Defective Used Cars Often Sold Despite Recalls

539w.jpg

If one of these cars belonged to a relative who checked his/her recalls, would you think that relative got what they deserved because the other driver didn't check his car out? THINK!!!!

539w.jpg

If one of these cars belonged to a relative who checked his/her recalls, would you think that relative got what they deserved because the other driver didn't check his car out? THINK!!!!
What were the recalls on these two vehicles? Did the unfixed recalls cause the accident?

Do you have a link to the story?

539w.jpg

What were the recalls on these two vehicles? Did the unfixed recalls cause the accident?

That picture was chosen randomly for effect. Do I have to show an actual picture of a similar accident caused by an unfixed recall? Use your imagination. Since THAT might be too much to ask of you... here is a link that reports more than 300 deaths caused by faulty transmissions in Ford cars in the past. Just pretend the picture I submitted was one of those.

People too stupid to put a transmission in Park? They shouldn't be driving.

Note: I had one of the affected cars. 20+ years old and with close to 180,000 miles, it never had the problem!

539w.jpg

That picture was chosen randomly for effect. Do I have to show an actual picture of a similar accident caused by an unfixed recall? Use your imagination. Since THAT might be too much to ask of you... here is a link that reports more than 300 deaths caused by faulty transmissions in Ford cars in the past. Just pretend the picture I submitted was one of those.

So you admit to being a drama queen and lie to try to make a point, thanks for that.

Why didn't the Democrats tackle this issue back in 1981 when they had control of the
House and Senate? Not sure why you need to blame a political party, in 2009, when the Dems controlled the House and the Senate, it didn't seem important to them then. Maybe because you didn't alert them.

So you now want a law to make it illegal to do what, sell a car that has been recalled?

Because as far as I know, most dealers check out all the recalls on vehicles they take in, even used car dealers are doing the same, it cost them nothing and makes a great selling point. When you purchase a car maybe we can make it a law that the buyer fix all the recalls within a few days of buying the car.

I just was notified this week I had a recall on my car, when I call the dealer, he said it was taken care of when they changed my oil and fixed two other recalls.

You could make it illegal to take your car to be fixed or oil changed at a non-dealer and make the dealer responsible.

Or we could ban cars altogether. That would take care of the issue.

People too stupid to put a transmission in Park? They shouldn't be driving.

Note: I had one of the affected cars. 20+ years old and with close to 180,000 miles, it never had the problem!

Here we go, blaming the victims! There was a defect involved here; not operator error. And, just because YOUR car didn't have a problem doesn't mean the defect didn't exist in millions of other similar models. The Vin of your vehicle might not have been on the recall list and was not affected.

Now, did you notice how Ford initially handled this event? The did not repair the problem. Ford simply mailed out warning labels for owers to place on their dashboards warning of the possibility of said defect. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

WAIT! Back up! (literally). Here we potentially have millions of cars that when an attempt to put the transmission in park is made, the defect causes the car to drive backwards. Can you imagine the scene at the crowed WALMART parking lot when that happened? And , I'm sure it did numerous times.

Where were the insurance companies on this? They protested in vain. I can understand why.... It was the Reagan Era!

539w.jpg

So you admit to being a drama queen and lie to try to make a point, thanks for that.

Why didn't the Democrats tackle this issue back in 1981 when they had control of the
House and Senate? Not sure why you need to blame a political party, in 2009, when the Dems controlled the House and the Senate, it didn't seem important to them then. Maybe because you didn't alert them.

So you now want a law to make it illegal to do what, sell a car that has been recalled?

Because as far as I know, most dealers check out all the recalls on vehicles they take in, even used car dealers are doing the same, it cost them nothing and makes a great selling point. When you purchase a car maybe we can make it a law that the buyer fix all the recalls within a few days of buying the car.

I just was notified this week I had a recall on my car, when I call the dealer, he said it was taken care of when they changed my oil and fixed two other recalls.

You could make it illegal to take your car to be fixed or oil changed at a non-dealer and make the dealer responsible.

You didn't read how Ford handled that transmission recall did you? They didn't fix them, they mailed out warning labels.
According to the article, Ford whined it would have been too costly to fix the defect on every car that had them. Reagan's deregulation and corporate protectionism was oozing onto the political horizon back then and the democrats just didn't have enough wind in their sails to do anything about it. And, apparently they still don't. After all, the anti-trust laws that Ray-gun's administration struck down are still in place as are many of his de-regulation initiatives.

Today, from reading some of the responses here, recalls are handled much better than they were when Reagan was president.Obama's people may or may not have some influence there. I really don't know. But there is still much to be done.
Now, to address your hardline obstinacy and insulting demeanor, I couldn't care less what you think. I took time to depict my concerns about vehicle defects and recalls to include a graphic. Had I drawn an accident by hand ;out of my head, it would have had the same effect. The accident IN THE photo might,indeed ,have been caused by a recalled defect, I don't really know. Can you prove it wasn't? The point is that often... businesses, marketers and others use illustrations to make a point although the illustration may not be of an actual occurrence, but who cares? We don't call people liars who use such tools to get sales or to get points across; especially when the depiction honestly represents that point.

539w.jpg

You didn't read how Ford handled that transmission recall did you? They didn't fix them, they mailed out warning labels.
According to the article, Ford whined it would have been too costly to fix the defect on every car that had them. Reagan's deregulation and corporate protectionism was oozing onto the political horizon back then and the democrats just didn't have enough wind in their sails to do anything about it. And, apparently they still don't. After all, the anti-trust laws that Ray-gun's administration struck down are still in place as are many of his de-regulation initiatives.

Today, from reading some of the responses here, recalls are handled much better than they were when Reagan was president.Obama's people may or may not have some influence there. I really don't know. But there is still much to be done.
Now, to address your hardline obstinacy and insulting demeanor, I couldn't care less what you think. I took time to depict my concerns about vehicle defects and recalls to include a graphic. Had I drawn an accident by hand ;out of my head, it would have had the same effect. The accident IN THE photo might,indeed ,have been caused by a recalled defect, I don't really know. Can you prove it wasn't? The point is that often... businesses, marketers and others use illustrations to make a point although the illustration may not be of an actual occurrence, but who cares? We don't call people liars who use such tools to get sales or to get points across; especially when the depiction honestly represents that point.

No need, you are a drama queen, I get it. No need to keep bringing it up.

So when did they Ford recall their vehicles? 1989? 1993? Just wondering, who made them recall their vehicles.

539w.jpg

So when did they Ford recall their vehicles? 1989? 1993? Just wondering, who made them recall their vehicles.
Look, Bahs-turd, I've answered enough of your stupid questions. Read the article I linked to if you want more. Got it?

Look, Bahs-turd, I've answered enough of your stupid questions. Read the article I linked to if you want more. Got it?

Ok, you want to play the name calling game cool by me you fucktard. You are blaming the Republicans and it was under Reagan they did the recall dumbshit. It's a fact asshole that the fucking dip shit Democrats held the House and the Senate and did nothing about your cause? Why? I know turds like you fuck around and make excuses why the Democrats didn't do this or that, play the pussy victim role as an excuse for doing nothing. What is funny, is ass wipes like yourself eager to suck the Dems cocks and fall for it every-time.

Now you fucking whiney ass bitch, I'm done with your ass. Got it? Bitch.

Ok, you want to play the name calling game cool by me you fucktard. You are blaming the Republicans and it was under Reagan they did the recall dumbshit. It's a fact asshole that the fucking dip shit Democrats held the House and the Senate and did nothing about your cause? Why? I know turds like you fuck around and make excuses why the Democrats didn't do this or that, play the pussy victim role as an excuse for doing nothing. What is funny, is ass wipes like yourself eager to suck the Dems cocks and fall for it every-time.

Heh heh heh! I finally got to you...... You are pitiful and I feel sorry for you. Heh heh heh! Try anger management or wrap a wet towel around your head... get help~!

Heh heh heh! I finally got to you...... You are pitiful and I feel sorry for you. Heh heh heh! Try anger management or wrap a wet towel around your head... get help~!

You are the idiot that started the name calling, like I said you want to play games I'm all for it.

And don't feel sorry me, I have it good, I take car of my recalls instead of whining and crying about it.

You are pissed because you have made no case for a recall law, instead you sound like a twit that bought a lemon of a car and are crying about it.

You are the idiot that started the name calling, like I said you want to play games I'm all for it.

And don't feel sorry me, I have it good, I take car of my recalls instead of whining and crying about it.

You are pissed because you have made no case for a recall law, instead you sound like a twit that bought a lemon of a car and are crying about it.

The idiot that started the name calling is YOU. Is "drama queen' a term of endearment? Only a churlish bahs-turd would start hurling insults to get his/her point across. If that's your game, I'll let you play it all by yourself.

BTW, I don't buy used cars, at all...only new ones. I am concerned that some one driving a used car with recall defects might kill or injure me...or HORRORS ,even worse, damage my expensive vehicles. I'd much rather have them run into you or your vehicle. You seem to be rather cavalier abut the whole thing, so maybe you get what YOU deserve.

The idiot that started the name calling is YOU. Is "drama queen' a term of endearment? Only a churlish bahs-turd would start hurling insults to get his/her point across. If that's your game, I'll let you play it all by yourself.

BTW, I don't buy used cars, at all...only new ones. I am concerned that some one driving a used car with recall defects might kill or injure me...or HORRORS ,even worse, damage my expensive vehicles. I'd much rather have them run into you or your vehicle. You seem to be rather cavalier abut the whole thing, so maybe you get what YOU deserve.

Again you are signing off? I don't care if you pretend to buy new cars or pretend to buy expensive vehicles. Nice to know you would want me to die. Awfully cavalier of you.

I am not sure what you want, I asked you and you get irritated.

I think you are a troll, now troll along.

We just can't have government protecting us from everything. Sometimes we actually have to take some personal responsibility when we research a used car.
You can go to Carfax and search for used cars. Every car on that site has a free carfax report.
I was looking at a used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder and when I clicked the Carfax report I saw it was a LEMON buyback. The dealer wasn't hiding anything. It was right there.
Carfax is a LOT cheaper than another government agency!

We just can't have government protecting us from everything. Sometimes we actually have to take some personal responsibility when we research a used car.
You can go to Carfax and search for used cars. Every car on that site has a free carfax report.
I was looking at a used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder and when I clicked the Carfax report I saw it was a LEMON buyback. The dealer wasn't hiding anything. It was right there.
Carfax is a LOT cheaper than another government agency!

I am not asking the government to protect us from everything. I just don't want to leave it up to individual buyers to make those critical Carfax checks on their own. If the buyer was just putting him or herself at risk by not using Carfax (poor people might not have the funds for Carfax} I might agree with you. However, it doesn't take a genius to see that the risk to innocent people who might not even own a car is far central to my premise. Kids riding bicycles, pedestrians or people in other cars all could fall victim to the potential deadly force of a 2000+ bomb on wheels capable of moving at speeds exceeding 75 Mph

One more time, read carefully: checking for and correcting recalls COSTS NOTHING. Checking takes 5 minutes.

Agreed! But tell that to the driver of an unfixed 2009 Ford 150 Pick up truck with recalls while the left front wheel is resting on top of your dumb skull after you tried to walk across the street.

Forum List

Back