DC hardcore punk thread, preferably albums released by Dischord Records

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i made this thread because Sid McCray, the original frontman for hardcore punk group Bad Brains, has diedā€”Rest in peaceā 

let's mosh!

i made this thread because Sid McCray, the original frontman for hardcore punk group Bad Brains, has diedā€”Rest in peaceā 

let's mosh!

For starters I would say Minor Threat (Iain MacKaye and Jeff Nelson's original band and they both founded and still run Dischord Records) and so for starters I would say The Minor Threat EP and the "In My Eyes" EP both released in 1981:

1600120554794.png

1600120576087.png

let's mosh!

You know that Bad Brains were NEVER on Dischord Records? They were on ROIR Records, which was a New York Independent label, they then went to PVC Records (Passport Records) which was in a weird partnership with Sire Records and then sold to Warner Brothers Records, they then briefly were on SST Records which was the GREATEST Hardcore Punk Independent record label in America and based in Los Angeles and run by Greg Ginn who was in Black Flag, they then went to Caroline Records which was founded by Richard Branson and distributed by his Virgin Records and they then went to Epic Records and a variety of other labels.

I personally have never been a fan of Bad Brains, I cannot handle the incorporation of the TERRIBLE Jazz Fusion and Reggae in their records.

Forum List

Back