Death Penalty in Texas

acuesto

Rookie
Jan 31, 2014
Hey guys,
sorry to interrupt you. For school we are currently working on the death penalty. We already worked out most northern states abolished it, in contrast most southern states and the complete west side still execute. Now we have to constitute different ways of arguementation. I took Texas, i thought this one is gonna be easy :eusa_liar:

My spanish Google just gives me spanish results for reasons i dont unterstand.
Maybe some of you can help me by givivng surveys or stuff like that concerning Texas.
Just an explanation would be awesome too. What do i have to mind? Religion seems to be more important for texanians than for the rest of the us.

Thank you all,
Bye

Last edited:
Bingo! Evangelicalism, fundamentalism, and Pentecostalism dominate the state's cultural thinking on matters of justification, atonement, and punishment. In terms of capital punishment: death is appropriate for murder, particularly planned murder or murder for profit or murder for hire.

Only barbarians support the death penalty

Texas, China, North Korea and Muslim countries

Very few civilized western countries use the death penalty. A country cannot belong to the EU if they have capital punishment.

Even in the US, the Death Penalty is used in only a handful of states......those who use God to justify it

Hey guys,
sorry to interrupt you. For school we are currently working on the death penalty. We already worked out most northern states abolished it, in contrast most southern states and the complete west side still execute. Now we have to constitute different ways of arguementation. I took Texas, i thought this one is gonna be easy :eusa_liar:

Maybe some of you can help me by givivng surveys or stuff like that concerning Texas.
Just an explanation would be awesome too. What do i have to mind? Religion seems to be more important for texanians than for the rest of the us.

Thank you all,
Bye

Bible's absolutely pro-death penalty. 6th commandment is NOT "thou shall not kill," bu t rather "thou shall not murder." Bible commands death for many sins so if it really mean 'kill' how would that be explained? It's forbidding murder, not killing. Be it capital punishment, or war.

In secular terms, an executed convict is never again a threat to the community. Due to overcrowding, human error, and escape, violent criminals often walk the streets again. Executed people, not so much.

Hey guys,

Thank you all,
Bye

Ok. You are doing a class assignment or paper?

Here you go. This paper is free:

The Ethics of Capital Punishment | Christian Research Institute

Thank you all,
even with this help its kinda hard to figure it out.

My teacher told me i have to compare it afterwards, i dont even get it :S
At the moment i think racial tensions, social problems and religion influence the texans.
Next im gonna explain all this.

Thank you guys
bye

Why is it barbaric? Would you have them watch your house?

Unless you have a system in place for the criminals then what do you do with them?

Even Mexico understands the death penalty is barbaric

Texas can't

Even if I am not American I definitely understand everyone supporting the death Penalty. How can you explain to a victims family they will have to pay taxes for decades to keep the murderer alive in prison while their familymember and good friend is dead?

Texas can't

Even if I am not American I definitely understand everyone supporting the death Penalty. How can you explain to a victims family they will have to pay taxes for decades to keep the murderer alive in prison while their familymember and good friend is dead?

Depends on the circumstances. Does murder always have to warrant the death penalty?

Texas can't

It costs more to execute someone, so that argument does not work.

Texas can't

It doesn't have to. The Chinese have been doing it.

Texas can't

I know but I would rather pay for the execution than for the daylie life in prison if I imagine I would be a part of the victims family.
It also conveys kind of closure if the murderer gets executed, so families can start a new life. Is the victims family or the murderer more important to you?

Last edited:

I know but I would rather pay for the execution than for the daylie life in prison if I imagine I would be a part of the victims family.
It also conveys kind of closure if the murderer gets executed, so familys can start a new life. Is the victims family or the murderer more important to you?

The murderer is in prison. The family won't let go and won't forget even though the person isn't coming out in most cases.

Someone who is locked up and isn't coming out in most cases isn't bothering them.

How does the victim's family start a new life if they are still grieving and won't forget or let go? How do they live a new life when something is missing?

Last edited:

It also conveys kind of closure if the murderer gets executed, so familys can start a new life. Is the victims family or the murderer more important to you?

The murderer is in prison. The family won't let go and won't forget even though the person isn't coming out in most cases.

Someone who is locked up and isn't coming out in most cases isn't bothering them.

How does the victim's family start a new life if they are still grieving and won't forget or let go? How do they live a new life when something is missing?

Well, does the murderer bothering the victims family just by being alive?
There is a difference between knowing somewhere out there he sleeps, eats and laughs or knowing he is dead just like the victims he murdered.

Well, does the murderer bothering the victims family just by being alive?
There is a difference between knowing somewhere out there he sleeps, eats and laughs or knowing he is dead just like the victims he murdered.

It depends if they are eligible for parole or if that person may get out or not because they weren't given life in prison.
People react like "My life is over" and not "I can start a new life if that person gets the penalty".

Why is it barbaric? Would you have them watch your house?

Unless you have a system in place for the criminals then what do you do with them?

Death chambers were barbaric at Auschwitz etc...turning live human beings into corpses...and they're still barbaric today.

You lock up in a supermax prison the criminals who would otherwise get a death sentence.
There is no escape, and only God decides when they die.

Unfortunately, the murder victim is never coming back to life, they have departed this life forever.
All execution-homicides are just more premeditated, cold-blooded killing of human beings by the state...quite possibly including innocent ones.

Death Penalty

■The death penalty ignores the real needs of victims. Seeking the death penalty diverts millions of dollars of our scarce resources that could otherwise go into providing critical services to the family of homicide victims.

Forum List

Back