Damn Sam!! Irresponsibility!!

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I've been planning to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter for ... oh ... about 2 months or so and gave my boss plenty of notice - like about 2 months worth.

I work with another woman on the same job who is independent - in other words she doesn't work for my boss. She's her own boss. She's supposed to cover for me while I'm gone and I was prepared to cover for her a month ago when she took a week off ... which she did not take off. So she's been sort of vague about when she planned to take her time off. This week she finally says she's going to take off the same time that I'm off: leaving a 96 year old woman with NO COVERAGE at all for a damned week!!! I'm so pissed off. That is SO irresponsible!!!

My little lady's granddaughter has been unsuccessfully looking for someone to care for her Mamaw and last night asked my boss if she could find someone. My boss has been busting her ass all last night and all day today to find someone - found someone - and asked me to come to her house to meet the woman and sort of fill her in on what needs to be done. Don't you know the granddaughter calls my boss tonight and says she found someone to cover the overnight hours ... for $$peanuts.

I'm just pissed off. How the hell do you go off with no notice and leave a little lady with no caretaker coverage? Shit - the poor thing just got out of the hospital from having a pacemaker put it. It's just plain irresponsible and unprofessional. And this woman is an RN??

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my rant.

She likes to be the "superior person." I like to use common sense and take instructions from my boss. The RN and I have never "crossed swords" so to speak but I also don't have to answer to her. Some stuff she says is sound information but some of it is not.

Forum List

Back