Courageous Alan Grayson ERUPTS, LASHES OUT at Spineless Harry Reid

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
let's get ready to rumble!

Harry Reid to Rep. Alan Grayson: 'I want you to lose'

Rep. Alan Grayson angrily confronted Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid on Wednesday, disrupting a meeting of the Congressional Progressive Caucus in front of dozens of staffers and members of Congress.

Grayson (D-Fla.), who Reid vehemently opposes in his bid for the open Florida Senate seat, arrived at the meeting with Reid's February statement in hand, according to two sources in the room. In that statement, Reid said Grayson has "no moral compass" and "used his status as a congressman to unethically promote his Cayman Islands hedge funds."

As each member took a turn to speak to Reid, it was Grayson's turn. He asked Reid if the Nevada senator knows who he is. After Reid answered in the affirmative, Grayson went on the attack.

“Say my name, senator. Say my name," Grayson told Reid as Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) tried to shut the confrontation down. Ellison chided Grayson, asking him what he was doing and why he was distracting from the meeting's goals.

Grayson responded by angrily waving a printout of Reid's searing February quote that called on Grayson to drop out of the primary race against Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-Fla.).

"Why'd you say that?" Grayson said, insisting Reid's statement was false.

Reid calmly faced his inquisitor: "I want you to lose. It's true."

“Let’s face it, I’m not the establishment candidate. The establishment wants somebody who is a callow tool," Grayson said. “As far as I can tell, the only criteria that the Democratic establishment has among Senate candidates this year is obedience. In that regard, perhaps I fall short.”

In a separate statement Grayson called Murphy a "Republican sock puppet." Murphy responded that Grayson is acting a lot like Donald Trump and is hijacking the caucus to further his own ends.

"The Progressive Caucus is a place to fight for progressive values, not fight for Alan Grayson's narcissistic desire to hear someone say his name," Murphy said.

"Courageous"?

A boorish lout who regularly lapses into old, tired Democrat talking points, insults, and smears, in lieu of thinking?

One thing Grayson isn't, is courageous.

• Banned
Bitchy LittleAcorn is an ACORN operative who hates American heroes like Senator Grayson.

Forum List

Back