Democrats furious as video of Buttigieg saying nice things about Tea Party emerges

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
TREASON!
TAR AND FEATHERS!
BENEDICT ARNOLD!
FIRING SQUAD!
Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg faced some strong criticism online after a 2010 video of him speaking at an Indiana state Tea Party event resurfaced this week, with critics of the South Bend mayor accusing him of “sidling up to racists” and saying he’s “absolutely done.”

In his remarks to the group, which came during his unsuccessful 2010 run for Indiana state treasurer, Buttigieg discussed how he understood the economic concerns of the Tea Party voters and candidates.

“There are some, especially in my party, who think that the Tea Party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Republican Party,” Buttigieg said at the time. “But there are many others who believe that the Tea Party is motivated by real concerns about the direction of our government and the responsiveness of our government to citizens—and above all, a frustration with business as usual. That is what motivated me to run,” he continued. “And so, while we may come from often very different perspectives, I believe we might have a lot in common on that front.”

Responding to the resurfaced clip, Jodi Jacobson, an editor and analyst, called the clip “unreal.”

“@PeteButtigieg literally sidling up to racist Tea Partiers. And he’s got it wrong: @GOP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tea Party,” she tweeted.

Democrats furious as video of Buttigieg saying nice things about Tea Party emerges.

TREASON!
TAR AND FEATHERS!
BENEDICT ARNOLD!
FIRING SQUAD!
Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg faced some strong criticism online after a 2010 video of him speaking at an Indiana state Tea Party event resurfaced this week, with critics of the South Bend mayor accusing him of “sidling up to racists” and saying he’s “absolutely done.”

In his remarks to the group, which came during his unsuccessful 2010 run for Indiana state treasurer, Buttigieg discussed how he understood the economic concerns of the Tea Party voters and candidates.

“There are some, especially in my party, who think that the Tea Party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Republican Party,” Buttigieg said at the time. “But there are many others who believe that the Tea Party is motivated by real concerns about the direction of our government and the responsiveness of our government to citizens—and above all, a frustration with business as usual. That is what motivated me to run,” he continued. “And so, while we may come from often very different perspectives, I believe we might have a lot in common on that front.”

Responding to the resurfaced clip, Jodi Jacobson, an editor and analyst, called the clip “unreal.”

“@PeteButtigieg literally sidling up to racist Tea Partiers. And he’s got it wrong: @GOP is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tea Party,” she tweeted.

Democrats furious as video of Buttigieg saying nice things about Tea Party emerges.

The more I read your threads the more I see a fat waddling tubbo at the supermarket checkout line paging through the National Enquirer, tsk-tsking about what Jackie O was wearing last week.

How old are you, seriously? Is this really your best stuff?

TREASON!
TAR AND FEATHERS!
BENEDICT ARNOLD!
FIRING SQUAD!

Lol conservatives shocked after seeing somebody behave like an adult

AWESOME! this is why i cant run for office!

EJ3mLMEXUAEJLBa

Last edited:
when a small town mayor is more civil than your president, you know something's wrong!

Although less publicized positions like court-packing and third-trimester abortion may make high-information voters balk, on marquee issues such as healthcare and foreign policy, Buttigieg checks all the right boxes for the moderately liberal electorate

Forum List

Back