have added an average of 457,000 jobs a month in 2022; and unemployment is near a 50-year low. That is one reason many economists believe the economy is not yet in a recession."

“If the economy is rolling over, the labor market had apparently not gotten the memo yet as of the end of June,'' said Stephen Stanley, chief economist at Amherst Pierpont Securities. “A case could be made for slight moderation from an egregiously overheated state, but that is about as far as I would go in assessing labor market conditions.''

That is a proper assessment by an expert of our economic situation. Of course, it is the job of every Republican to be pessimistic about the American economy.

It is equally obvious that, under the circumstances, if Republicans were in charge, they would be clamoring about how great the American economy is.

Last edited:
ABC reports, "American employers posted fewer job openings in June as the economy contends with raging inflation and rising interest rates.

"Job openings fell to a still-high 10.7 million in June from 11.3 million in May, the Labor Department said Tuesday. Job openings, which never exceeded 8 million in a month before last year, had topped 11 million every month from December through May before dipping in June."

Beats me what Americans are complaining about. Apparently, most are unaware that inflation is a by-product of prosperous times. Inflation would be licked by a recession, resulting in job losses and higher unemployment causing consumers to spend less. Recession is the only way inflation would subside. Is that what Americans want?

In the meantime, Biden gets poor marks for his handling of the economy. That is confusing as well.

ABC continued, "The job market has been resilient so far this year, and companies have complained that it is hard to fill open positions: Employers have added an average of 457,000 jobs a month in 2022; and unemployment is near a 50-year low. That is one reason many economists believe the economy is not yet in a recession."

“If the economy is rolling over, the labor market had apparently not gotten the memo yet as of the end of June,'' said Stephen Stanley, chief economist at Amherst Pierpont Securities. “A case could be made for slight moderation from an egregiously overheated state, but that is about as far as I would go in assessing labor market conditions.''

That is a proper assessment by an expert of our economic situation. Of course, it is the job of every Republican to be pessimistic about the American economy.

It is equally obvious that, under the circumstances, if Republicans were in charge, they would be clamoring about how great the American economy is.
Under Obama we had a good economy, low inflation, under Clinton good economy, low inflation. The last time inflation was this high was during the 81-82 recession, so spare us your inflation is good BS.

I am wanting the economy to stay as strong as possible as do most Americans. The issue is there are economic indicators that show us we are in a recession.

Before every recession the yield curve on treasury notes inverts, in all of July the curve is inverted, that has signaled the last five recessions. It shows investors are getting wary. We are in a recession but it shouldn’t be too bad. But I’ll take my data over Biden followers that believe inflation was transitory and has not effect on a recession.
What you're saying is that we are not in a Recession YET

For once I agree with you

What about you guys? Acting like you aren't prejudice af.

Acting like this new Supreme Court isn't pushing a religious agenda only 30% of us agree with.

Trump lied more times than all the other presidents before him combined. They kept track and it was like 10 lies a day. R U Serious?

You may be right but Xiden topped the record on his first day in office.

I disagree with you we are there and numbers in September will show a continued decline.
Well...your post showed things that indicate that we are HEADING into a Recession...meaning we are not there now.

That may happen...but with strong job and unemployment numbers...we ain't there now

Well...your post showed things that indicate that we are HEADING into a Recession...meaning we are not there now.

That may happen...but with strong job and unemployment numbers...we ain't there now
And I disagree.

so spare us your inflation is good BS.
Quote me, where did I say inflation was good?

Trump Republicans do that a lot. They can't use what was said. So, they create what the poster said, then criticize the poster based on what they imagined.

You are wrong. We did experience inflation during the good economies under Obama and Clinton, both Democratic Presidents. However, the inflation was not as high as it is today.

The high inflation today was caused by the world-wide pandemic which in turn caused severe supply problems during peak consumer spending, and, of course, Russia's invasion of Ukraine causing energy issues. Obama and Clinton did not face similar problems.

Forum List

Back