Demand for black linguistic justice

...and on a related point, why have "we" not named English as the official language of the United States?

Seriously.

I'm not necessarily against it...but what's the point? What will it accomplish? I have more important things to worry about rather formalities.

We DEMAND that:

1. teachers stop using academic language and standard English as the accepted communicative norm, which reflects White Mainstream English!
  2. teachers stop teaching Black students to code-switch! Instead, we must teach Black students about anti-Black linguistic racism and white linguistic supremacy!
  3. political discussions and praxis center Black Language as teacher-researcher activism for classrooms and communities!
  4. teachers develop and teach Black Linguistic Consciousness that works to decolonize the mind (and/or) language, unlearn white supremacy, and unravel anti-Black linguistic racism!
  5. Black dispositions are centered in the research and teaching of Black Language!
------------------------

What do blacks want? English is no good for them?
We will provide them with a map to the African Continent.
The question is...who will take over sweeping the floors and taking out the garbage?

Apparently, we DO need an official language. In order to be NATURALIZED in this country, you have to be conversant in English...

Not to a very high degree, and there is NO requirement to speak English at all to be a natural born citizen, nor is there any requirement to maintain any degree or incremental improvement in English. Otherwise, we would have thrown Jitler out long ago. There IS however, a requirement on the part of the government to provide due process and equal protection under the law, as well as to ensure equal voting rights. Then there's the First Amendment and all that stuff about freedom of speech and all. Well, you get the idea.
We spend tens of millions of tax dollars every year on a dozen languages.
We need English to be official, and that's that.

Apparently, we DO need an official language. In order to be NATURALIZED in this country, you have to be conversant in English...

Not to a very high degree, and there is NO requirement to speak English at all to be a natural born citizen, nor is there any requirement to maintain any degree or incremental improvement in English. Otherwise, we would have thrown Jitler out long ago. There IS however, a requirement on the part of the government to provide due process and equal protection under the law, as well as to ensure equal voting rights. Then there's the First Amendment and all that stuff about freedom of speech and all. Well, you get the idea.

No, that’s not that. The Bill of Rights is that.

Do you approve of taxes for every cause that is not explicitly included by the Bill of Rights?

It takes a very special sort of dedication to be in this country for several generations and still be incapable of learning the language.

Heck, just about every other group gets it down in a single generation.
No, they don't.
Yes indeed they most absolutely do and I know many personally.

It takes a very special sort of dedication to be in this country for several generations and still be incapable of learning the language.

No, they don't.
Yes they do.
It's the ones who want the US to become an extension of their native country that simply refuse to.

Freedom of speech does not mean having to shove every language on earth down our throats.
Hiring people with a specialty in a particular language is 10s of million of dollars more efficient than printing signs in every language under the sun.
I know lots of families that have 1 family member out of 100 that only speaks their native language and that's usually Italian, German or Polish and the rest of the family is more than happy to translate without handing the bill over to the entire nation.

Do you approve of taxes for every cause that is not explicitly included by the Bill of Rights?
The Bill of Rights does explicitly protect freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech does not mean having to shove every language on earth down our throats.

It does mean that the government can't tell any American what language to speak.

It does not guarantee anyone has to pay for translating your foreign language.

No, they don't.
Yes they do.

Nope. Usually at least two generations. Trust me.
I don't have to trust you, I know way more people than you and have met way more people than you.
Only Spanish speaking people refuse to learn English.
The good thing is that almost every Jewish employer knows how to speak Spanish.

The Constitution called and asked me to tell you that you are wrong.

No, they don't.
Yes they do.

I don't have to trust you, I know way more people than you and have met way more people than you.

:lmao: Highly unlikely. Highly. :lmao:

Now I know why you are the sole jurist on the US Supreme Court.

No, they don't.
Yes they do.

:lmao: Highly unlikely. Highly. :lmao:
Uh huh.

Now I know why you are the sole jurist on the US Supreme Court.
Do you know what happens when someone who does not speak English is on trial?

Forum List

Back