Democrats' Big 2020 Problem

There were many "undeclared" in 2015 but were thinking about it....

So, how many of the front runners in 2014/15 ended up with the nomination?
It does not have to be a billionaire, but it will be someone not being talked about now, that is how it almost always happens.
Hillary was the favorite over Obama.
McCain was the favorite over Bush II.
Hell, in 1990 just about nobody knew who Bill Clinton was and he sure was not being talked about as a contender.
Being the front runner 2 years out is the kiss of death, too long for your enemies on both sides to attack you.

The front runners have name recognition and not much else. Trump had no political organization, but quickly developed the "never-Trumpers" with his abrasive winning style. In 2016 IMHO the pissed-off Bernie voters cost Hillary the election. I know that if I was a Bernie voter and the super-delegates robbed my candidate I'd vote for the opposition just for spite. In 2024 there may be a backlash against an establishment "never-Trumper" republican, I know I will never vote for any never-Trumper, ever.

The dems still have the "super-delegates" so whoever the party bosses say wins will win. Its not like an open fair voting process.
Actually, Bernie Sanders lost the super delegates
He also lost the popular vote
He lost the most regular delegates
And he lost the most states

But keep telling the lie that he was robbed

Biden is a child molester
Only Trump has been sued for child rape..
The suit was dropped because it was purely an election stunt.
The suit was filed before Trump even announced he was running for president. Try again.

It was obviously bogus. Who cares. Someone else will have to try again. You see what’s happening to the loonies that made stuff up about Kav, right. Maybe we can look forward to some Don tweets about it soon. I would like to see her picture if you have it though. The one now, not at 13 please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will always bring up this Trump whenever Trumpers make false allegations against Biden. The fact is Trump was sued. Whether you believe the allegations or not, is up to you. Just seems strange to me the suit was dropped soon after Trump was elected.

Yeah, once the value of the allegations was past....they didn't seem to really care if they got justice or not.

Makes you wonder if they were really looking for it to begin with.

Only Trump has been sued for child rape..
The suit was dropped because it was purely an election stunt.
The suit was filed before Trump even announced he was running for president. Try again.

It was obviously bogus. Who cares. Someone else will have to try again. You see what’s happening to the loonies that made stuff up about Kav, right. Maybe we can look forward to some Don tweets about it soon. I would like to see her picture if you have it though. The one now, not at 13 please.

I will always bring up this Trump whenever Trumpers make false allegations against Biden. The fact is Trump was sued. Whether you believe the allegations or not, is up to you. Just seems strange to me the suit was dropped soon after Trump was elected.

Yeah, once the value of the allegations was past....they didn't seem to really care if they got justice or not.

Makes you wonder if they were really looking for it to begin with.

You know they weren’t.

Lots of Democrats in USMB, in the media, and lots of other places have been saying just wait till 2020. Kind of like in major league baseball, the old saying used to be "wait till next year", after a team lost the world series.

Well, the Democrats can huff and puff all they want about Trump's approval rate, or any of his various scandals in whatever levels of truth or transparency. But the bottom line for Democrats in the next presidential election, is a big problem for them. That is that >> THEY DON'T HAVE A CANDIDATE.

In a new (Nov. 5-6) Hill.TV American Barometer poll, which surveyed 680 registered voters who identified themselves as Democrats or Independents, found that "none of the above" was the most popular choice among potential 2020 challengers to President Trump.

30% of the sample said they would prefer that "none of the above" become the Democratic nominee when asked to choose among former Vice President Joe Biden, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D), Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I), New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker (D), California Sen. Kamala Harris (D), former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

25% of respondents said Biden would be their preferred nominee. Sanders, who ran in the Democratic presidential primary in 2016, came in second with 18%. Other candidates attracted even less support, with Cory Booker coming in last at 3%.

And all this is in contrast to an approximately 90% approval rate from Republicans for President Trump, setting up a Spring 2020 without any Republican primary, with Republicans sitting on the sidelines watching the Democrats beating each other to pulps in primary debates, while taking notes. That is, if the Democrats come up with anybody to actually run in those primaries. :biggrin:

‘None of the above’ tops list of potential 2020 Dems, poll shows

Just reading through your first couple of paragraphs, I will remind you that no one knew who Obama was in 2006.
Chew on that for awhile.

lol

Yeah, like their "big problem" in 2018.
Their blue wave didn't happen.

40 seats in the House, 7 governorships and 6 statehouses...that is not a bad wave at all.

And a bunch of Republican judges in Harris County, Texas where Houston, the third largest city in the U.S., lost their elections too.

17 black women elected as judges in one Texas county make history - CNNPolitics

This is what the righties are ignoring as best they can.

The fact that on a county level, the blue wave was huge.

Lots of Democrats in USMB, in the media, and lots of other places have been saying just wait till 2020. Kind of like in major league baseball, the old saying used to be "wait till next year", after a team lost the world series.

Well, the Democrats can huff and puff all they want about Trump's approval rate, or any of his various scandals in whatever levels of truth or transparency. But the bottom line for Democrats in the next presidential election, is a big problem for them. That is that >> THEY DON'T HAVE A CANDIDATE.

In a new (Nov. 5-6) Hill.TV American Barometer poll, which surveyed 680 registered voters who identified themselves as Democrats or Independents, found that "none of the above" was the most popular choice among potential 2020 challengers to President Trump.

30% of the sample said they would prefer that "none of the above" become the Democratic nominee when asked to choose among former Vice President Joe Biden, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D), Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I), New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker (D), California Sen. Kamala Harris (D), former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

25% of respondents said Biden would be their preferred nominee. Sanders, who ran in the Democratic presidential primary in 2016, came in second with 18%. Other candidates attracted even less support, with Cory Booker coming in last at 3%.

And all this is in contrast to an approximately 90% approval rate from Republicans for President Trump, setting up a Spring 2020 without any Republican primary, with Republicans sitting on the sidelines watching the Democrats beating each other to pulps in primary debates, while taking notes. That is, if the Democrats come up with anybody to actually run in those primaries. :biggrin:

Just reading through your first couple of paragraphs, I will remind you that no one knew who Obama was in 2006.
Chew on that for awhile.

Not quite true, Obama was a rising stat in 06, but he was never talked about as anything more than a VP as it was "too soon".

Friend of mine, a female attorney, and a Dem, won a seat in Congress. When Trump was elected she said enough was enough and she was going to run.
She did and she won.
Lots of that happening.

Chew on that for awhile.

Not quite true, Obama was a rising stat in 06, but he was never talked about as anything more than a VP as it was "too soon".

He gave the keynote speech at the 2004 DNC but I don't remember much more buzz about him until the early spring of 2007.
And he sure as hell didn't make the news on Fox, and that's what I am referring to.

Chew on that for awhile.

He gave the keynote speech at the 2004 DNC but I don't remember much more buzz about him until the early spring of 2007.
And he sure as hell didn't make the news on Fox, and that's what I am referring to.

you are 100% correct. He was not in the conversation about being the nominee at all in 2006

lol

Yeah, like their "big problem" in 2018.
Their blue wave didn't happen.

40 seats in the House, 7 governorships and 6 statehouses...that is not a bad wave at all.

And a bunch of Republican judges in Harris County, Texas where Houston, the third largest city in the U.S., lost their elections too.

Texas Politics is getting interesting

It does not have to be a billionaire, but it will be someone not being talked about now, that is how it almost always happens.
Hell, in 1990 just about nobody knew who Bill Clinton was and he sure was not being talked about as a contender.
Being the front runner 2 years out is the kiss of death, too long for your enemies on both sides to attack you.

The front runners have name recognition and not much else. Trump had no political organization, but quickly developed the "never-Trumpers" with his abrasive winning style. In 2016 IMHO the pissed-off Bernie voters cost Hillary the election. I know that if I was a Bernie voter and the super-delegates robbed my candidate I'd vote for the opposition just for spite. In 2024 there may be a backlash against an establishment "never-Trumper" republican, I know I will never vote for any never-Trumper, ever.

The dems still have the "super-delegates" so whoever the party bosses say wins will win. Its not like an open fair voting process.

He thinks he was robbed:

Donna Brazile is totally not sorry for leaking CNN debate questions to Hillary Clinton

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/superdelegates-hillary-clinton-nomination/index.html
"My problem is that the process today has allowed Secretary Clinton to get the support of over 400 superdelegates before any other Democratic candidate was in the race," Sanders told CNN's Jake Tapper Sunday on "State of the Union." "It's like an anointment."

He thinks he was robbed:

Donna Brazile is totally not sorry for leaking CNN debate questions to Hillary Clinton

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/superdelegates-hillary-clinton-nomination/index.html
"My problem is that the process today has allowed Secretary Clinton to get the support of over 400 superdelegates before any other Democratic candidate was in the race," Sanders told CNN's Jake Tapper Sunday on "State of the Union." "It's like an anointment."

He thinks he was robbed:

Superdelegates: How CNN's count put Clinton over the top - CNNPolitics

He knew the rules before the joined the game, this was not anything new.

Hillary had all those Super delegates in 2008 and Obama was able to get them away from her by winning primaries. The super delegates are not locked in till the day of the convention.

He thinks he was robbed:

You may have a complaint if superdelegates put HIllary over the top

They didn’t

HIllary won the popular vote, most states and most regular delegates

He thinks he was robbed:

They didn’t

Debbie ugly kept resources from Bernie

He thinks he was robbed:

They didn’t

And? Both parties do that. The party has every right to have a favorite. Do think the GOP gave Carly the same resources it gave Jeb?

He thinks he was robbed:

They didn’t

Who?

You mean the woman Republicans tried to kill?

EARTH TO WF2020: Democrats rule the big cities. Republicans rule the suburban and rural areas. So sure, they're always going to win elections in the cities. The key for smart people is >> Don't live there.

Forum List

Back