Dancing robots from Boston Dynamics

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is really inspiring stuff. I thought I read somewhere that Dynamics was sold to a Japanese company. If so, this is a sad loss for America, though I Imagine they will continue to be employed and work on co-operative projects in the U,S and with U.S programmers.

There has been a great deal of improvement over the last few years. I was most impressed seeing a robot do a perfect backflip and land on their feet.

Here I was impressed I could build a simple chatbot with an unfinished GUI :)

This is really inspiring stuff. I thought I read somewhere that Dynamics was sold to a Japanese company. If so, this is a sad loss for America, though I Imagine they will continue to be employed and work on co-operative projects in the U,S and with U.S programmers.

There has been a great deal of improvement over the last few years. I was most impressed seeing a robot do a perfect backflip and land on their feet.

Terrifying stuff if you ask me. I mean . . . it is definitely cool, from the perspective of someone who grew up in the seventies watching Japanese cartoons, but I can also picture these robots doing some pretty terrible stuff to living human beings. Guess we'll see where it goes . . .

Are you kidding? This is stuff we learn to build in Jr High School.

Terrifying stuff if you ask me. I mean . . . it is definitely cool, from the perspective of someone who grew up in the seventies watching Japanese cartoons, but I can also picture these robots doing some pretty terrible stuff to living human beings. Guess we'll see where it goes . . .

If I ever see any of these dancing robots made into police officers and other forms of human society control (you know they will, the military is just DROOLING for robot soldiers!), I will shoot each of them on sight with my .378 Weatherby Magnum.

That'll put a kink in their math coprocessors.

It can kill elephants, punch through engine blocks and any armored robots anyone ever cares to make.

Are you worried about robots controlled by people or robots that are controlled by AI? Both?

If I ever see any of these dancing robots made into police officers and other forms of human society control (you know they will, the military is just DROOLING for robot soldiers!), I will shoot each of them on sight with my .378 Weatherby Magnum.
punch through engine blocks and any armored robots anyone ever cares to make.

You think attacking military hardware will turn out positive for you?

You have 15 seconds to comply!

95b74a29-e33e-4ef0-9857-dcd4c7723780.jpg

He'll just throw some salt at them.

I guess your idea is upon seeing a smart machine with more speed and strength than a human body designed to hunt you down and kill you with better seeing and hearing than a person, you'll just stand there and offer it a cup of coffee.

Robots could be the greatest thing in the world. Only evil men will make them a tool for evil.

Forum List

Back