Crate training

That dog looks miserable in that crate.
He can barely even move in that tiny cage. It's fucking torture.

Koshergrl should not own a pet dog.

No it's not, she has ample room to stand fully, turn around and lie down. She is not confined 24/7 and for her it offers her a space where she feels, safe, and secure and isn't isolated from household activities.
Exactly. Once she gets it, she's going to love it.
Would you love it?

Dogs are den animals, that is one reason crates work well - it's not abusing them unless they are crated all the time. I have 4 crates and the doors are open most of the time (they only need crated at certain times). They wander in and out of each other's crates at will and I'm always finding someone asleep inside - with the door open.

Of course sometimes... we find a bit of a surprise ;)

100_1775_zps9210f31d.jpg

LOL, that's cute!

My dogs are too lazy to need a crate. They are too lazy to tear up a house. I just need a larger chair for them in my computer room. lol

chairtoosmall.jpg

He can barely even move in that tiny cage. It's fucking torture.

Koshergrl should not own a pet dog.

No it's not, she has ample room to stand fully, turn around and lie down. She is not confined 24/7 and for her it offers her a space where she feels, safe, and secure and isn't isolated from household activities.
Would you love it?

Dogs are den animals, that is one reason crates work well - it's not abusing them unless they are crated all the time. I have 4 crates and the doors are open most of the time (they only need crated at certain times). They wander in and out of each other's crates at will and I'm always finding someone asleep inside - with the door open.

100_1775_zps9210f31d.jpg

LOL, that's cute!

My dogs are too lazy to need a crate. They are too lazy to tear up a house. I just need a larger chair for them in my computer room. lol

View attachment 54066
Pugs? Maybe I can talk my mom into getting one of these. Her dog is too big for her.

Obviously pounding on them and shrieking isn't terribly effective but I don't believe iceweasel does that.
Who said that? I have a number of hate filled retards on filter.
Yeah ppl like to flock to the hobby forums to say nasty things. Sealybobo used to love to comment how ugly mylo is whenever I spanked him. Carla's here musing on how miserable mylo looked in the pictures, the implication being of course that I'm abusing her lol.

I never implied that you are abusing your dog. But come on, look at her face, she does look pretty miserable in that photo. I have no doubt she'll be just fine after she gets used to her crate.

Would you love it?

100_1775_zps9210f31d.jpg

LOL, that's cute!

View attachment 54066
Pugs? Maybe I can talk my mom into getting one of these. Her dog is too big for her.

They are perfect little dogs, once you get used to the snoring. They are very low maintenance, great with children, and other animals.

masonlifejacket.jpg

jojo.jpg

Would you love it?

100_1775_zps9210f31d.jpg

LOL, that's cute!

View attachment 54066

Just an FYI, the fawn pugs shed like crazy, but the black ones don't. If your mom wants really, really, low maintenance, go with a little black pug! They're both pretty stinking cute! :)

I used to have a lot of black in my wardrobe, but that is no longer the case. :D

pug-puppies13.jpg

Obviously pounding on them and shrieking isn't terribly effective but I don't believe iceweasel does that.
Yeah ppl like to flock to the hobby forums to say nasty things. Sealybobo used to love to comment how ugly mylo is whenever I spanked him. Carla's here musing on how miserable mylo looked in the pictures, the implication being of course that I'm abusing her lol.

I never implied that you are abusing your dog. But come on, look at her face, she does look pretty miserable in that photo. I have no doubt she'll be just fine after she gets used to her crate.
Ok I have to take stealth pictures of her to get decent pics because she avoids the camera and looks abused if she knows I'm taking pics.
WP_20150919_003.jpg
I was literally hiding the camera from her here.

Ok I have to take stealth pictures of her to get decent pics because she avoids the camera and looks abused if she knows I'm taking pics.View attachment 54072 I was literally hiding the camera from her here.

That's much better. lol

And she can jump about five feet straight up from a standing or sitting stance.

I think Mylo's cute - she's got a sweet face :)
Mylo is a noble, faithful and brave companion. High maintenance, but oh well...

She's a diva ;)

I admit I'm partial to dogs with a bit of "naughty"...
Lol she has a lot of naughty haha.

I'm partial to German-Shepherd Collie mixes...two of the best (and naughtiest) dogs I had were of that mix.

Sometime ago I lived in a small A-frame. I had two bitches, Elsa and Deena who would periodically get into hellacious fights (and that was before I knew a lot about dog behavior). I also had Hootie - a huge Shep/Collie mix too smart for his own good. One day the girls got into a fight up in the loft and I was the only one there. So I ran upstairs to break it up, and there was Hootie watching...he looked at me, looked at them, and when he noticed my attention was fully engaged he went downstairs, stole a loaf of bread from on top the fridge, consumed it, lifted a leg on the wood stove and said to himself "this is a good day".

He was a shit! :lol: but oh I loved him :)

I bet she would be fun for trick training!
I'm so uncreative that way. I mean it took almost ten years for me to think 'hey I could crate train her!'

Snoop has learned to open the fridge and help himself to the contents, however. Yesterday he dined on bacon and butter and some chicken.

I bet she would be fun for trick training!
I'm so uncreative that way. I mean it took almost ten years for me to think 'hey I could crate train her!'

Snoop has learned to open the fridge and help himself to the contents, however. Yesterday he dined on bacon and butter and some chicken.

:lol: I think I would like Snoop - Hootie could open cabinets and fridge doors :)

I train trick to keep them mentally busy - I find stuff on the internet. I'm playing around with different things - we do an early morning before work session - sometimes it's good, sometimes a flop but they never know!

Easy tricks are - sit pretty, or stand up on hind legs and dance. You can also do roll over, give paw, high five. I use clicker training for a lot of tricks. She's small so - jumping through arms can be a good one :)

My dogs don't know any tricks but understand a lot of words and phrases. Like with humans, the better the communication the better things go. I understand a lot from them too as they have learned to express their minds too. I taught them 'breakfast', which means food since I didn't try to teach them lunch and dinner. So the word breakfast gets them hopping around morning, noon or night.

'Do you want to go to the dog park' gets them going ballistic on weekends. They know stay, stop, no, ok, sit, the basics. The Rat Terrier is very smart and knows the difference between the red racketball, blue racketball, white ball, handball and squeakyball.

If they are doing something I don't want I usually just say their name and they stop, they know what the routine is.

Forum List

Back