Cruz-Carson secret 'closet' meeting - "It didn't go well."

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
I'm guessing because they couldn't decide who would be the top and who should be bottom.

But the meeting called by Cruz apparently didn't go well, and ended with Carson concluding the two men would just have to "agree to disagree."

The men spoke for nearly a half hour, according to an unnamed Republican operative who saw the meeting, which ran over into Carson's allotted speaking time at the Conservative Review convention. An unnamed source close to Carson’s campaign told The Daily Beast that Carson had agreed to a 5-minute, off-the-record meeting before the convention.

The Carson campaign also blamed Cruz’s camp for leaking confirmation of the meeting to the media, and Carson spokesman Jason Osborne suggested the leak was a calculated attempt to repair Cruz’s image.

“We weren’t going to comment to the press on it, but it seems pretty clear that the other party involved had a different agenda,” Osborne told the Beast. “How else could we perceive that to be?”

LINK

Carson needs to wake up and smell the coffee. He is taking votes from a Republican who can win the nomination. He is not only delusional, he is doing harm to the ticket.

Carson needs to wake up and smell the coffee. He is taking votes from a Republican who can win the nomination. He is not only delusional, he is doing harm to the ticket.

Will he do more harm to the ticket than Trump, Cruz, and all the rest of the clowns are doing?

I'm guessing because they couldn't decide who would be the top and who should be bottom.

But the meeting called by Cruz apparently didn't go well, and ended with Carson concluding the two men would just have to "agree to disagree."

The men spoke for nearly a half hour, according to an unnamed Republican operative who saw the meeting, which ran over into Carson's allotted speaking time at the Conservative Review convention. An unnamed source close to Carson’s campaign told The Daily Beast that Carson had agreed to a 5-minute, off-the-record meeting before the convention.

The Carson campaign also blamed Cruz’s camp for leaking confirmation of the meeting to the media, and Carson spokesman Jason Osborne suggested the leak was a calculated attempt to repair Cruz’s image.

“We weren’t going to comment to the press on it, but it seems pretty clear that the other party involved had a different agenda,” Osborne told the Beast. “How else could we perceive that to be?”

LINK

Funny, Carson described the room as having a table and chairs, don't know many closets equipped that way. Makes you wonder about the credibility of anything you say.

Will he do more harm to the ticket than Trump, Cruz, and all the rest of the clowns are doing?
It just seems there are too many of them in order to get more than the 1/3 vote that Trump has been "winning" by. Too split. That's why Bush bowed out; I don't know what Carson and Kasich are waiting for. If anyone is going to beat Trump to the nomination, it's not going to happen with 5 people still splitting the vote. Of course, that's if you DON'T want Trump to get the nomination. I'm a bit prejudiced there.

It just seems there are too many of them in order to get more than the 1/3 vote that Trump has been "winning" by. Too split. That's why Bush bowed out; I don't know what Carson and Kasich are waiting for. If anyone is going to beat Trump to the nomination, it's not going to happen with 5 people still splitting the vote. Of course, that's if you DON'T want Trump to get the nomination. I'm a bit prejudiced there.

Go Trump. As I always say, he's the best gift anybody could give to Hillary.

So Carson is the trouble? Interesting in that the "outsider", "non conformist" " non beltway politician", Mr Cruz is the very same big government stuff the coffers courtesy of his VAT tax scheme politician wearing a different colored frock. His tax plan, as has been proven world wide, is a sham, fuels the expansion of government and entitlement programs. Not one country that has adopted a VAT did away or reduced personal income taxes. Ben may not be as eloquent a speaker nor politician, at least he isn't as gullible, stupid, and naive.

Trump is anything but gullible, stupid, and naive is the more important point, Staidhup. The Donald may lose the national election by fifteen points, but unless something incredible happens, he will gain the GOP nomination.

========
Cruz cannot possibly win.

His fellow Republicans hate his guts.

Cruz says a woman who is raped HAS to carry the fetus full term and give birth to it, EVEN THOUGH IT WILL KILL HER.

American women will NOT go for that and will not vote for him.

========
Naww Cruz would be even better because even his fellow Republican hate his guts and he says a woman who is RAPED has to carry the fetus full term and give birth to it EVEN THOUGH IT WILL KILL HER.

========
Naww Cruz would be even better because even his fellow Republican hate his guts and he says a woman who is RAPED has to carry the fetus full term and give birth to it EVEN THOUGH IT WILL KILL HER.

You could be right.

Cruz would be more easily defeated than Trump, whereas Trump would just be easily defeated.

Romney won NH with 39% of the vote. Trump with 35%

Romney lost SC with 27% of the vote. Trump won with 32%.

Had an establishment candidate won New Hampshire and South Carolina by huge margins, they would be screaming from the rooftops that we must get behind the obvious Nominee.

Hypocrites all.

What went on in the that closet?

Benny boy got so pissed, he's hanging in for Super Tuesday to continue to peel off Teddy's votes.

Carson has decided to make sure that Cruz has no chance to win the nomination.

Forum List

Back