Dem Activist Sues To Prevent Alaska State Rep Eastman (R-Wasilla) From Public Office Due To Ties With The Oath Keepers (1st Amend Case)

What the fuck do you call taking over half a city and ejecting the government from it, dumbass libtard?
Shut up idiot. They did not overturn the government of Seattle. They did not try to overturn a free and fair election.

You smoosh brained cult freaks did. Get it straight.

There are many reasons nobody outside of your embarrassing little cult buys your retarded talking points.

At issue is whether Eastman’s affiliation with Oath Keepers is sufficient to disqualify him from holding any public office in Alaska. The Alaska Constitution’s loyalty clause bars individuals from holding office if they belong to a group that “advocates the overthrow by force or violence of the United States or of a State.”

Ironically, The Oath Keepers are a group which has sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution, such as military, police, and first responders. You can read about them in their own words here:

The case of Alaska State Rep. David Eastman is bizarre and unprecedented, but it isn’t complicated. Put simply, left-wing activists are trying to trample the First Amendment and disenfranchise voters in Eastman’s district by asking a judge to rule him ineligible to hold office in the state.

Why? Because Eastman, 41, is a conservative. So are his constituents in Wasilla who recently elected him to a fourth term. If freedom of speech and association mean anything, Eastman should win his case easily. But the fact that he has to fight in court for the right to represent the people who elected him, and to clear his good name, is a testament to the relentless efforts of the left to criminalize the views of their political opponents and slander them as insurrectionists.

The details of Eastman’s ordeal almost defy belief. This week, a trial began in Anchorage to determine whether the Alaska lawmaker’s association with the Oath Keepers disqualifies him from holding office on the grounds that his alleged membership in the organization runs afoul of the Alaska constitution’s loyalty oath, which bars individuals from holding office if they belong to a group that “advocates the overthrow by force or violence of the United States or of a State,” or if they themselves advocate the same. A second part of the suit demands that the Alaska Division of Elections conduct assessments of every candidate’s loyalty to the Constitution so that voters will only be able to vote for candidates whose views have been officially approved by the state’s election bureaucracy.

Judge has allowed lawsuit to proceed, even though plaintiff is not a voter in District 27. Judge says plaintiff has standing because plaintiff is an Alaskan. Order here:

Whatever happens in his case, the fact that Eastman has been hauled into court should stand as a warning to every conservative: The left intends to criminalize dissent, to declare some political opinions beyond the pale, and some votes more equal than others.
Did he participate in the J6 Insurrection?

Or not?

He should own up to his actions.

Just beware of what is going on here. My theory is that The left will try to equate any statement they can with support for "insurrection", they will use this to try and disqualify and remove as many republican representatives as they can, in hopes they can take back the house.

Shut up idiot.

Fuck you. Eat shit and die.

They did not overturn the government of Seattle.

No, they merely ejected it.

They did not try to overturn a free and fair election.

They didn't HAVE an election, you shit for brains lying progtard scumbag.

You smoosh brained cult freaks did. Get it straight.

Fuck you, shit for brains.

Go fllng your feces elsewhere.

There are many reasons nobody outside of your embarrassing little cult buys your retarded talking points.

Fuck you, you retarded jackass.

You don't know the first fucking thing about cults, and you sure as hell don't know diddly about me.

Go fuck yourself, asswipe.

Did he participate in the J6 Insurrection?

Or not?

He should own up to his actions.
I think you missed the point. He had nothing to do with Jan 6th. It is his affiliation which is being used as a reason to prevent him from serving for office, in the guise of being a member of a group which wishes to overthrow the US gov't.

He simply holds a lifetime membership to the Oath Keepers.

Next the Dems will come for NRA members. :)

Just beware of what is going on here. My theory is that The left will try to equate any statement they can with support for "insurrection", they will use this to try and disqualify and remove as many republican representatives as they can, in hopes they can take back the house.
Did he support the Insurrection or not?

Come on truth toilet poster.

I don't see a standing to sue here. I may not like the guy but he won and the arguments don't seem to support the official position of the Oath Keepers. While some may make the claim stated of this guy it doesn't appear to be any official policy.

What a freakish paranoid fantasy.

Did he support the Insurrection or not?

Come on truth toilet poster.
According to that article, it doesn't say. All it says is he is a member of the oathkeeprs and that the oathkeepers have about 38000 loosely associated members.

I know...next you're going to say "but he was a member!!". That doesn't mean he supported what happened that day. If you read other articles, it says that Eastman joined oathkeepes back when it started, long before J6 happened.

However, my comment was more about the US house as a whole, and those 34 names they came out with allegedly supporting "insurrection". It's just my theory but, they will try to.drag them into doj criminal referrals as a way to try and get them ejected from congress, that way they become the majority again.

Just a theory though.

I just read recently released documents show there may be as manny as 300 undercover DHS and former DHS members embedded with the Oathkeepers.

So how do the Dem activists know whether Eastman has ties to undercover Oathkeepers or actual Oathkeepers?

:uhh:

I took an Oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Unlike your Oath Keepers, I kept the Faith.

Sux to be on the wrong side of History, doesn't it? You're going to spend the rest of your life trying to justify the Insurrection. You are doomed to failure. :itsok:
Most of the enemies of this country occupy congress and the senate and are a clear and present danger to the country through their reckless foreign and domestic policies.

Forum List

Back