Davy Jones is Dead

nesbit is a millionaire...his mom invented white out
his idea about using videos for music(which he got from Hard Days Night) on the Electric Company was bought by what was to become MTV......he was considered a pioneer in that field.....:eusa_angel:
True, in addition Jones died in Florida. My sister has kept me up to date on all the facts, despite my efforts to the contrary.

Well... The Best Buy is certain to be all out of Monkees CDz today...

RIP FauxArtist who has Died... You were a Funny Actor and you made me Laugh.

Slap Whitney when you see here! :thup:

:)

peace...

He started out as an actor and was hired as one in the SITCOM, The Monkees - you are right. But he became a very highly successful musician, as they all did. The remaining three are all still touring today!

Yep the first "made for TV" group?
It worked well.
How would it have worked out if not for the TV programming?

Well... The Best Buy is certain to be all out of Monkees CDz today...

RIP FauxArtist who has Died... You were a Funny Actor and you made me Laugh.

Slap Whitney when you see here! :thup:

:)

peace...

He started out as an actor and was hired as one in the SITCOM, The Monkees - you are right. But he became a very highly successful musician, as they all did. The remaining three are all still touring today!

It worked well.
Great, now I am trying to remember what song Mike Nesmith did AFTER the Monkees that got airplay in the alternative rock station I listened to the late 70'/early 80's...........................

It worked well.
Great, now I am trying to remember what song Mike Nesmith did AFTER the Monkees that got airplay in the alternative rock station I listened to the late 70'/early 80's...........................

Yep TV programming dominates.

It worked well.

True, they were never suppose to be a real band, just a sitcom on TV. Their music took off and the rest is history.
The only one who could play an instrument in the beginning was Mike Nesmith.

True, they were never suppose to be a real band, just a sitcom on TV. Their music took off and the rest is history.

Peter was also a musician going into the project. Played lots of instruments. It was his friend Stephen Stills who suggested he try out for the part.

Peter was also a musician going into the project. Played lots of instruments. It was his friend Stephen Stills who suggested he try out for the part.
Ok, Meister & Amelia; as I am no longer answering the phone, please tell me which Monkee was like Lennon of the Beatles. I was directed to an article that contained the claim the Monkees were fashioned after the Beatles*, and Davy Jones was "Paul".
*I do NOT believe they can be duplicated.

How sad is that.... :-(

I thought you were speaking in naval terms.

129109132377532595.jpg

Ok, Meister & Amelia; as I am no longer answering the phone, please tell me which Monkee was like Lennon of the Beatles. I was directed to an article that contained the claim the Monkees were fashioned after the Beatles*, and Davy Jones was "Paul".

I don't remember ever hearing anything about them trying to match anyone up with Lennon. :dunno:

That would be "Joanne"
Thanks, that sounds like the right name.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_pu6V6_BEA]Mike Nesmith and The First National Band - Joanne - Nice Early 70's Pop / Country Ballad - YouTube[/ame]

and these guys are considered pioneers of Country Rock.....some say they are right up there with The Dillards and the Burritto Bros and the Byrds.......Nesmith was more than just a Monkee thats for sure..........

I don't remember ever hearing anything about them trying to match anyone up with Lennon. :dunno:
The article just had ...."the Beatles, Jones was to be like like Paul McCartney". About the creator, who is all over the news also.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_pu6V6_BEA]Mike Nesmith and The First National Band - Joanne - Nice Early 70's Pop / Country Ballad - YouTube[/ame]

and these guys are considered pioneers of Country Rock.....some say they are right up there with The Dillards and the Burritto Bros and the Byrds.......Nesmith was more than just a Monkee thats for sure..........
Dillards? Burrrito bros?
They must not have had a TV show.

More success after the end of the group, yes.

Who were the others?

Immie

You mean the other monkey's or other favorite singers?
The rest of the monkey's were Micky Dolenez, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork.
Micky Dolnez was my 2nd favorite. :)

Mickey Dolenz played the street fair in hoboken about two years ago. he was actually pretty good.

I recall reading somewhere that Mickey was actually the most musically talented of all the Monkees.

Forum List

Back