Cyberattack Hits World's Largest Meat Supplier

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The price of meat is going to go up. Again.

Something needs to be done about all these hacks into private companies.

This hack came from russia.

This hack came from russia
What makes you so sure it was Russia?....because lying Joe said so?....if it was a foreign power is was most likely China but Joe can't point a finger at Hunters employers....but I don't put our own CIA past doing this from orders from Joe....if we can't stop hackers it's because we don't want to....

What makes you so sure it was Russia?....because lying Joe said so?....if it was a foreign power is was most likely China but Joe can't point a finger at Hunters employers....but I don't put our own CIA past doing this from orders from Joe....if we can't stop hackers it's because we don't want to....
It is not the job of the US govt. to provide private companies with cybersecurity.

The problem here is that these idiot companies have failed to realize the need of offline capacity. No hack should really effect the on the ground operations, if they allowed it to, that's on them. No government can save people from being stupid.

It is not the job of the US govt. to provide private companies with cybersecurity.
Imo the cyber attacks are merely a tool for Putin in intl relations. The US is pushing Nato to up its game, and now the Center of Am Progress says we should get out of Europe's forming its own integrating defense forces ... and Biden is set to push Putin (and Belrus) of torturing opposition politicians. The reason Putin is still in charge in Russia is that Russians are willing to trade freedom for borscht and security.

dont expect biden to do anything,, hes to busy helping russia,,,

Imo the cyber attacks are merely a tool for Putin in intl relations. The US is pushing Nato to up its game, and now the Center of Am Progress says we should get out of Europe's forming its own integrating defense forces ... and Biden is set to push Putin (and Belrus) of torturing opposition politicians. The reason Putin is still in charge in Russia is that Russians are willing to trade freedom for borscht and security.
Autocracy is a game for winners and losers. The Ruskies love their emperors and dictators because that is all they have ever had, NATO is getting the better of Russia yet they have no intention of invading another country like Pooten does.

it is when the threat is from a foreign country,,

I was surprised when first heard about this one. I had the false impression on the last one (effecting Colonial's pipeline) that is was something effecting computer control of the pump stations. Turned out it was effecting their billing for product pumped causing the company to shut it down. What in the world does a ransomware attack on an international meat processor do? Loss of customer database? Loss of production code date recall? I'm just curious as to the exact systems effected.

Autocracy is a game for winners and losers. The Ruskies love their emperors and dictators because that is all they have ever had, NATO is getting the better of Russia yet they have no intention of invading another country like Pooten does.
Yeah. And it's a dangerous game. I mean I'd like to lock Putin up with Trump and the Mexican cartels, but Russia doesn't like it when we tell them what to do. And Putin - being the cagy poll - knows that nothing is better for his poll#s that some manufacuted tiff with the US where he bares his manly chest and instigates attacks against the US and our military.

5bukmb.jpg

I was surprised when first heard about this one. I had the false impression on the last one (effecting Colonial's pipeline) that is was something effecting computer control of the pump stations. Turned out it was effecting their billing for product pumped causing the company to shut it down. What in the world does a ransomware attack on an international meat processor do? Loss of customer database? Loss of production code date recall? I'm just curious as to the exact systems effected.
oh good-----not refrigeration

What do you vegan libbers care about hacks into the meat industry?

It seems you are a Putin Supporter. I'd suggest you were an agent provocateur being paid by Putin, but I doubt he's paid anyone as dumb as you. The fact is, the cost of gas and beef going up would never cause the American Voters to support any president who would do such a thing notwithstanding trump.

Just goes to show companies would rather pay CEO's way to o much than spend the dough on McAfee...

I am in the cybersecurity industry and can tell you that money spent or not spent on tools and technology is only part of the problem. Sometimes companies and organizations can have too many tools and not the right headcount to administer the tools. Also, policies may not be correct due to politics or legal concerns. It’s maddening but sometimes it takes a breach to change things. Cybersecurity leads and directors is one of the most stressful jobs. You go to bed every night on edge that you could wake up to a breach.

Forum List

Back