Democrats Are Rushing Through A Massive Ukraine Defense Bill

Not one inch of Ukrainian soil (or any of the other bordering pissant countries) is worth one drop of a US serviceman’s blood or a US taxpayer’s dollar.
And all this money the Democrat government is rushing over there, how much money have they ADDED to “secure” the US/Mexico border? I checked yesterday on DHS website for yearly comparison, and there has been a major DHS funding reduction by Biden’s bumblers from the year before, 2019/20 significantly reduced since Trump. It’s telling for sure about priorities and adds to the numerous Biden handler warped policies.

Go to page 21 of the following documents for budget breakdown annual comparison for DHS budget for southern border security. I couldn’t get the chart to paste and copy here.

Back on topic- let Europe step up. The countries that rely on Russian oil, for instance Germany. I understand their need to stay out of it, primarily because of their short-sighted decision to do away with their own 4 fuel plants, but what idiot decided Russian oil was a safe bet?

Last edited:
D019057D-7254-401D-87CA-6C56BF70D1E4.jpeg

Democrats Are Rushing Through A Massive Ukraine Defense Bill

The House of Representatives is looking to skip markup and hold a floor vote as soon as next week.

25 Jan 2022 ~~ By Sara Sirota
DEMOCRATS IN THE House of Representatives are planning to expedite a massive bill that would dramatically increase U.S. security assistance to Ukraine and lay the groundwork for substantial new sanctions on Russia — hastening a war-friendly posture without opportunity for dissent as concerns over a military invasion abound.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., told members on a caucus call Tuesday that she’s looking to skip marking up the bill and move it straight to the House floor, setting up the possibility of a vote as soon as early next week, two congressional sources told The Intercept. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they’re not authorized to talk to the press. Pelosi’s office did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
~Snip~
Republicans have offered their own measures. Earlier this month in the House, Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, the lead Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, introduced the Guaranteeing Ukrainian Autonomy by Reinforcing its Defense Act, a companion bill to a measure sponsored by Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chair Jim Risch, R-Idaho. The bill would give Ukraine $450 million from the State Department’s FMF account and impose sanctions related to the Nord Stream 2 project immediately, without waiting for an escalation as in the Democrats’ bill.
McCaul’s office did not reply to a request for comment on whether he would support Meeks’s bill. The White House endorsed the legislation that Menendez released weeks ago.

Commentary:
Those who think Congress won’t fund a Ukrainian insurgency are whistling in the dark.
Meanwhile, our 46th president and his Democrat ideologues ignore the crisis at our own border.
Obviously, Democrats believe that the borders of the Ukraine are more sovereign than the borders of America.
More than 140,000 illegal aliens crossed into America for the month of January, that's more than the number of Russians amassing at the Ukraine border and these illegals didn't need tanks, or massive weapons of war to do it Biden and his crew have given them the green light.

I have nothing against Ukraine.

One of my sister in laws is Ukrainian, in fact. I have drank in Ukrainian clubs and have a lot of respect for their magnificent and tremendous country.

However, unless and until America can secure its own borders, it is a misappropriation of funds to help any country- even a fantastic one like Ukraine- defend theirs.

Commentary:
Those who think Congress won’t fund a Ukrainian insurgency are whistling in the dark.
Meanwhile, our 46th president and his Democrat ideologues ignore the crisis at our own border.
Obviously, Democrats believe that the borders of the Ukraine are more sovereign than the borders of America.
More than 140,000 illegal aliens crossed into America for the month of January, that's more than the number of Russians amassing at the Ukraine border and these illegals didn't need tanks, or massive weapons of war to do it Biden and his crew have given them the green light.

That you consider a bunch of guys who want to do the crappy jobs Americans don't want to do the moral equivalent of an invading army, says a lot.

Frankly, I think we shouldn't be involved in this mess between the Ukraine and Russia, but Biden is screwed no matter what he does. If he ignores Putin's aggression, the Republicans will call him weak. If he gets us involved, the Republicans will all act like a fucking hippy drum circle.

Fuck Germany. I am sick of them. They lived the life of luxury for 50 years because we footed the bill for their defense AFTER they started two world wars, and now they have an old Commie slut running the dump
Let the Russians have the fuckers. Fuck'em.
Merkel is no longer Chancellor. and has not been since December.. Please try and stay current!

Doc7505
Can't say I give a shit about the Ukraine. They should have a massive bill to stop illegals, who cost us billions each year, from getting into the US. That's more important to the American tax payer than the Ukraine. Good Lord. What a pack of idiots.
Why should we have a massive bill to stop illegals? The Democrats in the Biden administration would simply ignore it!

And all this money the Democrat government is rushing over there, how much money have they ADDED to “secure” the US/Mexico border? I checked yesterday on DHS website for yearly comparison, and there has been a major DHS funding reduction by Biden’s bumblers from the year before, 2019/20 significantly reduced since Trump. It’s telling for sure about priorities and adds to the numerous Biden handler warped policies.

Go to page 21 of the following documents for budget breakdown annual comparison for DHS budget for southern border security. I couldn’t get the chart to paste and copy here.

Back on topic- let Europe step up. The countries that rely on Russian oil, for instance Germany. I understand their need to stay out of it, primarily because of their short-sighted decision to do away with their own 4 fuel plants, but what idiot decided Russian oil was a safe bet?
Claire they did not close fuel plants. They closed NUCLEAR plants. They get natural gas from Russia, not oil. That's the purpose of NordStream 1 and II. NordtSream II is not operating yet.

Forum List

Back