CDZ "Critical Race Theory"

if a college that gives preferential treatment to blacks in admission is not racist because there is no implication of racial superiority, only that unequal treatment due to policies in the past have disadvantaged blacks. It is unequal treatment but it is not racist.

If that was true, colleges would not have given preferential treatment to all members of a racial group. If one believes that being black, in itself, is a disadvantage, this is a belief in racial inferiority.

I do not think it is possible to have a realistic discussion on race or racism on most message boards.

Not saying that is true about this board.

True, but it's fun, especially when the left wing racists try and deny they're in love with their own racism. Black kids literally get shot to death for 'acting white', i.e. learning to read and write, excel in school, etc., in black neighborhoods.

I was just interested in pointing out that academia is indeed engaging in active racism against whites and so is the Democratic Party, despite all the denials they make re their own racism; this 'theory takes a minor half-truth and makes whites the foil for all black shortcomings while completely ignoring black sub-cultures itself as the major culprit. The pseudo-intellectual leaps are baseless, and in fact at their core have to assume blacks are indeed intellectually inferior and require the majority of society to dumb itself down in order to make it 'fair'.
Your ag
I do not think it is possible to have a realistic discussion on race or racism on most message boards.

True, but it's fun, especially when the left wing racists try and deny they're in love with their own racism. Black kids literally get shot to death for 'acting white', i.e. learning to read and write, excel in school, etc., in black neighborhoods.

I was just interested in pointing out that academia is indeed engaging in active racism against whites and so is the Democratic Party, despite all the denials they make re their own racism; this 'theory takes a minor half-truth and makes whites the foil for all black shortcomings while completely ignoring black sub-cultures itself as the major culprit. The pseudo-intellectual leaps are baseless, and in fact at their core have to assume blacks are indeed intellectually inferior and require the majority of society to dumb itself down in order to make it 'fair'.
When democrats want more money for

Accusing academia of racism against whites means they consider blacks a superior or inferior race to whites and I really don't think that is true. The foundation of racism is not inequality of treatment, hate, or discrimination. It is the belief in the superiority of one race over another. For example, if a white man curses a black man, that in itself is no racism. However, if he uses the N word, it is racist because he's using a word widely associated with the inferiority of the race. Likewise, if a college that gives preferential treatment to blacks in admission is not racist because there is no implication of racial superiority, only that unequal treatment due to policies in the past have disadvantaged blacks. It is unequal treatment but it is not racist.

The whole concept of reverse racism is generally faulty because it is a rare situation for blacks or an institution such the government to act on the believe that one race is either inferior or superior to another race. This is a fine point but a very important one when you discuss racism.
This isn't difficult. Unequal treatment due to skin color IS racism and violates our constitutional guarantee to equal treatment.

Blacks were held in slavery for centuries and then freed to suffer from social slavery (segregation) because whites treated them as an inferior race, limiting educational, economic, social opportunities enjoyed by whites. Today they are given some preferences, not because we believe the white race is inferior but because we are trying to balance the scales, repair the damage of centuries of racism.

What EXACTLY is "the damage of centuries of racism?" Is this an inherited trait or merely the current state of the predominant African-American subculture? Please be SPECIFIC.

Forum List

Back