David Limbaugh States the Obvious... again

I'm afraid it is exactly like that. All Republican debt reduction includes tax cuts

That is who needs Economics 101

I didn't say Republicans don't ask for tax cuts, I said tax cuts aren't like an employee cutting their hours, dumb ass. They aren't. Cutting your hours cuts your pay, period. Cutting taxes grows the economy and reduces economic decisions being driven by taxes. Both of those increase revenue. Seriously dude, econ 101. Take a class.

Cutting taxes grows the economy?

I can't believe you are still recycling that tired old Reagan supply side nonsenense

And you know the entire field of economics is wrong because....

There are people who write like this on both sides of the political aisle, and I have a hard time taking any of them seriously

I always like how liberals start with lines like this that make themselves sound balanced and then they go on to blast Republicans and compliment Democrats. You know, like you did.

I never said I was indifferent between the Republican and Democratic parties. I was concerned though that without such a statement the bulk of my observations would be misinterpreted as a broad generalization about absolute differences between the rhetoric of the two parties.

You still said you have a hard time taking Democrats seriously while demonstrating that you do. If you're totally on one side, fine, just be honest. Republicans eat babies, Democrats farts don't stink. You're entitled to that view, just be honest about it.

I didn't say Republicans don't ask for tax cuts, I said tax cuts aren't like an employee cutting their hours, dumb ass. They aren't. Cutting your hours cuts your pay, period. Cutting taxes grows the economy and reduces economic decisions being driven by taxes. Both of those increase revenue. Seriously dude, econ 101. Take a class.

I can't believe you are still recycling that tired old Reagan supply side nonsenense

Even Reagans own people didn't buy that supply side nonsense.

But the Reagan worshipers take it as gospel

Seems the only thing worse than endless spending on entitlements is offering up more tax cuts when you are already $14 trillion in debt

Its like losing your house to bankruptcy and going to your boss and asking if he can cut your hours

Or it is like a large store having a big sale to move stagnant inventory increasing flow and profiting through the mass exchange that results from the sale. Volume is the key, not individual profit margin on each item.

And you steering us off the road, into the ditch, off the cliff into oblivion is working out so well. The deficit isn't big enough for you, and you want another stimulus? Makes perfect sense, for a masochist, that wants everyone to suffer equally along side of you. ;)

That piece is too biased for comment. Weird how the right wing can rarely if ever see things as they are and not through those strange glasses that see in one direction only. Excellent piece in link below.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...hing-from-the-london-riots-5.html#post4000064

Pay me and give me what I want or I'll burn your evil neighborhood down defense? :lol:

Good one. Sort of like Future Shock where Everyone belongs to everyone else, and there is no free will, only to submission to the demands of others. :eek:

I'm poor and it is your fault, obviously, I like your watch, throw in the little girl too, and I'll let you live mentality is foundation less Midcan. Generosity, Charity is born within, not at gun point or mandate. We each start within our own being, government is not the source of that, nor does it control it. The Places many of these refugees came from, would have easily taken their property and lives by now, if not for this refuge. 'Don't piss where you eat", seems more applicable "than you are responsible for everything wrong with mu life".

Being a Liberal Means You're Never Wrong

There is nothing in this article that I can disagree with when dissecting the behavior of the left. They are absolutely philosophically and politically mirroring Amy Winehouse... a hero to many of them.

I don't wanna go to rehab.
I said no no no.
Well, that moronic "logic" makes his :asshole: brother a flaming LIBERAL!!!! :rofl::lmao:

January 16, 2009
RUSH:* I don't apologize ever.* It helps that I'm never wrong.

Actually it's nothing like that. You seriously need to take an economics 101 class.

I'm afraid it is exactly like that. All Republican debt reduction includes tax cuts

That is who needs Economics 101

You have proof that cutting taxes now will grow the economy?
Perhaps for Wll Street but not for the working class.
the wall street based economy is one major factor that got us into this mess.

That piece is too biased for comment. Weird how the right wing can rarely if ever see things as they are and not through those strange glasses that see in one direction only. Excellent piece in link below.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...hing-from-the-london-riots-5.html#post4000064

Pay me and give me what I want or I'll burn your evil neighborhood down defense? :lol:

Good one. Sort of like Future Shock where Everyone belongs to everyone else, and there is no free will, only to submission to the demands of others. :eek:

I'm poor and it is your fault, obviously, I like your watch, throw in the little girl too, and I'll let you live mentality is foundation less Midcan. Generosity, Charity is born within, not at gun point or mandate. We each start within our own being, government is not the source of that, nor does it control it. The Places many of these refugees came from, would have easily taken their property and lives by now, if not for this refuge. 'Don't piss where you eat", seems more applicable "than you are responsible for everything wrong with mu life".

It would be nice if thought were that simple, if people thought charity was the solution, you surprise me with so naive a thought. It ignores the reality that has always been at the root of alienation and eventually violence and terrorism. History is an unknown lesson to the right wing in America.

"LONDON burns. The Arab Spring triggers popular rebellions against autocrats across the Arab world. The Israeli Summer brings 250,000 Israelis into the streets, protesting the lack of affordable housing and the way their country is now dominated by an oligopoly of crony capitalists. From Athens to Barcelona, European town squares are being taken over by young people railing against unemployment and the injustice of yawning income gaps, while the angry Tea Party emerges from nowhere and sets American politics on its head."

What’s going on here? http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/14/o...ry-of-everyting-sort-of.html?_r=2&ref=opinion

"This important shift in Wood’s thinking helped him and the rest of us understand more clearly the emergence of liberalism in 19th-century America, since mere feelings of benevolence proved too weak at that time to restrain the overriding commercial values of individualism and self-interest. Whether the modern virtues of fellow feeling and decency (efficacious in social life) can by themselves constitute a significant force in the political realm is the question Wood’s analysis raises. In other words, one is led to wonder whether politeness alone — without a commitment to shared sacrifice — is sufficient to merit the title of civic virtue, and hence to serve as the foundation of a politics that takes seriously the idea of the common good." Tim Casey http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/14/books/review/evolving-ideas-of-america.html?ref=todayspaper

Last edited:
Seems the only thing worse than endless spending on entitlements is offering up more tax cuts when you are already $14 trillion in debt

Its like losing your house to bankruptcy and going to your boss and asking if he can cut your hours

Or it is like a large store having a big sale to move stagnant inventory increasing flow and profiting through the mass exchange that results from the sale. Volume is the key, not individual profit margin on each item.

Yes but if the market is already saturated ie everyone is already spending more than their income.

There is nothing in this article that I can disagree with when dissecting the behavior of the left. They are absolutely philosophically and politically mirroring Amy Winehouse... a hero to many of them.

I said no no no.
Well, that moronic "logic" makes his :asshole: brother a flaming LIBERAL!!!! :rofl::lmao:

January 16, 2009
And EdtheCretin goes off again with his Rush Derangement Syndrome.

Too biased? The expose of the hypocrisy known as leftist political thought? Nooooooo.....! Reallly?

a91a6fd4-1af0-496e-aa5a-30be3d4a4010.jpg

[/sarcasm]

Very poor analogy. It's more like being overdrawn at the bank, and telling the bank you'll make a deposit if they let you keep writing bad checks.

Very poor analogy. It's more like being overdrawn at the bank, and telling the bank you'll make a deposit if they let you keep writing bad checks.
Absolutely correct.

Returning to the issue of whether liberals can change their mind, I think that both sides can be quite dogmatic. Nevertheless, liberals are at least philosophically dedicated to empirical thinking:

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment." Bertrand Russell
Actually, a more applicable quote:

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.

-- William F. Buckley, Jr.

Also, just to be petty, if Limbaugh wants to be taken seriously as the spokesman for "Every marginally intelligent person" (not to mention God) he should probably stop spelling "partier" with a "y".
Just to be petty, if you want to criticze someone for making a mistake, you should probably make sure he made a mistake to begin with.
partyer noun
one who engages in merrymaking especially in honor of a special occasion <a Mardi Gras celebration that has long attracted serious partyers from around the country>​

Returning to the issue of whether liberals can change their mind, I think that both sides can be quite dogmatic. Nevertheless, liberals are at least philosophically dedicated to empirical thinking:

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment." Bertrand Russell

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.

Also, just to be petty, if Limbaugh wants to be taken seriously as the spokesman for "Every marginally intelligent person" (not to mention God) he should probably stop spelling "partier" with a "y".
Just to be petty, if you want to criticze someone for making a mistake, you should probably make sure he made a mistake to begin with.
partyer noun
one who engages in merrymaking especially in honor of a special occasion <a Mardi Gras celebration that has long attracted serious partyers from around the country>​

"tea partier" gets ~ 1.3 million hits on google. "tea partyer gets ~ 63,000. "partier" and "partyer" both appear in dictionaries, but only one is in common usage.

As for Buckley, he was certainly a bright guy, but he was an advocate, not an analyst. The only reason to allow him to speak for the liberal philosophy is if you don't think liberals should be allowed to speak for themselves.

I said no no no.

January 16, 2009
And EdtheCretin goes off again with his Rush Derangement Syndrome.
I love making you DittoTards whine and cry like babies after you eat your MessiahRushie's words.

MMDC+cheese+whine.png

Believing economics is "worshipers take it as gospel?" Dude, even the most liberal of economists believe that tax cuts grow the economy. I believe the field of economics, you don't, which means I'm the one who is a blind believer. In the field of economics.

You're good for some comic relief. Keep up the good work my man.

partyer noun

"tea partier" gets ~ 1.3 million hits on google. "tea partyer gets ~ 63,000. "partier" and "partyer" both appear in dictionaries, but only one is in common usage.

As for Buckley, he was certainly a bright guy, but he was an advocate, not an analyst. The only reason to allow him to speak for the liberal philosophy is if you don't think liberals should be allowed to speak for themselves.

shucks! It is Tea Bagger.

Forum List

Back