Covid-19 infections leave an impact on the heart, raising concerns about lasting damage

ding

Confront reality
Oct 25, 2016
Houston
THIS isn't good news at all. So much for the argument of go ahead and get it over with.

A recent study examined the cardiac MRIs of 100 people who had recovered from Covid-19 and compared them to heart images from 100 people who were similar but not infected with the virus. Their average age was 49 and two-thirds of the patients had recovered at home. 78 of the 100 patients showed structural changes to their hearts, 76 of the 100 had evidence of a biomarker signaling cardiac injury typically found after a heart attack, and 60 of the 100 had signs of inflammation.

Yes I read about this, very concerning. This cold virus has symptoms like no other and behaves like no other cold virus I can recall. It makes me believe China engineered the virus to be a weapon and then accidentally released it in their own country. Once the cat was out of the bag, they protected their own country and then purposely let it spread throughout the world.

Marc Pfeffer, a cardiologist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, called both the autopsy and MRI studies a sobering warning.

Oh no! A hundred people who's systems were weak enough to catch the virus had after effects! Quick! Everybody run to your homes. Lock the door! Don a mask!

Tomey sees signs of weakness in patients who had Covid-19 in March or April, when the disease was surging in New York.

“Patients come to my office saying, ‘Hey, I’m a 31-year-old who used to run and be completely unlimited in my exercise, and now I get palpitations walking across the street. Or I get out of breath climbing up to my second-floor apartment,’” he said.

Oh no! A hundred people who's systems were weak enough to catch the virus had after effects! Quick! Everybody run to your homes. Lock the door! Don a mask!
Actually I think what this is saying is that if your calculus was based on 98% survival rate, you might want to re-think your math because even though you survive you might have knocked off 10 to 15 years of your life.

But hey, anyone who wants to ignore this, please be my guest. The Darwin awards are two rooms to the left.

One has to wonder. How many people who survived say, the Swine flu, also had awful after affects? Let's explore some of those statistics before we declare covid the killer of even dedicated joggers!

Paging Jim Fixx.

Actually I think what this is saying is that if your calculus was based on 98% survival rate, you might want to re-think your math because even though you survive you might have knocked off 10 to 15 years of your life.

But hey, anyone who wants to ignore this, please be my guest. The Darwin awards are two rooms to the left.
Math smath.

I've read that people with this strain of flu also lose their sense of smell for a while-

Math smath.
russian roulette.gif

I am in total agreement that you guys should throw caution to the wind.
Good to hear that you aren't a whining fraidy cat clinging to the latest study. You go boy! Get up tomorrow morning and face the world!

Good to hear that you aren't a whining fraidy cat clinging to the latest study. You go boy! Get up tomorrow morning and face the world!
Why? I don't have to. I'm perfectly happy with how things are. I am perfectly happy with you throwing caution to the wind. I on the other hand will manage my risk accordingly.

Why? I don't have to. I'm perfectly happy with how things are. I am perfectly happy with you throwing caution to the wind. I on the other hand will manage my risk accordingly.
Uh huh.

Uh huh.
100%. Been working from home since mid-February. I'll be retiring at the end of the year.

Uh huh.
100%. Been working from home since mid-February. I'll be retiring at the end of the year.
Well then. Just keep the wife and mistress under mask and you will be swimming the windy risk. Good for you.

Forum List

Back