Deanna Price wins Gold in Hammer Throw. Gwen Berry finishes last.

People aren’t allowed to protest during work hours, why should this be any different? The Olympic rules are broken when they protest.

Obviously they are not. And whether you can protest at work is entirely up to your employer. There is no blanket rule.

I bet you all can remember when we all used to chant: "USA! USA! USA!"
When the United States Hockey team beat the odds against the former Soviet Union. It was known as "The Miracle on Ice". And that was 40 years ago!

You don't see that anymore! It's all about taking a knee or not even bothering to support your own team - The USA. And that's pathetically sad.

I wasn't even born yet but I get chills at "do you believe in miracles?!?"

What a proud moment

Wanting people to be removed is more than an opinion. Disagreeing with her is an opinion.
Wanting people to be removed is more than an opinion. Disagreeing with her is an opinion.
I'm not saying they should be removed. I'm saying they shouldn't have gone in the first place.

Rapinoe, or whatever the fuck that gash's name is, was far more interested in winning so she could protest on the podium than she ever was in winning so she could be proud of herself, her team and her country.

Fuck her. Oh, for want of a well placed aneurysm...

I'm not saying they should be removed. I'm saying they shouldn't have gone in the first place.

Rapinoe, or whatever the fuck that gash's name is, was far more interested in winning so she could protest on the podium than she ever was in winning so she could be proud of herself, her team and her country.

Fuck her. Oh, for want of a well placed aneurysm...

LOL, yes you are saying they should be removed. Removed, before, during or after is still being removed. That's what the "red" countries do.

And they allow protesting. John Carlos and Tommie Smith's protest is an iconic moment and what sets us apart from the rest of the world.
Um, you are aware, aren't you, that Carlos and Smith were expelled from the 1968 Games, aren't you?

Protesting wasn't allowed then, and it's not allowed now. It's considered to be a domestic political statement unfit for the apolitical, international forum the Olympic Games were intended to be.

Some of these athletes would do well to remember that...

Yes I am against believing she should not be there.

You can say you disagree with her but calling for her to not be there is beyond speech.

It's what other countries do.
Whats wrong with saying she shouldnt be there? The things she says are FAR more offensive than that. :cuckoo:

Um, you are aware, aren't you, that Carlos and Smith were expelled from the 1968 Games, aren't you?

Protesting wasn't allowed then, and it's not allowed now. It's considered to be a domestic political statement unfit for the apolitical, international forum the Olympic Games were intended to be.

Some of these athletes would do well to remember that...

They were apologized to and inducted into the Olympic HOF.

Whats wrong with saying she shouldnt be there? The things she says are FAR more offensive than that. :cuckoo:

There is nothing wrong if you are wanting to model ourselves by the countries that do that.

They were apologized to and inducted into the Olympic HOF.
While they were inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2019, the IOC never apologized to them, and rightly so. There was no reason to do so.

As an aside, the silver medalist from that event in 1968, Peter Norman of Australia, stood in support of Smith and Carlos. As a result, he was not selected for the '72 Games in Munich, despite the fact that his times were better than others who were selected for the team. When Sydney, Australia hosted the games in 2000, Norman was not invited to take part in the festivities...

Hooray for Deanna!!!!! Well done!!!!!

While they were inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2019, the IOC never apologized to them, and rightly so. There was no reason to do so.

As an aside, the silver medalist from that event in 1968, Peter Norman of Australia, stood in support of Smith and Carlos. As a result, he was not selected for the '72 Games in Munich, despite the fact that his times were better than others who were selected for the team. When Sydney, Australia hosted the games in 2000, Norman was not invited to take part in the festivities...

And Rosa Parks once had to ride in the back of the bus..............we are going to address our issues whether you like it or not.

Forum List

Back