Dealspot- Gerber Flat Iron $23...

My only complaint is the blade lock is stiff as Hell!!!
I'm hoping it'll loosen up with use.

Use some CLP "breakfree" If that doesn't help nothing will. Blade lock is tension mostly, CLP will get rid of some friction but not tension. Worth a try.

It's the stiffness of the material that you have to flex that makes it so hard to close.
So I dont have high hopes of it loosening up but we'll see.
I may have to open up the one I got for my Buddy and see if it's the same way....and switch em if it's easier.;)
I want to hear from Missourian and see if his is the same way.
Mine is super smooth to open and easy to close...only the pocket clip is stiff...have to manually pull it out to clip it...but I'm not worried about losing it.

All right...hate to be a buddy fucker but I did pay for em.
Gonna open the other knife and see what it's like.
How was the other one?

My only complaint is the blade lock is stiff as Hell!!!
I'm hoping it'll loosen up with use.

Use some CLP "breakfree" If that doesn't help nothing will. Blade lock is tension mostly, CLP will get rid of some friction but not tension. Worth a try.

It's the stiffness of the material that you have to flex that makes it so hard to close.
So I dont have high hopes of it loosening up but we'll see.
I may have to open up the one I got for my Buddy and see if it's the same way....and switch em if it's easier.;)
I want to hear from Missourian and see if his is the same way.
Mine is super smooth to open and easy to close...only the pocket clip is stiff...have to manually pull it out to clip it...but I'm not worried about losing it.

All right...hate to be a buddy fucker but I did pay for em.
Gonna open the other knife and see what it's like.
How was the other one?

Much better.

Speaking of Gerbers, I came across one last night, mid-sized folder, that I simply couldn't open..... never had that happen before. It was like it was frozen shut, not the slightest bit of play in it, and it wouldn't open even when I used my leatherman to try and pull the blade out.
Anyone else ever seen that?

Speaking of Gerbers, I came across one last night, mid-sized folder, that I simply couldn't open..... never had that happen before. It was like it was frozen shut, not the slightest bit of play in it, and it wouldn't open even when I used my leatherman to try and pull the blade out.
I haven't. Shawnee_b might have.

Much better.
Good deal.

Send that other one back for an exchange.

I'm gonna hope it loosens up.
Another thing about the knife I found is it's rather difficult to use the thumb or fingers to open it. It's doable but it isnt smooth.
But then I dont see this as a quick draw knife for defense,it's more of a utility knife.

That sounds odd, with their usual construction it's pretty hard to be galled shut.

I do have a Gerber "bolt action" got to slide the bolt to open. It's slick, fast and gravity flicks well. The bolt locks both open and closed.

1492146114_43_3.jpg

That sounds odd, with their usual construction it's pretty hard to be galled shut.

I do have a Gerber "bolt action" got to slide the bolt to open. It's slick, fast and gravity flicks well. The bolt locks both open and closed.

1492146114_43_3.jpg
This was some grey tactical folder, I tried to find it on their website but I didn't see it. It didn't seem to have any unusual controls or anything, it just wouldn't budge. It was weird....

This was some grey tactical folder, I tried to find it on their website but I didn't see it. It didn't seem to have any unusual controls or anything, it just wouldn't budge. It was weird....

Just hard to imagine. I have Gerbers, they "OK" but they are built OK too. If a carbonfiber, micarta whatever scales, think they were using ATS how can it freeze? Pivot maybe? CLP breakfree! Is it a liner lock? Although that shouldn't freeze it up unless the liner galled to the blade.

Forum List

Back