Damn!!! Where is that "global warming" when we need it???

Global Warming can't be real! Look how cold it is today where I live!

Also, world hunger must be over, because I just ate.

Excellent analogy. :clap2:

I wish I could take credit for it. Stephen Colbert posted it to Twitter and it gave me a good laugh.

Stephen Colbert --- he's a conservative talk show host, isn't he...? :eusa_think:

Yup, he's hard core right wing. He's rightest of the right.

Global Warming can't be real! Look how cold it is today where I live!

Also, world hunger must be over, because I just ate.

Excellent analogy. :clap2:

I wish I could take credit for it. Stephen Colbert posted it to Twitter and it gave me a good laugh.

Stephen Colbert --- he's a conservative talk show host, isn't he...? :eusa_think:

Yup, he's hard core right wing. He's rightest of the right.

Well then he must be right. That's all there is to it, end of story, case closed, it's a wrap. Because everything in life can be reduced to an absolute black/white dichotomy. Like Kurtz has going on.

Btw -- Kurtz is German. Know what it means?
"Short".

toth.gif

So, you're looking at something in a simple way...
It's not too complicated...
... without knowing the reasons for things....,
I know the reason, the pipes froze for the first time because it got cold enough for it to happen for the first time.
...and your ignorance is somehow proof you are right? Er.....
Well, I suppose it MIGHT be getting colder because of global warming, but then I have to wonder why it's called "global warming"? Can you explain?

Actually it is complicated, in fact it's extremely complicated that modern super computers are used and scientists still aren't 100% sure of what's happening exactly.

BBC News - Antarctic sea ice at record levels despite global warming

What this, it's quite interesting. They are saying sea ice is at record levels, but land ice is at lower levels. Why? Why would one increase and the other decrease in the same place?

Well it's called global warming. Just because it's colder in one place doesn't mean it's colder everywhere. Hence the term "GLOBAL warming". Madrid and Rome are 16 degrees. You're looking at about Chicago latitude. At the same time Chicago is seeing highs of -3C degrees.

Does this mean it's clearly getting colder? Average high in Madrid is 13C degrees for November. In Rome it is 15 degrees. So, Rome is normal, Madrid is higher, Chicago's is 9 degrees. So it's lower in Chicago.

So... what does it mean globally?

Global warming is actually a term which is wrongly used. People do it all the time, they pick up on a term and misuse it.

The Earth naturally warms and cools, this warming is global warming.

It might be getting colder because the Earth is in a natural decline in temperatures based on the 100,000 year cycle. However the Earth is not cooling at all. Weather is becoming more extreme which is causing higher and lower temperatures in local places. The Earth is naturally cooling but artificially warming.

Forum List

Back