Democrats hold struggling moms hostage in day care dilemma

Let me get this straight.... You want me to pay for your health care, your food, your housing, your utilities and now your health care? Am I your daddy?

But that's not what the thread is about. It's about a Democrat Governor who underfunded a give-away so he could intentionally run it out of funding in order to justify a tax increase.
Anywhere but government, that would be a crime, but it's OK with the Libs 'cause it's for the "chilluns".
Lets do a trade, I will pay for your healthcare, food, housing, cat, and even the baby next door - as long as you stop making me pay for perpetual wars, and never ending bailouts, that plunge America into trillions of debt. I don't think the 'left' is asking for much here.
we are not asking for you to pay our healthcare food, housing, cat, etc.
We are asking for you to pay it on your own.

Let me get this straight.... You want me to pay for your health care, your food, your housing, your utilities and now your health care? Am I your daddy?

But that's not what the thread is about. It's about a Democrat Governor who underfunded a give-away so he could intentionally run it out of funding in order to justify a tax increase.
Anywhere but government, that would be a crime, but it's OK with the Libs 'cause it's for the "chilluns".
Lets do a trade, I will pay for your healthcare, food, housing, cat, and even the baby next door - as long as you stop making me pay for perpetual wars, and never ending bailouts, that plunge America into trillions of debt. I don't think the 'left' is asking for much here.

I dont want the guy down the street road to be plowed. Can we do that also since yanno, taxes are all about you and not America?

two generations ago, you would have kissed the ground our troops walked on...and you most certainly would not have been willing to trade dollars for war for ANYTHING.
You guys just don't get it. All you have are talking points.
Not so long ago I would be in prison for protesting the first world war or Vietnam. But that America is long gone, thank goodness. And it is never coming back. I could kiss my grandfather, but I doubt he believed in war for wars sake - he fought to stop a war not create another, as warmongers in the weapons industry seek today.

You could learn a few things from Ron Paul, in your own party. Every day we go into the Middle East and meddle with things, it makes people hate America more, and creates more war.

Iraq was 'mission accomplished' as was Iran, after we couped the democratically elected govt and put the Shah in place - now we have an Iran that is a theocracy. What next, invade Iran, and create a shia version of ISIS?

Then the "left" should quit voting for wars and bailouts. Why don't you people start taking some goddamned responsibility for your actions?

I dont want the guy down the street road to be plowed. Can we do that also since yanno, taxes are all about you and not America?
You will have to ask the warmongers in this thread, as the govt won't be able to afford any plows after a war with Iran and Russia. You could borrow a shovel, but it might be made in China.

I a

Then the "left" should quit voting for wars and bailouts. Why don't you people start taking some goddamned responsibility for your actions?
I am not in the 'left' or 'right', and I didn't vote for the wars or bailouts - the reverse in fact. So do I think the 'left' and ' right' should stop bailing out, passing ACAs, starting wars, and meddling in parts of the world that hate us? Absolutely. ;)

Wars are necessary. Defence is the responsibility of government. Your food, housing and cat are YOUR responsibility. I don't know about the baby next door, but a DNA test would tell you for sure.
LINK
Since 1964 when the so called "Great Society" started, we have spent 22 trillion dollars on our failed "War on Poverty". That's $22,000,000,000,000 or 3 times as much as we've spent on all wars from the Revolution to present.
We've got a deficit approaching 17 trillion and we've spent a total of 7 trillion on wars and 22 trillion on social programs.

Your argument defies logic.

You have forgotten to include the more than 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities social programs have caused. That alone dwarfs all of our military spending, but the left will never admit it.
What programs?

Unless you are seriously suggesting food stamps and public education funding should be removed, and we should have let millions of Americans just starve to death under bridges - so we can join the third world.

Never

Never
N8N2NOq.jpg

Wars are necessary. Defence is the responsibility of government. Your food, housing and cat are YOUR responsibility. I don't know about the baby next door, but a DNA test would tell you for sure.
LINK
Since 1964 when the so called "Great Society" started, we have spent 22 trillion dollars on our failed "War on Poverty". That's $22,000,000,000,000 or 3 times as much as we've spent on all wars from the Revolution to present.
We've got a deficit approaching 17 trillion and we've spent a total of 7 trillion on wars and 22 trillion on social programs.

You have forgotten to include the more than 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities social programs have caused. That alone dwarfs all of our military spending, but the left will never admit it.
What programs?

Unless you are seriously suggesting food stamps and public education funding should be removed, and we should have let millions of Americans just starve to death under bridges - so we can join the third world.

What a fucking drama queen. The Department of Education has been nothing but a very expensive white elephant, it's cost almost 2 trillion dollars since its inception and given us nothing in return, unless you think lower test scores, lower graduation rates and dumber students are good things. We no longer have enough people employed to cover the cost of social security and we're dipping into the trust fund which is increasing government debt and between SS, medicare and medicade there are trillions in unfunded liabilities. They won't crush the country today but the day of reckoning will come.

LINK

What programs?

My dad and his 3 brothers sold apples on Man Street during the depression. One brother had polio. His father worked a full time job and worked a farm, My grandmother took in laundry. There were no food stamps or government subsidized health care. Minimum wage? Hell people worked for whatever they could and as hard as they could because there was a line outside the door waiting to take a low paying job
Johnson's "Great society has taken our former, truly great society and has turned it into a nation of people looking for hand outs.
22 trillion on the war on poverty and there's twice as many living in poverty as there were 50 years ago.

LINK

What programs?

What a fucking drama queen. The Department of Education has been nothing but a very expensive white elephant, it's cost almost 2 trillion dollars since its inception and given us nothing in return, unless you think lower test scores, lower graduation rates and dumber students are good things. We no longer have enough people employed to cover the cost of social security and we're dipping into the trust fund which is increasing government debt and between SS, medicare and medicade there are trillions in unfunded liabilities. They won't crush the country today but the day of reckoning will come.
Given nothing? Doubt that. Millions were educated that otherwise couldn't afford to go to school or get any kind of formal education. If there is a 'day of reckoning' it will be when every public school is shut down, and only rich kids can go to school.

LINK

What programs?

My dad and his 3 brothers sold apples on Man Street during the depression. One brother had polio. His father worked a full time job and worked a farm, My grandmother took in laundry. There were no food stamps or government subsidized health care. Minimum wage? Hell people worked for whatever they could and as hard as they could because there was a line outside the door waiting to take a low paying job
Johnson's "Great society has taken our former, truly great society and has turned it into a nation of people looking for hand outs.
22 trillion on the war on poverty and there's twice as many living in poverty as there were 50 years ago.
I had to work hard for everything, as did my parents, and their parents before them. But that doesn't mean I want other people to go through hardship, if it can be eased by government programs.

I could see ways to reform it, probably the best way is through education grants and housing for the homeless and struggling poor. I can agree with you that the programs are mis-managed, but solely on that basis it isn't enough justification to remove a life line.

Assuming that such cuts are carried out are equivalent to what happened under Pinochet's government, poverty would skyrocket from 'shock therapy' and the debt would still be there.

Cuts if they are to occur would have to take place slowly over decades, not all at once as proposed by the GOP. Otherwise there would be little time for the economy and people to adjust, and it would plunge America back into recession - as it has to some nations in Europe.

LINK

What programs?

Given nothing? Doubt that. Millions were educated that otherwise couldn't afford to go to school or get any kind of formal education. If there is a 'day of reckoning' it will be when every public school is shut down, and only rich kids can go to school.

Bullshit, states had public schools long before the DOE and would have continued had it never been invented.

LINK

What programs?

Food stamps and the rest of Johnsons "Great Society are why we're in the situation we are.
My father had 3 brothers. One had polio. The 3 healthy brothers sold apples and vegetables from their garden. Their dad worked a full time job and ran a small farm. Their mother took in laundry.
There were no food stamps or subsidized health care. If someone offered you a job, you went to work. No minimum wage, no OSHA. You worked for what was offered or the next guy in line got to feed his family.
We've been waging a war on poverty for 50 years. We've spent 22 trillion dollars and have half again as many people living in poverty. We haven't obliterated poverty, but we've done a bang up job on incentive.
We've spent more in this fruitless effort than we have in all wars in our history and we're going on 18 trillion in debt, yet Liberals blame the deficit on "Bush's wars" when it's LBJ's "war" that is to blame.

LINK

What programs?

I had to work hard for everything, as did my parents, and their parents before them. But that doesn't mean I want other people to go through hardship, if it can be eased by government programs.

I could see ways to reform it, probably the best way is through education grants and housing for the homeless and struggling poor. I can agree with you that the programs are mis-managed, but solely on that basis it isn't enough justification to remove a life line.

Assuming that such cuts are carried out are equivalent to what happened under Pinochet's government, poverty would skyrocket from 'shock therapy' and the debt would still be there.

Cuts if they are to occur would have to take place slowly over decades, not all at once as proposed by the GOP. Otherwise there would be little time for the economy and people to adjust, and it would plunge America back into recession - as it has to some nations in Europe.
I see nothing wrong with life lines, though I have a Constitutional problem with funding charity with taxes. I'm a pretty generous guy, but I prefer to have a say in who gets my time and money.

The problem is that our social programs are not a life line. For too many they are a life style.

Democrats in the Illinois General Assembly intentionally underfunded a program to help poor families pay for daycare so that it would run out of money in January and help them make the case for higher taxes. They don't care about poor people. They are merely pawns used to get them more power.

According to a memo from the current governor's office, the Quinn administration instructed the agency to operate as though it was fully funded, "despite knowing full well that doing so would create a funding shortfall in the second half of the fiscal year." The speculation is that Quinn expected to win re-election and pass a tax increase.

Democrats hold struggling moms hostage in day care dilemma - Chicago Tribune
what a bunch of assholes

they all should be thrown out of office

and possibly charged with crimes of extortion and other rico crimes

Forum List

Back