Daughter said something to me...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Last night -Cp's daughter stayed the night at my place; she and My daughter are of similar age.

The girls were putting on a fashion show, and my daughter was the announcer. As -Cp's girl came downstairs, my daughter said, "And here she is, looking sexy!"

uh.

:eek2:

"Alaina, where did you hear that word, sexy?"

'uh...' she thought ' I dunno...'

"What does it mean?" I asked.

'It means looking very hot!'

"What does 'looking hot' mean?"

'Um...looking VERY cute!'

"Honey, it's not polite for little girls to use the terms 'looking hot' or 'looking sexy'. I think it's better to just say 'Cute' or 'fantastic'. You're Six, sweety..."

She said okay - and they went off...

Still...has me in fits. How did any of you address situations like this w/ your kids?

Simply say that is a "Mommy Daddy word" - when they are a mommy or a daddy, they can say those words. Right now, they can't.

Fits for all sorts of words that might slip out of your mouths.

Of course, it only works until they are 9.

see - the kicker is, I WANT my daughter to marry, and have a great sex life...I want her to enjoy beauty, romance, that sorta stuff..

It just sux because she's SIX...and I know, P...it'll get worse.

:(

-=d=- said:
see - the kicker is, I WANT my daughter to marry, and have a great sex life...I want her to enjoy beauty, romance, that sorta stuff..

tell her that if she hears words like that, if she heard an adult use them, to go ask you or mommy what the word means (of course they may figure it out if they hear it a lot or they may think it means something else), and if it is ok to use, and explain to her why, why not, etc. my mom and dad did this with all 6 of us. it seemed to work very well.

my dad said he didn't want to hear us use swear words (around him anyway) until we got our driver's licenses, because then we would have a reason to cuss! :D

I was watching america's funniest videos, and this woman was taping her son playing with plastic golf clubs in the yard, telling him he was doing good, and such. Then she says, "Play golf like daddy does!" thinking he would stand like him or try to swing like him or something. The kid throws the club down and yells "Dammit!"

that was one of the funniest 'out-of-the-mouths-of-babes' clip i have ever seen.

-=d=- said:

No "D" not worse, just more difficult..Or more challenging if you will..Let her grow.
I dealt with that stuff at "six" by NOT making a big deal of it. Kids hear this stuff...if you don't make a big deal of it they forget it..Sure I would intervene when it was
necessary... Ya know what? It worked..
The word sexy? come on D. it wouldn't have gotten an eyebrow raise nor response from me when mine was six.

Mr. P said:
No "D" not worse, just more difficult..Or more challenging if you will..Let her grow.
I dealt with that stuff at "six" by NOT making a big deal of it. Kids hear this stuff...if you don't make a big deal of it they forget it..Sure I would intervene when it was
necessary... Ya know what? It worked..
The word sexy? come on D. it wouldn't have gotten an eyebrow raise nor response from me when mine was six.

Some times simply ignoring small things will make the behavior stop.

(If all else fails, can't ya just blame -cp's daughter for corrupting yours' ?) :D

I blame the Bratz. My 7-year-old has just discovered them. We tried to keep her interested in baby dolls, but the Bratz were just too pervasive. They have boyfriends and "wicked" clothes. Now her drawings include the (poorly-spelled) words "Rock Consert" and "Fashin Diva" and "LIPS." I see her striking poses in the mirror, and she wanted to tuck the hem of her shirts through the neck, exposing her waist (and sometimes her little flat chest!) :(

She is a very fluffy little girl. She gets it from my husband's side of the family. His sisters are both the brand-name, who's-going-with-who, Oh-my-God kind of women.

Well, we sat down and had a nice talk about "Modesty." She understands, and I was proud of her at cheerleading practice the other night... Her friend had her shirt pulled up, trying to convince Emma to do it too, and Emma just said, "No, I just don't want to."

They grow up so fast.

mom4 said:
I blame the Bratz. My 7-year-old has just discovered them. We tried to keep her interested in baby dolls, but the Bratz were just too pervasive. They have boyfriends and "wicked" clothes. Now her drawings include the (poorly-spelled) words "Rock Consert" and "Fashin Diva" and "LIPS." I see her striking poses in the mirror, and she wanted to tuck the hem of her shirts through the neck, exposing her waist (and sometimes her little flat chest!) :(

She is a very fluffy little girl. She gets it from my husband's side of the family. His sisters are both the brand-name, who's-going-with-who, Oh-my-God kind of women.

Well, we sat down and had a nice talk about "Modesty." She understands, and I was proud of her at cheerleading practice the other night... Her friend had her shirt pulled up, trying to convince Emma to do it too, and Emma just said, "No, I just don't want to."

They grow up so fast.
I think your right about that, my step daughter had those dolls and I couldn't believe the outfits they came with or should I say lack therof. She was very influenced by that, and started wanting mini-skirts and belly shirts at the age of 7.....shudder gasp. I too had to have the modesty talk and also the difference between classy pretty and trampy pretty, not exactly in those words but you get the idea. When we went clothes shoping together I would subtly point out the difference.

mom4 said:
I blame the Bratz. My 7-year-old has just discovered them. We tried to keep her interested in baby dolls, but the Bratz were just too pervasive. ...
Well, we sat down and had a nice talk about "Modesty." She understands, and I was proud of her at cheerleading practice the other night... ...
Blame what or whom you will, mom..
You have a problem with your kids "Modesty", but you have her in cheerleading? :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
Blame what or whom you will, mom..
You have a problem with your kids "Modesty", but you have her in cheerleading? :rotflmao:

It's not a problem... at least not yet.

We're hoping, by letting her be in cheerleading young, she'll get it out of her system and be the track star she was meant to be. She is so FAST! Just a waste.

Keep it up!
Keep it up!
Keep that Broncos spirit up!
Say KEEP!
IT!
UP!
YAAAAAAAAY!
:puke:

P.S. I don't seriously blame Bratz.

Darin... i forecast alot of sleepless nights in your future!

they try to grow up so fast.

Shattered said:
I'd blame Bratz. Those are some FUGLY dolls.

me too! what's with the fat, oversized lips and giant eyes?

my sister was (i think she still is) into them, and she's 12. she thinks how these dolls are dressed (damn-near lack thereof), is how SHE should dress. My mom has to tell her she is only 12 and dressing like those dolls will only invite trouble at her age. When she is 18, she can dress however she wants. Until then, my mom won't let her go out of the house without an outfit check. Basically, dressing nice, but nothing provocative.

i remember barbies when i was younger, and i did want to dress like them, but only the princess dresses and outfits that DIDN'T make them look like hookers. like the nice, clean, outfits and dresses.

Sugguestions:

Arranged marriage

Lock her in her room till her marriage:p:

teach her well and she will take care of her self.

Forum List

Back