Zone1 DEI Bullshit, on Steroids

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

It is a good thing I read the linked article before having breakfast. I surely would have barfed up my oatmeal before finishing.

This is the most nauseating manifestation of the idiocy of DEI I have ever seen. Evaluating STEM professor applicants on their diversity score - or whatever they call it. If I were a taxpayer in Ohio, I would do everything I could to highlight this bullshit and DEMAND that the legislature put an end to it, as well as firing any University officials who had anything to do with these policies.

And one might also consider, when this institution comes hat-in-hand to ask for more subsidies from the Ohio taxpayers, ask them if they have purged this bullshit from their campi, which is the least they should do in order to remove a colossal waste of money.

And this one institution in one state. How much money is being wasted on this bullshit, nation-wide? How badly has "higher education" been compromised with the hiring of unqualified BIPOCs and women, to satisfy these de facto mandates?

Why do whites like you have a problem with DEI?

Personal responsibility. Merit over bullshit. Level playing field so everybody should compete equally.

Only a racist thinks BIPOCs can't compete, eh?

Personal responsibility. Merit over bullshit. Level playing field so everybody should compete equally.

Only a racist thinks BIPOCs can't compete, eh?
Yes only a racist thinks thst whites aren't hired and promoted because of color. Only a racist thinks thaat only whites are hired based on merit. It is my personal responsibility to challenge racist opinions like yours.

It is a good thing I read the linked article before having breakfast. I surely would have barfed up my oatmeal before finishing.

This is the most nauseating manifestation of the idiocy of DEI I have ever seen. Evaluating STEM professor applicants on their diversity score - or whatever they call it. If I were a taxpayer in Ohio, I would do everything I could to highlight this bullshit and DEMAND that the legislature put an end to it, as well as firing any University officials who had anything to do with these policies.

And one might also consider, when this institution comes hat-in-hand to ask for more subsidies from the Ohio taxpayers, ask them if they have purged this bullshit from their campi, which is the least they should do in order to remove a colossal waste of money.

And this one institution in one state. How much money is being wasted on this bullshit, nation-wide? How badly has "higher education" been compromised with the hiring of unqualified BIPOCs and women, to satisfy these de facto mandates?
My wife just retired from U of Az and it's exactly the same here. I'm sure this is SOP at all the major colleges and especially the IVY's.

Billions are spent on DEI every year.

You know who I want to do any given task? I want whoever the best is at it. I don’t care what color they are. But…. Meritocracy is racist also.

“We live in a society of an imposed forgetfulness, a society that depends on public amnesia.”
-Angela Davis

You can credit Angela Davis‘s ancestors with her success. Shes got colonizer’s privilege. Everything she has is because her ancestors stole it from Native Americans.

Forum List

Back