Democrat foreign policy

You have no prove of that:cuckoo:

Sure I do. The Republicans say every day that we can't afford healthcare reform. So, how in the world could we afford a missile defense shield in Poland and CZ?

Read the Constitution kook:cuckoo: the defense of this country is in there not health care:clap2:

I agree. However, we have defended this country (as per the Constitution) without a missile defense shiled since it's inception. Why do we need one we cannot afford now?

Sure I do. The Republicans say every day that we can't afford healthcare reform. So, how in the world could we afford a missile defense shield in Poland and CZ?

What would the missile shield cost? What would healthcare ala Obama cost? Can the goals of the missile defense be met any other way? (Answer no). Can the goals of Obama's health care reform be met any other way? (Answer, yes).

yeah yeah - so show me where the constitution says it is our responsibility to protect ANY foreign county. Then all you constitutional literalists who think this was a BAD move can stop squirming and treipping over your rhetoric

What would the missile shield cost? What would healthcare ala Obama cost? Can the goals of the missile defense be met any other way? (Answer no). Can the goals of Obama's health care reform be met any other way? (Answer, yes).

in your opinion....

To date, we have spent over $62 billion on the system, which by the way, still does not work. Why do we need a site in Poland or CZ in order to protect the US, anyway?

Read the Constitution kook:cuckoo: the defense of this country is in there not health care:clap2:

I agree. However, we have defended this country (as per the Constitution) without a missile defense shiled since it's inception. Why do we need one we cannot afford now?
Because the landscape of nuclear threats (and proliferation) post Cold War has drastically changed.

Because the landscape of nuclear threats (and proliferation) post Cold War has drastically changed.

Is this going to be another one of those WMD threads?

The goals of the missile defense system CAN be met with the smaller, lighter mobile units that Obama has endorsed. Can the goals of the healthcare reform be met another way? Maybe. Show me a plan to meet all those goals for less money and we can talk.

Is going to be another one of those WMD threads?
Not at all. You are correct that we have an effective defense system in place to address threats from Russia and China. That whould be expected as they were part of the Cold War. I don't think anyone can deny the new threats in a post Cold War world - North Korea (not relevant to this particular system), Pakistan, Iran (likely soon), for example.

To date, we have spent over $62 billion on the system, which by the way, still does not work. Why do we need a site in Poland or CZ in order to protect the US, anyway?
VaYank, you keep saying it doesn't work and that's simply not true. It does work. It does not have the kill-rate of other systems at this time.

no evidence to suggest that Iran has long-range abilities anywhere in there future - like building an air conditioner in antarctica "just in case" - it was a foolish waste of money and Bush alienated most of the world by bull-headedly hammering it through.

Good riddance - yet another good call from Obama

BTW OZZ - you come up with that section of the constitution pertaining to defense of foriegn lands yet ????

Such a missle defense would be better placed in Azerbajan because it would serve both Europe and the Middle East(like Israel)--That was suggested to Bush and he refused to listen because it came from Putin.....And I thought they hit it off so well.

By the way.... Has anybody considered the lunacy that must be embedded in the Iranian government in order to send nuke tipped Missles over Russia? Without their consent??

Europe would not need to retaliate....There would be no Iran to strike!!

Last edited:
no evidence to suggest that Iran has long-range abilities anywhere in there future - like building an air conditioner in antarctica "just in case" - it was a foolish waste of money and Bush alienated most of the world by bull-headedly hammering it through.

BTW OZZ - you come up with that section of the constitution pertaining to defense of foriegn lands yet ????
Not now, but they are developing and making good progress. Taking an ostriche apporach to that is not wise.

Not now, but they are developing and making good progress. Taking an ostriche apporach to that is not wise.

NOPE, we now know that this alleged "progress" was a figment of someone'[s imagination. Probably got the "intel" by torturing someone - and we've all seen how worthless intel is when gathered that way.

Taking a "Holy Shit! We are all gonna die" approach is equally unwise. So tell me, the most recent threats against the US came in the form of domestic aircraft. How would this missile defense shield have protected us against them if it was actually functional?

The goals of the missile defense system CAN be met with the smaller, lighter mobile units that Obama has endorsed. Can the goals of the healthcare reform be met another way? Maybe. Show me a plan to meet all those goals for less money and we can talk.

Are you an expert in missile defense/strategy that you can make such a statement? Have you read an article by someone qualified to make that judgment?
House Bill 3400.

Taking a "Holy Shit! We are all gonna die" approach is equally unwise. So tell me, the most recent threats against the US came in the form of domestic aircraft. How would this missile defense shield have protected us against them if it was actually functional?

Why do you think the next threat will come from terrorists hijacking airliners? It is far more likely it will come from either N.Korea or Iran. Evaluating likely threats and taking appropriate preventive action is the job of the president. A job that is woefully beyond the capability of the current incumbent.

NOPE, we now know that this alleged "progress" was a figment of someone'[s imagination. Probably got the "intel" by torturing someone - and we've all seen how worthless intel is when gathered that way.

Nodog, you do make a good point. How accurate is the intelligence report on this matter. We never had a chance to get to the bottom of the matter....and to think there are people that will try to keep anyone from investigating any questionable actions coming from the government.

Forum List

Back