Dan Wesson 6" Model 715 .357 Revolver

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
dw 001 (2).JPG
Last week my LGS called and said a guy had brought in a revolver (DW 714) that was broke and asked if they knew anyone that might want it to buy it to try to fix it. I ran over and looked at it and said OK and gave $200.00 for it......I knew the barrel was worth around $400.00 so I figured I'd do OK if I had to part it out.

The cylinder would not lock-up and when I coaxed it shut it had all kinds of wobble. Then I figured it out.....The part of the crane that the cylinder spins on had snapped off from the crane body.

001 (2).JPG

So I went on eBay and found a Model 14 crane and cylinder assembly for $110.00 shipped and ordered it. It was in blue but I could not find a stainless one so when it came in I moved the stainless parts over and it locks-up/works just fine.

So I got a decent .357 revolver for $310.00 not counting what I'll get for the blued cylinder when I resell it.

View attachment 679128Last week my LGS called and said a guy had brought in a revolver (DW 714) that was broke and asked if they knew anyone that might want it to buy it to try to fix it. I ran over and looked at it and said OK and gave $200.00 for it......I knew the barrel was worth around $400.00 so I figured I'd do OK if I had to part it out.

The cylinder would not lock-up and when I coaxed it shut it had all kinds of wobble. Then I figured it out.....The part of the crane that the cylinder spins on had snapped off from the crane body.

View attachment 679131

So I went on eBay and found a Model 14 crane and cylinder assembly for $110.00 shipped and ordered it. It was in blue but I could not find a stainless one so when it came in I moved the stainless parts over and it locks-up/works just fine.

So I got a decent .357 revolver for $310.00 not counting what I'll get for the blued cylinder when I resell it.
Pretty sweet.:iagree:

Dan Wesson revolvers are usually super accurate as well.

My ex-brother-in-law had a Dan Wesson .44 magnum that was probably the most accurate revolver I have ever fired.

Dan Wesson revolvers are usually super accurate as well.

My ex-brother-in-law had a Dan Wesson .44 magnum that was probably the most accurate revolver I have ever fired.
I had a "pistol pack" years ago that came with three barrels. I scoped the 8" barrel.....It was very accurate and I killed a few deer with it till the novelty wore off.

This one has a very nice action, While I was in there removing the crane I took it apart and cleaned the 40-odd years worth of gunk out that had but up inside.

I was glad to be able to get this one up to snuff even if it is slightly "off color" now. ;)

I had a "pistol pack" years ago that came with three barrels. I scoped the 8" barrel.....It was very accurate and I killed a few deer with it till the novelty wore off.

This one has a very nice action, While I was in there removing the crane I took it apart and cleaned the 40-odd years worth of gunk out that had but up inside.

I was glad to be able to get this one up to snuff even if it is slightly "off color" now. ;)

I wanted a pistol pac in the worst way. But about the same time I discovered these revolvers I started having kids. 3 kids in 3 years put a big damper on buying guns.

I wanted a pistol pac in the worst way. But about the same time I discovered these revolvers I started having kids. 3 kids in 3 years put a big damper on buying guns.
No shit.....I went for 8 years without buying a gun when I started my family, just ammo for the ones I hunted with.

LOL....I made up for lost time though. ;)

No shit.....I went for 8 years without buying a gun when I started my family, just ammo for the ones I hunted with.

LOL....I made up for lost time though. ;)
Yeah, I made up for lost time as well. I bought 5 rifles and 4 handguns in one year. Most fun I ever had with my clothes on.

Forum List

Back